Can we make iceman fair

My problem with Iceman is his blue, the most annoying skill ever! If you break the countdown, you will be punish and might end up with stunned characters, IF you don’t break it… you going to lose someone, is a lose-lose situation with no counter play. The game has evolve and I can think we can make this skill fair and still useful, it can work like this:

(Build a Snowman) Bobby stuns frozen solid an enemy, creates a 4-turn blue Countdown  targeting an enemy than stun it at the end of each turn. While this tile is on the board, this power becomes Punch a Snowman
(Punch a Snowman) Iceman deals 457 damage to enemy target by Build a Snowman. Destroys all of Iceman's Countdown

Ofcourse this might need some twiks but you get the idea, the point is use the new mechanics, because is REALLY frustrating do the right thing (destroy the countdown to block the damage) and still get punish by doing so (take another 4 turn stun on a second character)

Comments

• finlanderboy
    finlanderboy Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    deny blue when you play him.  Is he gets enough blue to stun you twice or punch you that is either very unlucky or poor play.

Also since characters can have one status at a time(stun/airborne/invsiblw) if you make them one of those statuses they will break the stun.

Agent venom teamup can unstun teammates.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Iceman is awesome! Leave him alone!
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yeah he's strong but compared to the top 5 he's ... . What's worse, occasionally losing to ice punch or Vulure getting some black then becoming impossible to hurt forever while generating 10 AP/turn for his allies? Ice Punch is a horrible stun then 16k for 12 blue.. But R4G+G deals that much damage for free in the first couple turns of the battle. There are so many stronger characters now. I kinda wish we could go back to the times when Iceman was OP...
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor

My problem with Iceman is his blue, the most annoying skill ever! If you break the countdown, you will be punish and might end up with stunned characters, IF you don’t break it… you going to lose someone, is a lose-lose situation with no counter play. 

The counter play is to not let him gain that much blue AP if you're afraid of that ability. You can also use characters that steal AP, or you can just stun him or send him airborne. You have plenty options. 

I wonder though, where did you encounter him so much that you developed this fear or hate for him. I'm a 4* player and I barely see him in matches. We live in an 'era' in which people complain about Carol, Grocket, Gambit, Medusa, and others... Iceman is just fine as he is. He doesn't even see that much play, despite being one of the most rounded characters in game. Probably because most people don't like all-rounded that much, but rather best in something. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:

My problem with Iceman is his blue, the most annoying skill ever! If you break the countdown, you will be punish and might end up with stunned characters, IF you don’t break it… you going to lose someone, is a lose-lose situation with no counter play. 

The counter play is to not let him gain that much blue AP if you're afraid of that ability. You can also use characters that steal AP, or you can just stun him or send him airborne. You have plenty options. 

I wonder though, where did you encounter him so much that you developed this fear or hate for him. I'm a 4* player and I barely see him in matches. We live in an 'era' in which people complain about Carol, Grocket, Gambit, Medusa, and others... Iceman is just fine as he is. He doesn't even see that much play, despite being one of the most rounded characters in game. Probably because most people don't like all-rounded that much, but rather best in something. 

He hasn't been boosted for a while.
    You'll see a ton of him during his boost week, don't worry.

He needs a lot of champ levels, but he's still very, very good.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    D4Ni13 said:

He hasn't been boosted for a while.
    You'll see a ton of him during his boost week, don't worry.

He needs a lot of champ levels, but he's still very, very good.
    Isn't Black Vortex coming up later this week? That's an awesome Iceman event... I've had lots of fun running Iceman, Nova and Star-Lord (the fourstar version) there. Might not be as effective this time if they boost fourstar Grocket and Gamora too though...
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017

Yeah, if Ice-Man gets 12 blue AP, it hurts. Guess what happens if RiRi gets 11 red, Cage gets 13 red, Hobofist gets 12 black or Yondu gets 10 blue.

Carol and Mockingbird with their countdowns hurt far more for less AP as well.

Ice-Man blue is a good skill, that's why you're not supposed to let him gather blue.

• ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    D4Ni13 said:

First is not hate, only frustration, second; X-men Simulator open some old wounds. Honestly, i can handle Carol, hate medusa, avoid Grocket, and Gambit is ANNOYING and provably the most powerful 3*/5* character to the date.

And about the counter play... is the same thing everyone use to said about Ironman 40, both allways get them.

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd rather fight Iceman all day than slog through another Carol/Medusa match. I'm so sick of seeing them that literally anything else is a refreshing change of pace. Note that I'm not saying they are overpowered either, just that I'm tired of fighting one or both in 90% of matches.

For real though, Iceman isn't that bad. Just take up residence on blue. And match his CD if you can - the stun is annoying but generally preferable to eating the monster punch. If you focus on him, you should also have no problem killing him before he gets enough green to fire Whiteout.

• himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Jarvind said:
    I'd rather fight Iceman all day than slog through another Carol/Medusa match. I'm so sick of seeing them that literally anything else is a refreshing change of pace. Note that I'm not saying they are overpowered either, just that I'm tired of fighting one or both in 90% of matches.

Same. I'm really really tired of them at this point. Iceman can be annoying at times, but he's still manageable imo. 
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    That’s just crazy talk. Iceman works fine. 
  • ssjTeXas
    ssjTeXas Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    As others have said, he's probably the only "perfect" character. I have him champed and love him, but I only use him when boosted, and still burn health packs. And I only face him when he's boosted. It's not like everyone is running him 24/7 to where it's a problem. The real problem is that "one team" everyone is using right now. Damn PvP isn't even fun anymore. Just match away the blues first, or stun him, or send your team invisible/airborne after stuned.