When you add CL 10 please remove the 5 star node from CL7.

Options
Wumpushunter
Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
Right now you have trapped every 3 star champ to 4 star transitioning individual into basically CL6.  5 is too low. And you will never do well in 7 now without 5 stars.

Dont have to do it now, you can do it when you release CL10. That way you can have 3 out of 10 with this required 5 star node. Not almost half of them. 

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep. SCL7 rewards are almost necessary for transitioning to 4* play, but are nearly unattainable without 5* characters as it stands. There needs to be at least one SCL where people can reliably get 4* covers and solid placement without having to already have 5* characters, or it's going to stall out development for a huge chunk of the player base.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why that request ?
    The required 5* Node is only bonus. You don't need to clear that node to fully get all progression rewards.
    You don't have the required 5*, bad luck. You have it, it's additional rewards and points to meet progression. It's win win for all players.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Placement has never been the primary source of covers and CP for transitioning players. If you've previously been able to place well, good on you, but note that the vast majority of players don't. Progression is where it's at. I didn't sniff a T10 until I had multiple 4* champs.

When I don't have the 5*, I move up a clearance level, for the better progression rewards and the outside chance of something half-decent from placement.

D3 and Demiurge want us to want 5*s, so I can't see them walking back this change, and I don't want them to. It's extra rewards and a chance to use characters that were previously dead weight on my roster.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fact of the matter is people in the 4* transition will start getting 5*s anyway while chasing 4*s with CP.  Why not get a 100 level boost to make them useful?  Only problem I have with this is that focusing almost exclusively on latest will make it much less useful for most, especially transition players who will probably be spending 20 CP vs 25.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    granne said:
    Placement has never been the primary source of covers and CP for transitioning players. If you've previously been able to place well, good on you, but note that the vast majority of players don't. Progression is where it's at. I didn't sniff a T10 until I had multiple 4* champs.
    Its not about Covers from placement, at least for me. It's about HP. Before the 5* node was added, I could reliably place well enough in SCL7 for 100 HP per Sub, and another 100 at the end.

Now, if I don't have the 5*, I either drop down to SCL6 for 50HP per Sub and no 4* from Progression, or stay in SCL7 for the Progression Cover, but no HP from each Sub.

For most of my time in MPQ so far, literally up until last week actually, HP for Roster Slots has been the single biggest limiting factor on improving my roster.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Coubii said:
    Why that request ?
    The required 5* Node is only bonus. You don't need to clear that node to fully get all progression rewards.
    You don't have the required 5*, bad luck. You have it, it's additional rewards and points to meet progression. It's win win for all players.
    oh, yes I love going from top 3 placement in 6 to top 100 on 7 cause the 2000 points extra other can get i can't get