Kefnet's Last Word Bug - Does not work with 2 Monsters

Options
Tested and confirmed.  This card works if you have 0 or 1 card in hand but fizzles if you have 2 (and obviously 3).  Card says you should be able to steal if you have 2 or less...

Seems like an easy code fix.  

Thanks!!

Comments

• Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    .... ALSO separate issue ... it gives you the option to CHOOSE whether to steal or not... If you say NO it still plays (doesn't steal) and drains your mana.  What's the point of having it 'Choose' to steal or not AND THEN STILL Play the card when you say NO?  Why would I say NO other than to wait until the next turn... SMH...
  • Emanon2000
    Options
    First issue is HUGE... I can deal with the second issue by turning the card off now that I know its an issue.

Just PLEASE! PLEASE! correct the first issue!!!!
  • MISTERMOIST
    MISTERMOIST Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Paradoxical outcome does the same thing if you choose the not now option it still cast and does nothing I mentioned that months ago in this one and it was never commented on by Administration and is still bugged, so good luck
  • Emanon2000
    Options
    I can deal with the second issue as much as I hate it... That's been an issue with many cards like Cast Out.  Cast Out was fixed and is broken again... So I don't expect much for this part of the issue.

The fact that it doesn't play correctly when you only have 2 monsters is a SERIOUS flaw that should have a simple fix.

Basic programming would conclude that they just need to change the code to reflect 2 instead of 1 when it does the check for how many monsters you have.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Guys Kefnet do not say anything about cards on hand. Only creatures in play.
  • Emanon2000
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yes...  It says "If YOU control 2 or LESS creatures"   

It works if I CONTROL 0 or 1...   NOT if I have 2 (and obviously 3)

Oooops... I said Hand... instead of Control...   Card STILL DOESN'T WORK.... sheeesh..

• Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    +1 to witnessing this bug @Brigby. Definitely needs to be looked at and addressed. 
  • MDsupa
    MDsupa Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just got the card this weekend.  soo far I haven't found the pattern on when it would work.  one time I have NO creature on my side, the spell cast and didn't give me option to select the opponent 1 creature, just drain the mana.  in the Same game, the 2nd time I cast it, it give me the choice and allow me to take that SAME creature that was there the first time.  The 3rd time in the same game, it cast without giving me a choice to take the opponent new creature (just 1) and I still have the original creature I had stolen earlier.  in ALL times, the mana are drain.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had a problem similar to MDsupa, though I don't have this card myself. I stole it from Nicol Bolas using Cooperate (aftermath of Refuse) and couldn't steal his single creature when I had none. I also don't think my mana drained, so that was nice.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From what other people have said it actually seems to count the _total_ number of creatures in play, not yours. (But even with that extra information people couldn't nail down the _exact_ policy it was following, it's a _very_ weird bug.)
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm a bit late to this party but I also recently picked up this card and was hoping that it could replace "Lay Claim" in a Jace II build.
    Sadly, I too can confirm that it works "sometimes".
    I recall it working as it is written when the opponent has 1 critter in play and I have none.
    I have since swapped it back for "Lay Claim" but am willing to give it another try if, for nothing else, to corroborate some of the misbehaviors mentioned above.
  • Iworb
    Iworb Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    I have problems with this card too, so I'm just trying not to use it.
    There's similar cards in previous sets, but they're out of standart =(
  • Furordraco
    Furordraco Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i got this card about a month ago. i tried playing it for a while but it workes 1 time out of 17. Would love to put it instead of lay claim basically in every blue but i cant. Please fix this possibly really nice card, thank you
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    i got this card about a month ago. i tried playing it for a while but it workes 1 time out of 17. Would love to put it instead of lay claim basically in every blue but i cant. Please fix this possibly really nice card, thank you
    I believe it is fixed.