Can we change Camptain America San Wilsom?

Options

Has my first 4* (I was starting the game back there) i love this guy... but he has fallen behind and not for the reason most can think,

His problem has a support is… finding someone to support with his passive, with more and more countdowns you ACTUALLY want to keep on the board, reduce them is something bad actually. If you don’t believe me, you have Medusa, 3* Electra, Mr. Fantastic, Dr. Strange are just a few examples of this kind of countdown.

The ones you used to abuse where the no repeaters and you cant affect them, that’s why I proposing this change give San Wilsom a well-deserved boost:

Wings of Liberty - 9 yellowtilepng AP

Same

Aerial Avenger - bluetilepng PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Captain America whips around the battlefield, giving his team an aerial advantage while coordinating their battle-plan from above. Whenever his team makes a Blue match, Sam Wilson strengthens 1 friendly special tile by 22.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Strengthens a friendly special tile by 29 and reduce the timer on a Repeter by 1. Level 3: Also increse the timer on a friendly Countdown tile by 1. Level 4: Strengthens a friendly special tile by 41. Level 5: Strengthens 2 friendly special tiles.
Max Level

Level 3: Strengthens 1 tile by 90, Reduces the timer on a repeter by 1. Increses the timer on a friendly Countdown by 1.
Level 4: Strengthens 1 tile by 12. Reduces the timer on a repeter by 1. Increses the timer on a friendly Countdown by 1.

Level 5: Strengthens 2 tiles by 129. Reduces the timer on a repeter by 1. Increses the timer on a friendly Countdown by 1.

Dive Bomb - 14 redtilepng AP

Same

This way, we not only get our first repeter supporter, but also works better with a lot of new countdowns wich you actually want to keep on the board insted of reduce them to 0. What do you think of this?

Comments

• vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Countdowns, or the very good ones, in the 4* tier are probably split between those you want to increase vs those you want to decrease.
    At the minimum, I'd love to see redwing get added to the Captain. 
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Boy does Falcap need help!  He's been one of my least-used 4*s for ages, despite my best efforts (teams with GR's old red oR Wasp's yellow seemed promising).  His red is too slow to be an attacker, yellow too slow to be a defender.  Blue gives him support potential, but I think the deficiency there isn't his potential to reduce valuable CDs, but that his tile buffing is super-lame.  At 5 blue, he strengthens 2 tiles by around 140.  By comparison, Carol strengthens 3 by around 450.  I'd argue that it's a lot easier to get expiring countdowns over blue matches as well.  I'd say any fix to blue t(hat isn't a complete redux) has to include making his buff amount comparable to Carol's.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My main problem is his Red cost.

Wouldn't it be great if his Blue was Basically his Redwing ability from his 3* variation, but when Redwing returns, Falcon gains some Yellow and Red ap.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yeah, Sam's biggest problems are:

• He has to consume yellow tiles to fire off his yellow that benefits the most when it's fired if there are a lot of yellow tiles on the board (ie, the Moonstone red problem)
    • His red is too expensive and hits too damn hard. Something that costs 9 yellow AP and 14 red AP should do more than just land one massive damage dealer to one person. It should either have some AoE elements, some overkill damage transferring elements or it should be much cheaper and do less damage.
    • His blue is a mess too, but countdowns are weird. You don't always want yours to expire nor your enemy's countdowns to remain on the board longer. It'd be more interesting if he created countdown tiles (would be very relevant in the current meta) that in turn buffed special tiles.
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is the first time I saw him in action and I gotta say he has the weirdest animation of all.

its like someone is intentionally insulting him.

colour is plain and bright, one scene show him make an upward arrow shape, another have a 2D downward drop...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Reads the title.
    Assumes proposed change is to swap all m's and n's.
    Imterestimg...

Edit:  Fixed a typo.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    broll said:
    Reads the title.
    Assumes proposed change is to swap all m's and n's.
    Imteresting...
    I thimk you neam "Imterestimg".
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I fixed it.  Thamks!
  • throughsilver
    throughsilver Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I like this thread. Reminds me of that last Botch EP. 
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Anon said:
    My main problem is his Red cost.

Wouldn't it be great if his Blue was Basically his Redwing ability from his 3* variation, but when Redwing returns, Falcon gains some Yellow and Red ap.
    Second this idea. Maybe gaining ap when you either match Redwing tile or let the Redwing tile expire. But if you let the tile expire, you also buff your special tiles on top of AP gain. Give you a choice of whether you want those AP now or wait to get  something a little extra.