No Rewards for Late Joiner in Apocalypse?

notamutant
notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
My alliance finished all 8 rounds of Apocalypse about as quickly as possible, with 19 players. I was the 20th player, but couldn't join until halfway through the event. I figured that as soon as I joined, I would get all the missing rewards and have just enough time to get max progression. I joined as number 20, meaning no one else had taken my spot, but I received no alliance rewards. I am not sure why I shouldn't receive the alliance rewards. I was a member of the alliance. I started the event late, but will still have as many points as others by the end. It doesn't seem very fair that because my alliance beat Apocalypse before I joined, that I can't get rewards. I would've just joined a random alliance had I known this would happen. Is this intended? @Brigby

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have you actually earned any points yet? I've seen this happen before, and once the player actually completed a match and earned some points it processed and gave them the alliance rewards their alliance had earned. (if that doesn't help, I don't know what to recommend beyond that, but I would hope it does sort things out for you)
  • notamutant
    Yes, I already earned just under 500k points. I heard other people mentioning this problem on Line from past events.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Might be an issue for CS if you've done missions but didn't get any alliance rewards. Definitely don't envy you playing this late into the boss event though.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    @notamutant

When Sinister Six was released, my alliance completed round 8 with 19 players. At the time I was retired (again), but they told me to just log in to grab the free rewards. I redownloaded the game, joined the event but I didn't get any rewards. Disappointed I deleted the game. When I redownloaded it 2mos later, I opened the game to all the Sinister Six rewards! Therefore, I believe the event has to finish before you get the rewards.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Have you actually earned any points yet? I've seen this happen before, and once the player actually completed a match and earned some points it processed and gave them the alliance rewards their alliance had earned. (if that doesn't help, I don't know what to recommend beyond that, but I would hope it does sort things out for you)
    I came back from holiday right at the end of the Sinister 6 boss event, I joined assuming I could maybe help my guys out to finish round 8...little realising they'd already done it.

So I did the boss a couple of times to get a feel for it and a little progression stuff then suddenly got all of the rewards, which I wasn't expecting.

So yeah, the game's super generous that way.
  • notamutant
    Got my rewards after the event ended. Pretty strange glitch... good thing I was able to get a Gambit cover so early in the PvE opening grind, or I would've been screwed.