Nightcrawler

MissoesRicRose
MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
Anyone know when Nightcrawler will be added?

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Probably this Thursday, after anniversary is over and the new season begins.
  • IceyOne
    IceyOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Hopefully soon. I started playing in March and I've been waiting for Gambit and Nightcrawler!
  • IceyOne
    D4Ni13 said:
    IceyOne said:
    Hopefully soon. I started playing in March and I've been waiting for Gambit and Nightcrawler!
    We've been waiting for them for 3 years now :smiley:
    I wait for Gambit in every game. I'm getting really addicted to this game but I'm glad I didnt start plaing until recently. Waiting 3 years for Gambit would be tough.  If only Future Fight would get on board now. 
  • D4Ni13
    IceyOne said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    IceyOne said:
    I wait for Gambit in every game. I'm getting really addicted to this game but I'm glad I didnt start plaing until recently. Waiting 3 years for Gambit would be tough.  If only Future Fight would get on board now. 
    I thought he already is in Future Fight
  • IceyOne
    D4Ni13 said:
    IceyOne said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    IceyOne said:
    They added him to Contest of Champions a few months ago. Future Fight just started adding mutants back in June. So far Wolvy, Jean, Mags, Cyke, Beast, Rogue and Storm are in the game. No Gambit yet. :neutral:
  • D4Ni13
    edited October 2017
    IceyOne said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    IceyOne said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    IceyOne said:
    They added him to Contest of Champions a few months ago. Future Fight just started adding mutants back in June. So far Wolvy, Jean, Mags, Cyke, Beast, Rogue and Storm are in the game. No Gambit yet. :neutral:
    Ah, I've seen some guy reviewing Rogue & Gambit on youtube, and I remember to be Future Fight, but maybe it was Contest of Champions.

For me, MPQ is the only game :)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @MissoesRicRose
    You might like this article ;)MPQ at Marvel.com: Nightcrawler

• Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    DOES NIGHTCRAWLER GO AIRBORNE DURING YOUR OWN COURT DEATH?
    Asking for a friend. 
  • D4Ni13
    OJSP said:
    Wobby said:
    DOES NIGHTCRAWLER GO AIRBORNE DURING YOUR OWN COURT DEATH?
    Asking for a friend. 
    It's unlikely, just like Hulk or Rulk don't trigger their passives when they got hit by our own Thanos' Court Death. We'll soon confirm this when people start using him
    I would say no because Courth Death first stuns the target & only then deals the damage. So if Nightcrawler is stunned he probably won't go airborne. 
  • D4Ni13
    edited October 2017
    Just played Nightcrawler in the loaner node of SHIELD Training, and my first impressions are the following: 

BAMF! is extremely strong, and quite OP if the most present color on the board is purple. It doesn't say which color is the most present on the board in the ability description, and I think it should. But once you have purple as the most present color on the board, you are creating winfinite, because you colect more purple and add purple to the board until you kill you enemies with tile match damage. Paired with 5* would generate a lot of crazy damage with BAMF! 

En garde! doesn't work that well with Rogue (or at least not all the time), because if you Power Siphon his red you can involuntary come in the situation you will consume the red for power siphon damage instead of en garde!

The loaner red requires 10 AP in strong color, which I guess it's a decent condition (not sure if this is for max covers or only 4 covers -  the loaner seems to be a 5-5-3 version of Nightcrawler at level 86). And overall it's a good power.

Everywhere at once is single target and seems very weak. I still don't understand the cost. The loaner version does 92 damage per AP and steal 2 enemy AP. Granted a level 270 Nightcrawler would do a lot more damage, but still, this is very very expensive for what it does. 

Edit: Played another match in loaner node. Nightcrawler was 3306 health and was all alone against 5k Flaptain & 5k Quake, with 5-6 enemy protection tiles on the board that prevented me from doing damage. BAMF with purple most present on the board, made the winfinite and eventually I got rid of the protect tiles by 4-matches or 5-matches, I also collected enough red to deal some more damage, and enough purple to activate BAMF again & again until I killed both enemies (and all this in one single turn). So yeah, BAMF with purple on board is OP! 

• Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    I was thinking about other similar skills as Nightcrawler's BAMF passive.

Group A [passive, status trigger]

Panther does strike back when stunned by own team.
    Vulture does generate AP when sent airborne by a teammate.
    Doc Ock's tentacles do make matches when he is stunned by a teammate.
    Phoenix does resurrect when killed by own team.

Group B [active, damage trigger]

Elektra's shadow step does avoid damage from own team (if not stunned).
    Colossus does not reduce damage from own team.

Group C [passive, damage trigger]

Hulk/Rulk do not get angry from own team damage.
    2* Storm's raging tempest does not activate on own team damage.
    4* Deadpool does not retaliate against own team damage.
    Rogue does not reduce damage from own team (is this true?).

(The following are hypothetical since they don't proc on AOE damage anyway, and only Konran can do single target friendly damage.)
    Thing does not make protect tiles over friendly damage.
    3* Deadpool does not protect against friendly damage.
    Panther does not reduce or get stunned by friendly damage.

Nightcrawler seems to belong in Group C, since his skill is passive and procs on damage rather than status change. So he probably does not go airborne from friendly damage.

Phoenix is kind of a grey area ( :p ), since death can be viewed as a either status change or damage.

[edit: moved Phoenix from Group C to A]
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    mexus said:
    So he CAN NOT take team damage as he goes "airborne instead"?
    Instead of what? Taking damage? Then OK that's good poop.

5 internet bucks on them making Nightcrawler the new DDQ Crash opponent for Teen Jean :lol:
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfury said:
    mexus said:

5 internet bucks on them making Nightcrawler the new DDQ Crash opponent for Teen Jean :lol:
    That wouldn't be the worst matchup, actually. Set Jean to 5/5/3 or 3/5/5, hope Kurt activates Psychic Feedback from BAMF's cascades, and use either of Jean's AoEs when he's stunned
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Starfury said:
    mexus said:

That wouldn't be the worst matchup, actually. Set Jean to 5/5/3 or 3/5/5, hope Kurt activates Psychic Feedback from BAMF's cascades, and use either of Jean's AoEs when he's stunned

Ah you're right. She stuns, then does damage. I thought it was the other way around.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfury said:
    mexus said:

My guess is he meant the other way around.  Jean seems like she'd be Kryptonite (wait that's DC, oh well) to Nightcrawler.