3* Land now!

Options
2»

Comments

• jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
       Personally, I would take out St3rm (after her node in this PVE is over) and Bulls3ye before I would take out Blade.  I don't have much experience with St3rm and personally I really love using Bulls3ye, especially in wave nodes, but if conditions are right with Blade, he can tear through a team pretty quickly; especially with yellow matches from Falcon on his strike tiles.  Probably even more of an unpopular opinion would be to actually get rid of C4clops.  It's going to be many months before he will be even somewhat useful since his essential node in PVE has passed, but I'd do the first two before him.

As far as teams; I would use Strange, Blade, and Falcon for your goon/maggia/ninja nodes (2 or more).  Then I'd rotate between Storm/Magneto/Hawkeye and Ares/Daken/Moonstone and possibly Black Widow/Captain Marvel and Wolverine.  Unfortunately, none of your 3*, except for maybe Deadpool's red and Quicksilver are going to be much help at this time (and I really have very little experience with Quicksilver but it seems like he might be good to use when fighting against Daken because he always likes to spam blue matches, which could lead you to some good team damage).

For what's it's worth my top most useful teams in 3* land are
    1)  Iron Man 40/Strange/ with either Rocket and Groot, Steve Rogers or Kamala Khan
    2)  Scarlet Witch, Iron Fist and Luke Cage

I'm sure there are some other good team combos but for me both of these teams(configurations) are really solid.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Addaran said:
    Thanks for the suggestion! TI'll keep it in mind.

Already read most of those guides. What's confusing is that they all seem to contradict each others on some heroes. Also, i need you kinda need to think of the combos. Just tried boosted Falcon with my 2* Daken and it's great. Was maybe thinking of getting rid of Blade cause he's not that good ( with only 2 covers) but then i see he's pretty good, especially with Falcon.

Thanks to the new PVP system, i'm getting more HP at least ( could never reach it before)
    Some of the contradiction is from things being out of date, either missing reworks, or (most notably with Agent Venom) not having used them Champed and able to swap builds. Other parts of it are due to different people having different synergies available. And some of it is honestly just a matter of opinion/taste.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jtsings said:
       Personally, I would take out St3rm (after her node in this PVE is over) and Bulls3ye before I would take out Blade.  I don't have much experience with St3rm and personally I really love using Bulls3ye, especially in wave nodes, but if conditions are right with Blade, he can tear through a team pretty quickly; especially with yellow matches from Falcon on his strike tiles.  Probably even more of an unpopular opinion would be to actually get rid of C4clops.  It's going to be many months before he will be even somewhat useful since his essential node in PVE has passed, but I'd do the first two before him.

As far as teams; I would use Strange, Blade, and Falcon for your goon/maggia/ninja nodes (2 or more).  Then I'd rotate between Storm/Magneto/Hawkeye and Ares/Daken/Moonstone and possibly Black Widow/Captain Marvel and Wolverine.  Unfortunately, none of your 3*, except for maybe Deadpool's red and Quicksilver are going to be much help at this time (and I really have very little experience with Quicksilver but it seems like he might be good to use when fighting against Daken because he always likes to spam blue matches, which could lead you to some good team damage).

For what's it's worth my top most useful teams in 3* land are
    1)  Iron Man 40/Strange/ with either Rocket and Groot, Steve Rogers or Kamala Khan
    2)  Scarlet Witch, Iron Fist and Luke Cage

I'm sure there are some other good team combos but for me both of these teams(configurations) are really solid.
    St3rm black can be very useful against high health opponents as it chips away at them round after round but she is definitely not top tier and her tiles clog the board. Her green is pretty useful also for AP generation.
  • Addaran
    Addaran Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah, took out Bulleyes. Will probably get rid of Storm too, if i need to. Was a bit reluctant cause i have already two covers and i could get two more with PVE.

I "wasted" one G4mora cover to get more points this event. Not really ready to have more 4* anyway.

Got a bunch of HP from the delivery and some champs, so i shouldn't have problems keeping Magneto and R&G. At worst, i'll get rid of Storm.
  • Addaran
    edited November 2017
    Options
    https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Addaran/
    It's updated!
    Only got 20h left before deciding on something, since i won't be able to get enough HP for a new slot.

