Worth coming back?

Tryke
Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
I quit MPQ around the time Cloak and Dagger came out, roughly 6 months ago.  It was due to several issues I had with the game, not one particular point.

I recently looked around and saw that rogue and gambit (2 of my fave xmen back in the day) were coming out and wanted to take a look.  So my main question is: have there been any significant changes to the game in the last 6 months that could get me excited to play again?

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fully dependent on what your roster looked like.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, they ended vaulting (about two months ago, I think?). Now the Latest 12 are available at increased odds and everyone else (Vintage heroes) has reduced odds. Drawing 5* characters remains the same, with the Latest and Classics stores. However, they retained the Bonus Heroes system, which is nice. 

They also just recently introduced CL9 (for PvE only so far) and added a 5* required character node to SCL 7, 8 and 9.

They've also tested twice but not implemented win-based progression for PvP. Just win 40 battles to get the 4* cover. Losing or defensive losses didn't impact your win count. There are still points you win and lose, but they solely determined placement and corresponding rewards. The CP at 1200 was moved to T10 or better placement. There's no indication if or when this change or something like it will be made permanent.

I think those are the major highlights. Yes, we just got Rogue, Gambit and an Apocalypse boss event. Nightcrawler should be coming next. No idea how long the mutant train will keep rolling after him though. 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Yes. It’s always worth coming back. Problems? Only from your perspective. Either you can get past it or not. Only way to find out: play again and quit again or play again and stay. Real simple. 
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    On the other hand, they also changed PvE progression to require 5 clears instead of 4, but added some extra cp and iso into it.

If you quit partially because the game asks for a large daily time commitment, it has gotten arguably worse in that regard.

But, on the other hand, SCL-based PvE scaling is a thing now, so 5s are ok to level up, and PvE enemies have a level cap. This makes PvE a bit quicker and helps a little to balance out that 5 clears thing. 
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Played for about a day and got bored again.  Made me realize just how much of a time commitment this thing was to get anywhere.  Looks like it's back to retirement, have fun y'all.