How different would the game be if you could go 5/5/5?

Anon
Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
It's something I've been wondering for a while. Some characters like 4* Jean Grey, IMHB, and Iceman have little to gain from a 5/5/5 build.

Other characters like Mordo, 4* Iron Fist, and Xpool would be way better with such a build.

Something to consider.

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    You pretty much answered your own question, here.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Try using black bolt he takes his team to 5/5/5
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember when you needed 15 covers of each color
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Harder to max cover.  4/4/4 now not so great.  Imagine how much more painful 5/5/0 would be if you needed to get all 5s.  No thanks.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Harder to max cover.  4/4/4 now not so great.  Imagine how much more painful 5/5/0 would be if you needed to get all 5s.  No thanks.
    How is 4/4/4 not so great ? I think it is the best case scenario. What am I missing ?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,183 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:
    broll said:
    How is 4/4/4 not so great ? I think it is the best case scenario. What am I missing ?
    I think @broll meant that, should 5/5/5 be instituted, a 4/4/4 build would no longer be so great.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    It would be a neat addition, but only to champed or maybe max champed chars.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    D4Ni13 said:
    broll said:
    I think @broll meant that, should 5/5/5 be instituted, a 4/4/4 build would no longer be so great.
    I see. That would make sense :)
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I'd rather the ability to go 6/5/2 than 5/5/5, personally. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    And for those who can't imagine, at the moment if you're unlucky enough to get a 5/5/0 build then you'd expect it to take 8 more pulls of that character's cover to fully cover them.  That's the point where you pass the 50/50 threshold, so it could easily take longer.

If the target is to get 5 in all colours now, the threshold goes up to 14 covers.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Exactly this. The wasted cover problem would reach a whole new level of frustration. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:
    broll said:
    Yes that is what I meant.  There would not longer be any way to build up a character to max without hitting 5.  Every character would have to hit 2 5s and be stuck chasing that 3rd cover.  It's the stuff of nightmares...
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    I always thought a maxed champed character should turn into a 5/5/5.