Heroes for Hire, does it offer one cover, or 3 covers (different char)?

Lucifier
Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
I was checking some new youtube videos about MPQ, and I saw that player have option in Heroes for Hire to buy 3 covers (each cover belong to a different char), I check my game I do not have this option (only 1 cover to buy), I asked some of our alliance members, some have it and some not.

I find it  strange, I checked the game, there is no update to do.
so is this feature like randomly added to random players, is it a bug? what is going on? do you have this feature or not?

I do buy from HfH so this feature will be useful for me.

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    From what I understand, this is a targeted (predatory?) sales technique. Usually those other covers you can buy are ones that will finish a character you have sitting at 5/5/2 or give you the first cover for a character you have at X/X/0. Currently I can buy the Devil Dino cover that (I think) everyone has, a yellow Professor X, which makes sense because I have a dupe Prof X at 5/5/0 lvl 100 to maintain winfinite capabilities for boss events, and inexplicably a red Elektra...that last one doesn't make a lot of sense to me, as I have her champed, 3/5/5, lvl 291. So maybe its part targeted, part RnG?
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Elektra is the next Crash. The first cover is the current crash, the second (if you have it) is a cover you need, and the third (if you have it) is the next Crash.

There's a thread discussing all the ins and outs somewhere in General Discussion, but the gist is: whether you get it or not is random, and varies from one crash to the next.

I've had the offer three times, I think, and bought it twice. I have a 2/5/5 Iceman now with three covers in my queue and really want the offer, but no such luck.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    When I have seen this, it is the one for the current Crash, the targeted one that I potentially need, and the third one is a preview for the next Crash.  This first 2 have counters saying how much longer they will be available, and the third has a counter to show when it will become available. 
    Sounds like you are seeing the red Electra because she will be the next Crash
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Granne, wait for it to flip. He’ll likely pop up during Elektra's crash.  I’m hoping that’s what happens with my Cyclops I have on the vine.
  • granne
    Yeah, I have my fingers crossed.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    See this thread: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/723200#Comment_723200

It seems that if you get an unusable cover and are close to champing it's giving you a special offer to make an HP buy to save the cover.  That also throws up a preview of the next crash character.

I currently have one of these for Winter Soldier (5/2/5 with red on vine), but I won't be partaking due to HP starved from anniversary and he's meh.
    Also got one for Iceman and I once got an offer for one when I got a 6th cover for a non-champed character with 13 covers.
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    thanks all.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I may be remembering this incorrectly, and am too lazy to look up the previous thread on this, but I'm pretty sure that the only time I see the "additional" HfH offer is when I have less than 3,600 HP. 
  • granne
    I've only ever seen it when I have more than 3600, so it's not that.