Backup Plan scaling at SC9

Options
I don't know who decided the scaling for this segment, but it is incredibly brutal.  Throughout almost all of the "hard" nodes, if even 1 Eyebeam tile went off, it would wipe my entire team, and that's boosted championed 4*s we're talking about.  These really need to be toned down.  It's incredibly frustrating to lose because the first Eyebeam countdown spawned in the corner.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty sure SCL9 is intended for people with solid 5* Rosters. If Champed 4*s is the best you've got, you're out of your depth. I have the Shield Rank to qualify for it, but I don't play there because my Roster can only really handle SCL7-8, depending on the boost list.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This PVE is brutal even with champed Surfer.

Extremely long clear times, tons of damage.

In short, not fun.
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options

• moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I usually play SCL 8 because it's faster and the 5 essential is way easier as I only have one 5 champion (phoenix), but every now and then if I don't have the 5 star required hero at all, I'll play SCL 9 with a mostly 4 star powered roster and it is definitely doable, just slow.  The thugs with eyebeams (mindless ones?) are just really tough, and so this event is really rough.

It might be worth trying a team that doesn't have powered up 4's though.  If you have a good team to remove CD's and special tiles Like Teen Jean + Scarlet Witch + Doctor Strange (or something similar) they might be able to get the job done even if will be tedious.

There are other crazy combos too, like Vulture + Blade + Gambit.  Gambit generates red to make Blade's Bloodlust trigger and his purple can remove specials, and vulture makes green for Blade's AOE+Heal, and his blue can also remove specials, including CD's if it is triggered when he goes airborn.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'd like to point out that I've had no trouble with the other 2 subs for this event, so I don't think it's an SCL9 issue, I think it's a specific issue with balancing this sub, or more specifically, balancing those mobs from the Dr. Strange event.  Sub 1 and Sub 3 were a breeze.  Sub 2 was brutal, took all my heals and was absolutely no fun at all.  It wasn't even a "it's fun because it's a challenge!".  It was just brutal, unforgiving, and heavily OP from their end.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm not happy being kept out of SCL9 because of my tiny 4* roaster. So I tried SCL 9 anyway.

Well, std node are a bit more challenging, that's fine. Hard node, god yeah they are hard, but still can be done (health packs after fight...). That 5* required node is real hardcore, specially when your 5* is just dead meat 1 cover. I manage to clear it once to get sweet reward.
    I've made even a good score in Heart of Darkness and entered top 100 of Honor Among Thieve. Simulator, I've tried, I won't come back in SCL9, too hard.

My conclusion as a 4* roaster: If you are interested to get all progression rewards or placement rewards, go back on SCL8. If you are interested only on the 4* cover progression reward, SCL9 is better (more placement reward).

• Hotnfresh
    Hotnfresh Posts: 55 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Rarely do nodes present any real challenge. And I've always wanted there to be more challenging matches. Well, careful what you wish for! 

The last 5* node with the eye beam goons were too unforgiving. One goes off and it wipes your entire team. (Even with 450 Thanos/Hawkeye/Strange.) But it was doable.

But THIS one with Cage, IF, and Mockingbird is ludicrous. Managed to beat them a few times but only with lucky boards. Mockingbird hits for 60k for 9 red AP (with fortified 2 turn tiles... gl). Luke hitting for 45k, giving 1k protect tiles. IF hitting for 40k. I mean... come on. I hate to use this word but this is in fact--stupid.

I enjoy a challenge but there has to be some middle ground. The only thing overtuned nodes makes me want to do is stop playing out of frustration... and out of hpacks!