How many 5*s can I roster without ruining PVP?

Options
General_Tojo
General_Tojo Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
So I've got 180 CP that's burning a hole in my pocket and was wondering if by some miracle I pull a few 5*s, will my PVP opponents skyrocket to unwinnable levels?

I've champed all 2*s (except Cap A), haven't champed any 3*s with most at around the 5-7 cover mark. I also have some 4*s with nearly all on 1 cover, so I'd like to make them a bit more useful :)

Thanks!

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/General-Tojo/

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With 180 CP you're likely to pull one 5-star. You might get 2-3 if lady luck is with you. It shouldn't affect you too much. At the worst, you'll start seeing other players with under-covered & under-leveled 5-stars in PvP.

A better question is, why are you looking to pull 4-star and 5-star tokens when you don't have any champed threes yet?
  • General_Tojo
    Options
    I feel like I need to improve my 4*s that are sitting around not really helping. If I pick up a few covers they might be useful...is this the wrong thinking?
  • General_Tojo
    Options
    Haha, seriously thank you so much for understanding :) As a newbie, I want to see the 5*s haha! Seems like I've got a while to get to the 'I can pull 5*s now' stage, thanks for nipping my silly thought of pulling now in the bud!
  • General_Tojo
    Options
    Any hints getting 3* covers other than DDQ? Thanks again!
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    First, I'll just add to everybody else. The time to use CP is when you have enough 3* champs that you always have at least a couple of boosted champs. At that point, you'll want to start building your 4* anyway. 

Places to get 3* characters:
    2* champ rewards, which is one reason many people recommend farming 2* characters.
    Random token rewards (Elites, Heroic and Event tokens drop them fairly commonly)
    PVE progression. Once you have a reasonable number of 2* champs, you should be able to play at an SCL that gives 1 or more of these. PVE placement drops these too.
    PVP: This is harder, since the score required for 3* is actually stupidly high; if you need them you won't score, if you can score there, you don't need them. Shield Sim is easier, but still might pose a problem for a low-tiered roster.
    CP: People generally say not to spend CP on a 3*, but if you can buy the last cover to be able to champ a really good one like Thanos, Strange, IM40 or Kamala then I wouldn't look back. There may be 10 characters in this boat (I would quibble @BlackBoltRocks list, but it's not a bad one). Don't do this unless you have the ISO saved to champ them.
    DDQ: As you said; if you can win TBE you can get one each day, you'll also occasionally draw them from Deadpool tokens.

The point is, once you have a good enough 2* roster, you'll start getting a reasonable number of 3*, once you're in the 3* transition you'll get more. 

Hope that helps.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unfortunately, 3* covers are in kind of an awkward place. 2* show up all over the place in Elite and Heroic Token, 4* are easy in Legendary. But there's no real reliable way to get 3* other than DDQ, Story Event Progression (at least once you hit a certain SCL. Not sure where the cutoff is), and 2* Champion rewards, and there's no guarantee that those are going to be the ones you need any time soon.

I did get a big boost in my 3* once I joined an Alliance. The Alliance rewards, even for fairly casual Alliaces, do end up providing quite a few extra Tokens over time, and those will turn into a greater number of 3* pulls, but it's definitely a gradual thing.
  • General_Tojo
    Options
    Ok great, thanks for the help guys!