4* DDQ: Elektra vs. Blad3

DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
Before I start, am I misremembering things, or wasn't this Crash against De4dpool last time? I think it was about the third Crash I'd ever won and it took a ton of tries with my 3/1/1 Level 115 Elektra.

Anyways, I managed to beat Blad3 second try with no boosts with my 3/2/2 Level 147 Elektra with 1710 health left. Token to the hoard. 

First try, the AI simply had way more favorable tile matches and he got Nightstalker off twice, the first time before I had any Shadow Step traps out, so I ate like 2500 damage. He also got out Keep Your Enemies Closer, for two Attack tiles. 

I would say your strategy should probably be to deny black, purple and red, in that order. Black lets you get Shadow Step traps out and avoid damage altogether for a few turns, which was probably the reason I ended up winning. It also has the benefit of denying Nightstalker, which steals your purple and fuels his Keep Your Enemies Closer.

Purple denies KYEC and fuels your Double Double Cross, which can steal some of his Strike tiles, if he's placed any. It might hurt you in the short run, but I would recommend not matching away some of his Strikes so you can steal them on the first cast of DDC. Otherwise it's better to wait until you can fire it twice in a row. 

Lastly, going after red will let you get a Ballet of Death trap out and deal damage every turn and steal purple. That damage is a nice bonus, especially if you've stolen some Strikes. Matching red will also stop him from making new Strikes.

Depending on your board, you might need to switch up the order you match these colors in, but generally speaking, I would say that's probably the best order of priority.  

That was pretty much my strategy the second time. I fired DDC twice, stealing and buffing some of his Strikes each time, Shadow Step at least once and Ballet of Death. That last cast of Shadow Step saved me, as I was below 2000 health. The damage that was letting me avoid and causing for Blad3 each turn, coupled with the damage from Ballet of Death, gave me the win. 

Comments

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I've had a couple of tries with my 4/1/1 Elektra, but havent even got close. Will keep trying as it seems possible
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    3/3/2 lv.131 no boosts

Took 3 tries. First one had red everywhere, but not close enough to each other to match any. Blade got out too many strike tiles too quickly and wallopped me. Second try was a good back and forth which I came up just short on.

Third try I match up red at the start and managed to 15 purple by the time there was enough red back for blade to make strikers. 2 casts of double double cross (quadruple cross?) later and it was my turn to give Blade a whooping!

Token to the hoard.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got my final red Elektra cover from a SHIELD resupply, and enough Iso from the anniversary to champ her, so I got this on my first try.

Keeping the legendary token until Gambit is available (since it seems he'll be an essential every 5th event for the next 18 weeks).
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Easy first try with 4/5/4 L131.

+1 to hoard.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crash was a breeze this time since the rework. Last time I worried about giving him free Strike tiles for his Purple power with DDC, this time I just tossed out a Ballet of Death, and stole all his AP faster than he could gather it. 

First try, lvl 210 3/5/5 Elektra, no boosts. Token yielded a Blue Vulture (yay!), which I already have 5 of (boo!)

• thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    4/4/3 229 no boosts. Took longer than expected waiting for him to drop some strikes to steal, but was never in any jeopardy.

Black C&D to 5/3/5 Yay!, Only 3 covers wasted and plenty of iso to champ on the next cover. As one of the weird people who love Agent Venom, I look forward to this.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 218 3/5/5 Elektra took him down on the first try, though I did take a lot of damage. My reward was a blue Punisher, bringing him up to a respectable 3/4/3! 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I've had a couple of tries with my 4/1/1 Elektra, but havent even got close. Will keep trying as it seems possible
    Got him! Similar deal to XFDP fight, boosts were no help, just needed to get a good starting board.

Reward was a Green Sandman (now 1/2/2) and a bonus Blue BatteryBird (now 1/1/4)
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    4/1/1 135 Elektra. got murdered the first time, the second time I ended up quickly amassing a lot of purple AP and managed to snatch away both of his attack tiles and a bunch of strike tiles and have them do all the work for me. I didn't actually expect to win, but I did. My LT was a green Riri which allowed me to finally champ her
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    First try no boosts lvl 155 Elektra