Which 4* should I champ next?

broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2017 in Roster and Level Help
Coming out of the Anniversary I have a lot more 14th covers on the vine then I'm used to and since I've now champed most of the obvious ones I'm struggling with who to champ.

My vine:
Champables:
Winter Soldier (7d 3h)
The Thing (8d 10h)
Kingping (8d 10h)
Sandman x2 (10d 12h & 12d 17m)

Not Champable:
Venom (Brock) (7d 19h)
Miles Morales (9d 9h)
Drax (10d 12h)

I can definitely champ one, two might be pushing it, but I'm gonna try.  Right now I'm leaning towards Thing and Sandman (If I can pull off two) but this thread A Mostly Accurate 4* Ranking (Updated 9/11) suggests that Winter Soldier is way better than Thing, but Thing seems pretty useful in the R&G everywhere meta we're in.  What do you guys think?

Which 4* should I champ next? 12 votes

Winter Soldier
25%
BlackBoltRocksbrollTPF Alexis 3 votes
The Thing
25%
WarbringaStraycatdramatist 3 votes
Kingpin
8%
DukeUpdate 1 vote
Sandman
41%
CoppsStarfuryAnonSTERLING21JJAZRAEL5 5 votes

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Winter Soldier
    Kingping? Noot noot!

I'm biased toward Winter Soldier, since Bucky is possibly my favorite MCU character, but I'm not sure how that holds up in game ;) Personally, I'd probably go for him and Thing, despite the two Sandman covers. But there's a lot of subjectivity in that call.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    The Thing
    Thing is the only one that has a distinct role now, and I think that's worth something. Otherwise I would agree that Winter Soldier is the strongest, and his AP steal might have new worth against Vulture and Rogue. But with trap tiles getting nerfed he lost a little utility, and he's a bit slow.

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Thing
    I still think Sandman is complete garbage.  Normally I would say go with whoever you have the most covers expiring for but Sandman is the exception.

I also used to like Kingpin out of the four you listed the most but I actually think he got worse with his recent buff-nerf.  
  • broll
    Winter Soldier
    50/50, not making this any easier guys :-p
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Sandman

Thing at most buys you an extra turn or two against R&G strike tiles. And it means you actually have to use him on offense.

If he could actually defend himself, he might be worth it. But as it is, he's only useful in combination with another "don't you dare hurt my teammates" character. (Try playing the next simulator with Rogue/4* Deadpool/Thing and find out if anyone felt like attacking you)

As for your question: :p
    You'll get many more Sandman covers in the near future, might as well get him out of the way now.

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    None of them is a game changer. I would go for Winter Soldier and Sandman (over 10 days of getting iso with double-iso LR this week, should be easy). Thing is ok but it's been long since I've used him and Kingpin was nerfed and dropped couple of tiers. 
  • broll
    Winter Soldier
    broll said:
    50/50, not making this any easier guys :-p
    Heh. Why not Venom or Miles though? Venom goes well with Medusa, and Miles goes well with Peter Parker
    Because i don't have the covers for them, that's why I put them under the heading unchampable.  Venom is 5/2/4 & Miles is 2/5/5.  I can't image either is worth blowing 120 - 240 CP to save, especially since I have other CP free options, but I listed them there so people could say they feel it's wroth it.  I didn't make it a poll option because I wouldn't spend my CP that way even if 1000 people told me to lol.

Starfury said:

Thing at most buys you an extra turn or two against R&G strike tiles. And it means you actually have to use him on offense.

If he could actually defend himself, he might be worth it. But as it is, he's only useful in combination with another "don't you dare hurt my teammates" character. (Try playing the next simulator with Rogue/4* Deadpool/Thing and find out if anyone felt like attacking you)

As for your question: :p
    You'll get many more Sandman covers in the near future, might as well get him out of the way now.

This is why I'm leaning towards Sandman as the #2 option.

I should have the CP to do the first one by the end of tonight early tomorrow at best.  I'll let people know what I go with.  Thanks for the inputs.
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    The Thing
    I only have Thing and Kingpin champed of those four. Thing has his uses and maybe he gets a buff sometime. Kingpin went from ok boosted to he sucks now with his recent changes. 
  • broll
    Winter Soldier
    I champed Winter Soldier this morning.  I have 6d 14h left on Thing.  Based on my remaining ISO (29232), My average ISO income ~50K per day x 6 (300,000) and Thing only needing 305K right now I might be able to save Thing as well.  If I can I will, otherwise I'll settle for Sandman.  Thanks for the input.
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Sandman
    I don't like voting for sandman but I did as your going to pull more sandman than the others.  So don't waste the two covers.

Kingpin is one of my favorite older characters though.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sandman
    I vote Sandman. You'll get more covers, plus the chance they rework him.