The game UI isn't keeping up with the releases

Options
Starfury
Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
With a new character being released every other week, the game's UI is falling behind more and more. New creative abilities are dragged down by a UI that can't handle them as well as it should. The recent releases of Rogue and Gambit have illustrated this problem even more:

• Both Rogue and Gambit are disabling other characters' powers, yet their AP bars are still happily flashing away. With Gambit it's mainly a matter of remembering that red and purple won't work, but in Rogue's case you have to check her skills to see what color she stole from you. Other skills that have certain prerequisites also only tell you that they won't work once you're trying to use them.
  • So many skills depending on strongest color, yet we have to check it in power description instead of seeing it at first glance. With boosted Carol this is a 5k AoE landmine.
  • We have tons of characters buffing special tiles to extreme levels but the only way to see their strength is checking each individual tile.
  • Roster selection/management is woefully unfit for rosters approaching 150 characters. (Shameless self plug for a small improvement: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65855/improved-team-selection-screen )

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a major point and I fully agree with the poster.  The opening interface needs a major rework and design.

Some other points to add:

1.  You need to be able to adjust the BH status from the same screen as the level buttons.  Users almost inevitable change their BH status after applying covers and levels.  They inevitable have to back out of all screen to the default roster management screen.  once complete they have to reverse out of that sub menu to the main screen to resume the process of pulling tokens.  Major disruption to flow and thought process.

2.  There needs to be summary screen after team selection and before math start that details the respective match dmg numbers for each screen.  Players need a concise way to know the respective stregths of each team so they can make the appropriate matches.

3.  Of course their needs to be a summary total for all Stries, Shields, Attack icons on the board.   In the same fashion that GR tracks the escalating damage of pentant stare,  the UI needs to alert us how much total strike, protect, attack buffs are currently on the board.

• Starfury
    Options
    Phumade said:

2.  There needs to be summary screen after team selection and before math start that details the respective match dmg numbers for each screen.  Players need a concise way to know the respective stregths of each team so they can make the appropriate matches.

I get the general idea, but I'd prefer if there wasn't another screen to click through before each match.

If anything they should add it to the screen where you can select boosts / TUs

• Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would love to be able to save teams, otat least favoutite characters, in order to avoid seatching
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would love to not have to scroll five pages when I'm trying to make a grill during a hop.
  • Starfury
    Options

Back to the OP .... remember how "amazing" it was when they finally added rarity filters? There's now 57 4*s in this game. Players with 200+ slots (and a few over 300....). Such players definitely need more UI.

I would say those are edge cases so don't hold your breath .... except they added all those 'ghosts' for characters you don't have, so now even the tiniest roster is showing ~150 character to scroll through LOL
    How many dual-effect skills existed by the time they changed the UI so you could see both parts of the skill? I'm definitely not holding my breath :p