Apocalypse in game: make it happen Forum!

Beer40
Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
I have two additional ideas for Apocalypse.

1) Make him a playable character.

or 

2) Make him a Gorgon style character, so we could get more variety in PVE villains. 

While 1 is the most preferable, I would gladly take 2. What do you all think?

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

Just not the gawdawful MCU version. Let that rot alongside "Puff of Purple" Galactus!
    Do you mean the Fox version? He's not part of the MCU =)

But yeah, didn't like his look right from the start. Shame they couldn't have gotten someone like David Bautista to play him. They shoulda got someone stupidly buff to play him. Not the scrawny guy they actually got.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Nah, he's better as a boss. In order to make him balanced they'd have to greatly underpower him. They could always do Kid Apocalypse. And let's not forget his horsemen (namely Archangel.)

Edit: And yes, they did make Thanos playable, but at least one version doesn't have the gauntlet/stones? And the 5* version actually is overpowered. Is there a canonical way to reduce Apocalypse's power levels besides Kid Apocalypse?
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Nah, he's better as a boss. In order to make him balanced they'd have to greatly underpower him. They could always do Kid Apocalypse. And let's not forget his horsemen (namely Archangel.)

Edit: And yes, they did make Thanos playable, but at least one version doesn't have the gauntlet/stones? And the 5* version actually is overpowered. Is there a canonical way to reduce Apocalypse's power levels besides Kid Apocalypse?
    5 star Thanos isn't overpowered, he has 1 active power and all you had to do was deny green and purple.  At the beginning, I refused to get him because I was eating his lunch every match.  It wasn't until BP showed up that made Thanos great.  So its really Panthos that is overpowered, not Thanos.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait, that guy in the last X-Men movie was Apocalypse??? 
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I have not checked others bosses but when I looked at apocalypse during to match to see his strongest colours. He has a 5* cover shown there. Like I mentioned I'm not sure if this is standard for bosses but it made me think he will be a playable character in the future.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cartz said:
    I have not checked others bosses but when I looked at apocalypse during to match to see his strongest colours. He has a 5* cover shown there. Like I mentioned I'm not sure if this is standard for bosses but it made me think he will be a playable character in the future.
    It's standard for bosses. Check out Galactus. He's got a 5* cover too, for example.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm OK with very powerful characters only being in as bosses. I don't know much about Thanos but based on what I know of the character, having him be playable seems...wrong.
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    JHawkInc said:
    Cartz said:
    It's standard for bosses. Check out Galactus. He's got a 5* cover too, for example.
    Thank you for the clarification.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    They totally could make it similar to the boss version.. his red can stay the same, his black could be "if a friendly character dies, place a 2 turn CD that downs enemy" and yellow could be "heal X life each turn for each friendly attack tile on the board.. matches have a 10% chance of creating a attack tile"
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    No. Keep him as a boss. He's a great boss, wouldn't want to get bored with him.