R137 Release Notes (10/10/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R137 update:

MPQ 137!
Celebrate the 4 Year Anniversary of MPQ starting on October 5th!
Special Anniversary Events with Double Iso-8, Anniversary Tokens, and other rewards!

What's Changed: 
  • Powers that target up to a number of special tiles will always target the maximum amount of tiles. 
    • For example, Drax (The Destroyer)'s power The Destroyer, at power level 5, will destroy 4 enemy special tiles, if 4 enemy special tiles are on the board.

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe Double ISO.  Will the LRs next week be double iso?  
  • dmeleedy
    dmeleedy Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Every new release I keep hoping that the sound bugs will be fixed.... Seems like when I download a new version the sound works for a little while and then stops working after the game has been in use for a bit.
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    does this mean Medusa is fixed?

and Daken?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    What's Changed: 
    • Powers that target up to a number of special tiles will always target the maximum amount of tiles. 
      • For example, Drax (The Destroyer)'s power The Destroyer, at power level 5, will destroy 4 enemy special tiles, if 4 enemy special tiles are on the board.
    Thank goodness for that.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Might the post also have stated "This one has Nightcrawler in it!" Unless he's for some reason delayed?
  • MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Will Rogue and Gambit become available in token pools with this patch?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I expect we have to wait for season update news for that, but we can cross our fingers.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    I expect we have to wait for season update news for that, but we can cross our fingers.
    I'm also hoping we have some character reworks coming with the new season after the anniversary. I guess we'd hear Friday or Monday?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    What's Changed: 
    Thank goodness for that.

Was this actually broken?!?  It can't target 4 tiles if there aren't 4 tiles on the board, hence the use of "up to", at least that's how I've been interpreting it.  Don't tell me it's always been like broadband speed claims.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    This fix probably applies to Gambit's purple too.  I use Drax for daily deadpool but never noticed this was an issue.  
  • buddhabear
    buddhabear Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    dmeleedy said:
    Every new release I keep hoping that the sound bugs will be fixed.... Seems like when I download a new version the sound works for a little while and then stops working after the game has been in use for a bit.
    Same here. I’m on iOS. The devs are aware, so hopefully it’ll be addressed soon. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Brigby said:
    What's Changed: 
    Thank goodness for that.

Was this actually broken?!?  It can't target 4 tiles if there aren't 4 tiles on the board, hence the use of "up to", at least that's how I've been interpreting it.  Don't tell me it's always been like broadband speed claims.
    I know when Strange first released I definitely had instances where his blue didn't clear the maximum amount and even asked what determines if the 'up to' is all or not.  If this is really that same bug and has been going on since then and isn't a re-emergence then it's been in game over a year 0.0

I only remember noticing that once, it's possible it's a somewhat rare bug.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    My original post was somewhat ironic.

However, it's possible that Drax was selecting the 4 special tiles independently, allowing for the possibility that a single tile would be chosen more than once, resulting in fewer than the maximum possible number of special tiles being destroyed.