Line destroying Countdown-title

Options
Wodny33
Wodny33 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
Why are this titles on pvp for the opponent? (captain Marvel yellow) makes no sence for me. 
why this titles anyway available on 3 on 3 pvp? 

Comments

• catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Finally somebody notices these annoying things. I look everywhere and nobody but you brings this up. Its such a huge advantage for anybody that can use timer expires to their advantage. I want to know why they exist and why they were not stickyed for anybody to read on why they are in the game. If I have a special tile on the board and one these timers goes off there goes my special tile because of a random tile drop in the game for no reason??
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Finally somebody notices these annoying things. I look everywhere and nobody but you brings this up. Its such a huge advantage for anybody that can use timer expires to their advantage. I want to know why they exist and why they were not stickyed for anybody to read on why they are in the game. If I have a special tile on the board and one these timers goes off there goes my special tile because of a random tile drop in the game for no reason??
    That's not new to hazard CD tiles. Your special tile could have been destroyed in any number of ways, and hazard tiles are just as likely to destroy the enemy special tiles as well. The OPs point is that, in PVP, because they're treated as CD tiles, they give an extra advantage to enemy (player) teams who have passive effects that trigger when CD tiles expire, because they get these extra CDs for free.

I agree, Hazard tiles should not be "owned" by the enemy team.
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    That's not new to hazard CD tiles. Your special tile could have been destroyed in any number of ways, and hazard tiles are just as likely to destroy the enemy special tiles as well.
    Which is why I dont see the purpose of it being in the game, it just gives the enemy a cheap way of shuffling the board at no cost to them. If they don't have a way of destroying it the first place why do they get a FREE way of destroying and tiles. I seen it with my own eyes the AI getting a back to back 6 match (in a PVP match) with these hazard tile that wouldn't have happen without it. Still want a explanation as its purpose in the game.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They were originally added in the GotG PvE events as a way to add challenge/interest to the endless barrage of Mindless Ones and Symbiote nodes.
    They were then added to this Danger Room PvP event, again as a way to add complexity to the event. That whole 'puzzle' part of MPQ.

They do not cause you damage when they go off, but cascades caused by them do count as damage for the enemy team, and they are treated as countdowns for the enemy team for their abilities.

I like the added layer of game play these bring, but they currently provide advantages to the enemy team that does not seem logical. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They were originally added in the GotG PvE events as a way to add challenge/interest to the endless barrage of Mindless Ones and Symbiote nodes.
    They were then added to this Danger Room PvP event, again as a way to add complexity to the event. That whole 'puzzle' part of MPQ.

They do not cause you damage when they go off, but cascades caused by them do count as damage for the enemy team, and they are treated as countdowns for the enemy team for their abilities.

I like the added layer of game play these bring, but they currently provide advantages to the enemy team that does not seem logical. 
    Enemy team also gets AP from any resulting cascades. It really needs to be coded in such a way that neither side benefits from the CD expiring or any subsequent cascades. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, they were perfectly reasonable when they were in missions with almost only goons. But when there can be anybody on the other side of them, some of those combos get really vicious.