Peggy's quiet nerf?

Radioactive_Toy
Radioactive_Toy Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
So, did I miss something and Peggy's blue got a major nerf? Stun other enemies but the target and 1 countdown now rather than the 3 it was previously?

Comments

• Coulson_Lives
    Coulson_Lives Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    No change.  It's one countdown per active ally
  • Radioactive_Toy
    Radioactive_Toy Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Huh, I thought it was 3 regardless, I must have never noticed it.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    mexus said:
    If Peggy was nerfed, we couldn't possibly miss the reactions.

Why? Who cares about AP cost, when all you need is passives generating AP and special tiles and buffing said special tiles.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfury said:
    mexus said:

Why? Who cares about AP cost, when all you need is passives generating AP and special tiles and buffing said special tiles.
    Peggy is still queen of the 4-star hill. She's just not as shiny as she used to be.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Starfury said:
    mexus said:

He's not wrong...I've cleared the first two subs on Simulator with GamRocket (and Carnage when possible) and have not fired a single active ability. True story.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I LOVE Peggy. I adore Peggy. But a boosted GamRocket is insanely powerful. I'm even beating the SCL9 5* node with them.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hate that I don’t have Gamora Champed.

Enjoy your shinies...

jerks.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Hate that I don’t have Gamora Champed.

Enjoy your shinies...

jerks.
    Starlord works with Grocket. Even better on goon nodes. Add in c4rol and laugh maniacally as you tear muscles a new butt hole.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why is this a post every couple of months?  :D
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not nearly as over the moon with Peggy as most people are.  She was great at launch, but is falling in the meta in my opinion.  It's probably because PvP isn't my prime focus so here nerfing the opposing team's AP requirements isn't as spectacular for me.  I also generally find her kinda of boring to play.  Her red is meh, especially if you are focusing her passive.  He passive is pretty good, but also something it's real easily to passively not see the benefit for.  Her blue is pretty good, when the countdown tiles don't get matched away.  

I much prefer many of the newer characters: Blade, Carol, R&G, Vulture, and C&D all rank higher to me personally.  A lot of this is presonal preference / playstyle though.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    I'm not nearly as over the moon with Peggy as most people are.  She was great at launch, but is falling in the meta in my opinion.  It's probably because PvP isn't my prime focus so here nerfing the opposing team's AP requirements isn't as spectacular for me.  I also generally find her kinda of boring to play.  Her red is meh, especially if you are focusing her passive.  He passive is pretty good, but also something it's real easily to passively not see the benefit for.  Her blue is pretty good, when the countdown tiles don't get matched away.  

I much prefer many of the newer characters: Blade, Carol, R&G, Vulture, and C&D all rank higher to me personally.  A lot of this is presonal preference / playstyle though.

Peggy lost her throne as soon as Carol, Medusa, Blade (and others) came knocking on the door with their instant damage that doesn't require AP. 
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    broll said:

Sounds like you're using her blue wrong.  Use it right before killing off the weakest enemy, and the AI won't have a chance to make any moves before the CD's expire.  When she's boosted that means 3 turns of stunned opponents plus 50-60k damage.  

Her yellow and red are good, but her blue is what puts her at the top, at least for me.

Now with Sim showing off the new characters, where are the people asking for Rogue and Gambit nerfs? :)
  • broll
    Pants1000 Yeah I'm aware of that, but there are also times where the time it takes to build up her blue you're already down to 2 enemies.  With both high AP cost and matchable cooldown tiles required for all her damage her blue is bad when compared to any active passive, shielded cooldown active, or buff tiles.  That's my opinion at least.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    True, it can take a while to build up her blue.  I like to pair her with IM40 or Vulture to help feed blue.

I will also purposefully avoid killing off an enemy if I have her blue close.  Then when I get enough blue switch back to that character, fire blue, then kill them off.  I almost never fire her blue in a situation where they could get matched away.

I can see why some people prefer Carol, but I love my Peggy.
  • broll
    edited October 2017
    Pants1000 said:
    I can see why some people prefer Carol, but I love my Peggy.
    You do you man, not trying to tinykitty on anyone's preferences.  That's why I've been careful to state it's my opinion on the character.  I wish I liked playing with her more like I did when she first came out because love the idea of the character and that she's an MPQ original.  But I'm loving far more the new meta of brutal passive damage and lots of special tiles.  I always was a fan of these methods before the meta.  I was actually running Ant Man and Ock a lot because I loved filling the board up with specials even though the forum-mind rated them much lower than I did.  There's something to say about choice and it's good to hear there start to be more divide about who's the best and what playstyles work best, that only helps the game.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Peggy has been stealth nerfed by all the recent power creep, and more generally by the maturation of the 5* tier.  Her abilities are unchanged.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I made Peggy my Bonus Hero the other day because I think she'll pair well with 5* SL. However, when Grocket gets that 13th cover (and not in yellow anymore, RNG!!!) I'll put my BH there and possibly leave it until 370.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why is this a post every couple of months?  :D
    Because no one reads the ability descriptions. :)