Anyone failed to cover 3x5* with 300 pulls

Tony_Foot
Tony_Foot Posts: 1,796 Chairperson of the Boards
As per title, out of curiosity as I'm very close to pulling the trigger myself on 300 pulls, anyone failed at 300 to cover the three latest even after swaps?

I love the 4* star game and I guess I'm battling myself on just keeping on hoarding and put the ISO I have saved into my 4*s. I'm easily getting to 13 covers on my 4*s without pulling anyway from heroics and bonus heroes.

Comments

• Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I'm sure it has, according to my calculations the odds you don't finish all 3 with 300 pulls is .64%
    This is caused by customer service not exchanging characters only colors and results in multiple champion levels.

• Tony_Foot
    Sorry just to be sure, is that 64% or .64%  :) 
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    I have covered everyone from BP to PPSM without hoarding. I’ve also covered Thanos and BB while using them as BH. Thanos needed one cover and BB needed two. 
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    I was able to cover Thanos through Doc Ock without hoarding or whaling. It took between 65 to 85 pulls each month. Doc Ock and Starlord were max covered before Peter Parker was released. I started hoarding as soon as Doc Ock was max covered as I didn't think I wanted more covers for him yet. Only reason i covered starlord and doc ock is because i got them bot to 10+ covers before i max covered Hawkeye. I pulled almost right at the advertised 15%.

If you are happy with 450 5*s you probably don't need to hoard. If you want 500s then you'll need to hoard
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    KooRemoDestroyer said:
    I was able to cover Thanos through Doc Ock without hoarding or whaling. It took between 65 to 85 pulls each month. Doc Ock and Starlord were max covered before Peter Parker was released. I started hoarding as soon as Doc Ock was max covered as I didn't think I wanted more covers for him yet. Only reason i covered starlord and doc ock is because i got them bot to 10+ covers before i max covered Hawkeye. I pulled almost right at the advertised 15%.

If you are happy with 450 5*s you probably don't need to hoard. If you want 500s then you'll need to hoard
     This is true assuming you get 60-80 pulls every 30-40 days, and are ok with the odd, unlucky character going uncovered.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    KooRemoDestroyer said:

This is true assuming you get 60-80 pulls every 30-40 days, and are ok with the odd, unlucky character going uncovered.
    or you have all 4*s champed so nothing goes to waste.

I'm probably going to move into this mode soon.  I recently tracked all my resource gains for 55 days straight.  I averaged 28 CP and 1.1 LTs per day (or 2.2 latest pulls per day) so in 30-40 days my average pulls would be slightly higher than 60-80.  I just wish I had more 4*s champed, but at this point most of my remaining ones aren't great, it's time to move on.  Also ISO is still a challenge at 53K per day (counting SR rewards, without that it drops to 47K per day).  Especially as I'm just starting to hit the first max 3*s and will likely end up splitting ISO spends between 5*s, 4*s, and 3* farm.
  • Tony_Foot
    For the record. Finished my opening. 300 pulls and another 20 or so from champion levels added.

I wouldn't run it that close again, my first 200 hundred pulls were horrific, no way near mid point on any of the latest 5*. 300 wouldn't have cut it, the extra 20 nosed me over the line.

I got a 5/5/3 PP with no swaps required, 5/5/3 DD and 3/3/5 Gambit with two extra red.

I didn't get a single 5* bonus hero and I only got around two 4* bonus heroes, which is odd because I get them all the time from heroics. So didn't finish Yondu, like I thought I would.

Champed 12 4* and soft capped my 5* at 360. Spend 4m ISO. Overall a huge success but I wouldn't risk 300 pulls again.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Vhailorx said:
    KooRemoDestroyer said:

or you have all 4*s champed so nothing goes to waste.

I'm probably going to move into this mode soon.  I recently tracked all my resource gains for 55 days straight.  I averaged 28 CP and 1.1 LTs per day (or 2.2 latest pulls per day) so in 30-40 days my average pulls would be slightly higher than 60-80.  I just wish I had more 4*s champed, but at this point most of my remaining ones aren't great, it's time to move on.  Also ISO is still a challenge at 53K per day (counting SR rewards, without that it drops to 47K per day).  Especially as I'm just starting to hit the first max 3*s and will likely end up splitting ISO spends between 5*s, 4*s, and 3* farm.
    4*s have nothing to do with it.  I meant the odd 5* going uncovered.  2-3 LT pulls earned per day is enough to expect a fully covered 5* assuming relatively normal cover distribution.  but it"s all rng.  eventually you will get screwed and someone will leave the latest pool with 10-12 covers instead of 13.  or you will cover the newest 5* before the second newest and then, unless you have endless iso, you have to decide if you want to risk wasting covers for the newer character (that you can't champ) chasing covers for the character than will leave tokens soon.  This happened to me in the spring: I covered HE while my BP was still at 10 covers.  I ended up pulling an extra HE cover while chasing BP.  All to no luck.  So now I have a 1/5/4 BP, a level 453 HE, and a 0/1/0 duplicate BP because CS refused to give me a cover swap for a later BP pull while the hornhead token was available.