PSA: Devil Dino can be leveled normally

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
Those who have been around a while, and are looking to level/champ him during Anniversary season, will probably wonder about Devil Dino's leveling costs.

Once upon a time, when you held down a button to level characters (where iso drained vs just pushing the button for a 1 level increase), it was cheaper to level Dino that way.  I believe it was some kind of bug.

Anyway, under our new "improved" (faster) leveling system, it won't matter if you choose to level him up one level at a time, or just go for the max level all at once.  The costs are the same as any other 4* character (I have Dino and Spider-Gwen currently at the same level, and both are the same).  Assuming you have the iso, of course - and the desire to level him.

Now the only question is:  Can Devil Dino eat a raccoon in one bite?  ("I'm not a raccoon!")

RAWRRRR!  

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it was intentional that Devil Dino reward 10% of the ISO cost per level. It would be a weird bug otherwise since she was the only character it affected.

Kinda sucks that's not a thing any more. I don't suppose they lowered her champ cost by 10%, huh?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is Devil Dino worth champing? Are the champ rewards better than other 4* characters because she's limited?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is Devil Dino worth champing? Are the champ rewards better than other 4* characters because she's limited?

No it's the same.  He does get his own PvP each year so he might be worth champing for that.  But no, he's not worth champing except for the lulz.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champ rewards are the same as any other 4*.  There's many, many more useful 4* characters to champ, but on the other hand, none of them are dinosaurs, so your opinion may vary on champing.  At the time I champed Dino, none of my other 4*'s had 13 covers so it was an easy choice making Dino my first 4* champ

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    Champ rewards are the same as any other 4*.  There's many, many more useful 4* characters to champ, but on the other hand, none of them are dinosaurs, so your opinion may vary on champing.  At the time I champed Dino, none of my other 4*'s had 13 covers so it was an easy choice making Dino my first 4* champ

He needs another buff.  XFW laughs at the paltry damage poor Dino does.  In fact, you could double Dino's damage and he still wouldn't be top tier.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you sure there's no difference any more? It certainly looks like the "level up all the way" button is showing the regular character iso cost, but the "single level" button shows a lower than normal cost the first time I use it, then a very high cost until I restart the game.

It certainly looks like I can level him cheaper still, but it's going to be one game restart per level, which will be a pain for 100+ levels ...
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Orion said:

No it's the same.  He does get his own PvP each year so he might be worth champing for that.  But no, he's not worth champing except for the lulz.
    Yes but the lulz are so good.
  • bluewolf
    jamesh said:
    Are you sure there's no difference any more? It certainly looks like the "level up all the way" button is showing the regular character iso cost, but the "single level" button shows a lower than normal cost the first time I use it, then a very high cost until I restart the game.

It certainly looks like I can level him cheaper still, but it's going to be one game restart per level, which will be a pain for 100+ levels ...
    I'm not sure what level your Dino is, but mine is 213 right now. Restarting has no effect on level cost. I even manually double checked iso usage for a single level up for display vs actual cost. It was just as advertised.
  • jamesh
    bluewolf said:
    jamesh said:

I'm not sure what level your Dino is, but mine is 213 right now. Restarting has no effect on level cost. I even manually double checked iso usage for a single level up for display vs actual cost. It was just as advertised.
    So at the moment, my DD is at level 152, and it shows the following:

Level 153: 961, Level 270: 330,727

I increase by one level, and it shows:

Level 154: 8110, Level 270: 329,776

I restart the game, and it shows:

Level 154: 961, Level 270: 329,766

I increase by another level, and it shows:

Level 155: 8213, Level 270: 328,805

Restart again, and it shows:

Level 155: 966, Level 270: 328,805

It looks like the higher single level costs are increasing in line with the discounts I'm getting for the single level costs, so I'd be best off to continue doing single level then restart.
  • jamesh
    So I did the one-level-at-a-time with restart trick to bring my DD up 50 levels to 202.  Now here are the numbers before and after a restart:

Level 203: 21,606, Level 270: 254,675
        Level 203: 2538, Level 270: 254,675

So it looks like I've saved about 12k iso over those 50 levels, or about 15% of the levelling cost.  As the cost to level up increases, so do the savings.  So it is probably worth continuing.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I don't quite understand this topic. My DD was level 200, and I just increased him to 225 at roughly 3000 ISO per level. It didn't change at all between presses of the button or reboots of the app.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks Orion and ZootSax! I got him to 13 covers last anniversary, sold three covers I got in the resupply recently, and am now sitting on another cover. But I have ten other 4* characters at 13 covers as well that have not been prioritized (Invisible Woman, FalCap, Nick Fury, Miles, Spider-Woman, etc.) so if he doesn't even have better rewards there's no reason to push him ahead of anyone. Looks like Mordo is up next, as I'm sitting on two of his covers.
  • jamesh
    Well, I've got my DD up to level 269 using the restart method, and this shows the cumulative difference:

Which button should I choose? :)

So it looks like I'll have saved 28.5k iso to level up to 270.  That corresponds to a discount of about 7.8% off the regular cost.  It's possible that I missed out on some savings from earlier levels, so your results might vary.  It's not a huge amount of iso, but enough to make a dent in the next character I level up.
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    @jamesh
    It would be interesting to tap the right button when you have 4k ISO and see if it takes you to 270 or to the purchase screen.
  • jamesh
    I went ahead and clicked the left button.  But earlier on, I had accidentally tried to level up when it was showing a high price and got asked to purchase more iso.  I am pretty sure it would charge me the higher price if I let it, which seems to be the experience others have seen.
  • bluewolf
    The weird thing is I tried restarting and never saw any difference. Maybe it's a bug in different versions. I use iOS.
  • Platzy
    Platzy Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Seeing no difference here on Android either.
    Wondering if that is a bug or intended, as I was planning to champ DD this anniversary season, but am holding back for now as I don't want to "waste" Iso... :-/
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:
    bluewolf said:
    jamesh said:

So at the moment, my DD is at level 152, and it shows the following:

Level 153: 961, Level 270: 330,727

I increase by one level, and it shows:

Level 154: 8110, Level 270: 329,776

I restart the game, and it shows:

Level 154: 961, Level 270: 329,766

I increase by another level, and it shows:

Level 155: 8213, Level 270: 328,805

Restart again, and it shows:

Level 155: 966, Level 270: 328,805

It looks like the higher single level costs are increasing in line with the discounts I'm getting for the single level costs, so I'd be best off to continue doing single level then restart.
    So I did this as well.  Noticed that when I got DD up to level 150 (which is the same level as I have Spider Gwen and Drax) and looked at the leveling cost.  The cost to level Spider Gwen and Drax to 270 were the same but for Devil Dino, the cost was about 6,000 ISO more.  Gonna do the 1 level at a time thing.  Will take a while but I have 11 days before the first cover expires.
  • Ir0nF1sh
    Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
    >:) This is most definitely a bug. Log in for first time, it says each level is 3,000. Hit the level up button once and it rockets to 26,000 per level. I wish they would stop breaking things. Also, Anybody sick of getting **** by all of these older 4 stars in the "latest" vaults.