Side missions no longer unlock with failure?

zodiac339
zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
our alliance finished round 8 against Apocalypse. I've been trying to get the side missions to unlock for resources by attacking and failing with small teams, but boss stays open and side missions are still locked. Has there been some intentional change to bosses, or is it a matter of getting zero points causing the game not to register that you've attacked the boss at all?

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, simple workaround to the system change. Made a match and retreated before my board settled. AI turn didn't start, Apocalypse didn't heal, I got a couple points from the retreat and the boss locked. Whatever.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apparently you have to retreat/lose while he's below full health. Then you get a few Points and it unlocks the side nodes again.

Bring someone with a super-cheap, damaging power, like Daken, or like Zodiac said, make a match and then retreat before his turn's effects start resolving.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or use rhulk, hulk or someone with abilities that deals damage at the beginning of your turn, like torch and blade