What to do with all these Devil Dinos?

Options
VizMantis
VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
The Anniversary Vault has seen fit to give me 5 Devil Dinos of 34 pulls.  The Devil Dino from the season sim already brought him to 13 covers.  For most characters, 5 covers on the vine is a champ no brainer.  For Devil Dino, it seems the only reason to champ him is for the lolz?  So just sell all the covers and enjoy big 5k iso?

Comments

• SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm actually having the opposite problem as in I'm actually trying to champion Devil Dino and was only 4 covers shy of doing so but after 40+ pulls I haven't managed to get a singe one of the Devil Dino covers from the Anniversary Vault!
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I sell them. never required or essential except Anniversary, super rare and won't get many champ levels outside once a year. 
    it's the same with donald, but he's slightly more useful
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd go ahead and champ him.  Would you rather than the 5K ISO, or a Latest Legends token and the other four bonus rewards?
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Champed Devil Dino last year.  No regrets.

Great Kirby character and makes runs of The Hunt PVE a little more entertaining.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here's the way I see it: My Dino will likely hit 13 covers soon, more if I pull any extra from the Anniversary vault. He may only be featured once a year, but he's doing better them the likes of my 2/2/1 Professor X or 2/1/2 Chulk, and I can in theory pull them all the time. I intend to champ my Dino, but that's always been my plan for all the 4* characters anyway. 
  • VizMantis
    Options
    I'd go ahead and champ him.  Would you rather than the 5K ISO, or a Latest Legends token and the other four bonus rewards?
    I think the question is more, would I rather 350k ISO (the amount I save by not champing him) or a champed Dino, a LL token, and some other misc rewards. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I said the hell with it and champed him. He's not terribly useful, true, but I always end up getting 10+ covers for him during the anniversary so I figured it'll be a nice source of bonus rewards next time.
  • Zyrook
    Zyrook Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I say champ him. Yeah you're only going to get covers for him once a year, but when you do it rains the covers. And with 50+ 4*s these days, you end up averaging that many for a year for non-fav'd chars. Are you going to use him outside of the anniversary? Probably not. That giant HP pool is nice to have when you do though, and in his one event a year you have a huge advantage.

Though the big question is how many 4*s do you have champed? If you've got most of the good ones done my advice stands. If this is, like one of your first 10 I'd say sell 'em.
  • VizMantis
    Options
    I'm well into 4* land with 38 champs.  My biggest reluctance to champ Dino is that I'm well into a hoard.  When I pull it, I'll likely need tons of ISO to champ the latest 4*s.  
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I decided against champing Devil Dino because I am hoarding as well. Have all other 4* champed excluding Lockjaw and Rogue and taking into consideration the Iso needs of my 3* farm I figured it a better choice. 

My basic thought process is that I would regret being unable to champ any other 4* who will theoretically see more use than Dino, especially with Nightcrawler and the Thor crew coming down the line. 

To help reduce the amount of Dino covers I would receive, I am stock piling Anniversary tokens. Currently have 103. I mistakenly used a ten pack to net a fan favorites token (didn't realize one would be attainable during Devil Dino Crash) and ended up getting one Dino cover with that pull as well as the desired Fan Favorite token. All in all I ended up selling 4 Dino covers. No big loss if I can manage to champ all 4* I get when I decide to pull my hoard.

Edit to add: I do plan to champ Devil Dino next year. But I say that every year so I guess we will see lol
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Champed this year my Dino. He's now most levelled 4* champ!
    I feel awesome!

Can't wait next year to add him a new 10levels.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dino has more PVP events and DDQ Crashes per year than most other 4* characters so there's that.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other than loosing the ISO cost of championing him you're not losing anything.  As said above the champ levels are better than the 5K ISO you'd get outright selling (1 LT, 4 CP, 2600 ISP, & 50 HP).  It would be more of no brainer if his PvP event wasn't over.  I found his PvP event to be the easiest I've ever done having him champed due to so many other not having him champed.  It's up to you, but for me I'm champing them all eventually so saving 5 covers is always a no brainer no matter how much of a turd the character might be.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ...and you never know when his abilities will be changed again and suddenly you'll wish you had that level 300 Dinosaur. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have 2 spare Dinos and I don't think I can justify spending 325k iso on him. Maybe next year