Need to remove a character! I'm thinking between between 3* R&G and 2*HT. There's also Luke Cage with only one cover but i think he's better then both of the others?

So...i'm not sure what's more valuable,  one 3* cover or eight 2* cover.

edit: Forgot to say, it's because i got two Mockingbird covers and one is about to expire. I love her so i want to keep her. o_o

edit2: Never mind! Got surprise HP from placement and apparently, i don't know when the shield resupply reset. Managed to recruit her without deleting!
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So...i'm not sure what's more valuable,  one 3* cover or eight 2* cover.
       I'm glad you were able to keep everyone but for future reference imo your much better off keeping all your 2*s (except for Bag Man).  Since the new roster level experience change, you're going to get much more level experience (more frequent rank up ISO), in the long run, for a 2*.  You'll find its very beneficial in the long run also to keep your 2* farm going all the time because they'll give you lots of rewards that will help you transition into getting more roster space and guaranteed 3*s.  I personally have started my third rotation of 2* champ, sell at max champ level, and rebuild and they have really benefitted my game overall.  A 4* with just a few covers really isn't going to offer much help unless it's a required character in PVE or DDQ.  But this is definitely a game about Marvel characters and though Mockingbird may not be that helpful right now, feel free to keep her and maybe set her as your bonus 4* hero so you can get more covers for her down the road.
  • Addaran
    Options
    Mockingbird and 4clops are my bonus heroes. =)  In 2,5 weeks, it should be Mockingbird's Crash of Titan, first i'd be able to try!

New dillemma!  Got a strange cover about to expire. (and DDQ in a few days for one more) I guess i should champ him (already covered, got the ISO). Will it mess my MMR and give me lots of champed 3* though? The three next 3* are only at 9 covers.

Should i get get 3* champed or wait? Quicksilver also got a cover i can't use on the vine. I'm thinking of maybe using CP to finish him. (should be 3- covers).

PS Thanks everyone who answered all my questions, it's helping a lot. :smile:
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    A champed Dr. Strange is a beautiful thing and will clear goons in PvE. I would personally champ him, it will not affect your MMR too much but PvP is not Strange speciality as he is squishy compared to other 3* and his yellow makes him a target to take out fast, so he may not help too much on defence - his blue stun can win matches though. With regard to PvP, my view is that this starts to take off once you start champing 3* but you'll want to look at trying to get some characters up to compliment Strange's colour set. Some strong green and red users will help.

I personally would not use CP on Quicksilver. He is not bad but he is middle tier with average damage and that CP might be better used elsewhere at some point.

4clops will frustrate at low levels as his powers don't really come alive until they have multiple covers. However if you are lucky enough to get a Mockingbird red then she can deal some nice damage. A word to the wise - Crash can be brutal so don't get your hopes up but good luck!
  • Addaran
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yeah, just at lvl 116, Dr Strange is already my MVP in PvE, and pretty good at attacking in PVP. I wanted to keep him at the same level as my other highest cause i was scared of MMR.

During MEHulk event, i found Quicksilver to synergise really well with Dr Strange and MEHulk (wich i don't have) A bit of work to get his aoe, but it's pretty strong. By the time i have enough green and black to make sure it goes off, one enemy will probably die from it and i have enough blue to use Strange's stun.

My 4* are mostly there so i don't waste BH and to keep the few good one i got (sold a bunch of weaker 4*). 4clops served me well, even with only 2 covers, i won the first Behemoth Burrito i was able to try. Not idea about Crash, maybe Mockingbird will have 3-4 covers by then. I'll at least know what it looks like.
    Her purple is pretty nice for the easy waves mission. I pair her with Thanos, and on the 2nd+ waves, i'll usually have enough stacked in my strong color to kill goons even quicker!
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Well done on Behemoth Burrito, that can be tricky if you don't have a good 3*. I've always felt that DDQ was a good measure of how you are progressing in the game.

Crash of the Titans will be an altogether different experience though. As my 4* roster has grown, it has become my favourite part of the game but it is a harsh step up in difficulty, especially against characters who can basically one-shot you if they get a certain power off.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I second that, Crash of Titans is my favourite part of the game too now that my 4*s are reaching a point where they actually have a chance

28 of my 4*s have won a Crash, and I have another 8 that I'm pretty confident they will win their next go-around