A Question for Hoarders

JuanAV2141
JuanAV2141 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
Do you guys hoard EVERYTHING? Or do you guys spend event tokens as soon as you get it since the store isn't around for long?

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Event tokens will stay in your inventory even after the store goes away. You can open them whenever you want.

That said, I only hoard LTs and CP. Sometimes I'll hoard heroics, but only if I'm strapped for ISO and can't afford to get a cover I won't be able to apply.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    I typically hoard CP, LTs, Taco Tokens, and PvE event tokens (vaults not stores)

I dont hoard:
    STs, ETs, HTs, Store’s without vaults (PvP / New Releases), and tokens not likely to rotate like one off CP stores and the current Anniversary Vault. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Do you guys hoard EVERYTHING? Or do you guys spend event tokens as soon as you get it since the store isn't around for long?
    I can't speak for anyone but myself, but it really depends on where I'm at in the game. Currently the only goods I need are ISO and CP. My 2* farm is not in the shape I'd like it to be, and the likely waste I'd get on a 4* pull really cut down the need to open any tokens.

That being said, not opening any tokens gets boring after awhile. So I may open event tokens and hoard everything else until I get to a comfortable ISO deficit point.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I only hoard CP and Latest Legends. Event tokens helps build up my XP, ISO and HP with my champs.

When I am close to champing someone I start to hoard ISO too.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I throttle my hoarding. You need to get that sweet Pavlovian response at some point. I hoard savory tacos tokens, but spend sweet as they come in. I hoard my CmdPts, but generally spend LTs as they come in. I generally spend event tokens as the come. For while, unless I had a full covered character and 14th cover on the vine I was hoarding iso too. I kind of hoard HP only because there isn't a ton to spend it on.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I hoard LT and CP only and spend everything else. I have bad luck about getting 5 stars when I want 4 stars.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoarding? Lol. It's all instant gratification with me.

Which tends to bite me in the **** frequently.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I hoard HP, heroics, 10 packs, LT and CP.  When I'm burnt out or experience the MPQ ennui, I open a bunch of the heroics as a mood booster.   
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    LTs and CP. 
    Other things should only be hoarded in the phase where you still have missing characters and can't afford slots.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hoard CP and legendary tokens.

I make sure no-one needs ISO (like, none of my 2*s or duped 3*s) and then I open legendaries until I get a 14th cover for a 4*. Then I pour all of my ISO into them until they're champed. After that I go back to topping up my 2*s and 3*, hoarding CP and Legendaries and then repeat the whole thing.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    I hoard almost all tokens except for new character introduction event tokens, and sometimes even those when I run the risk of getting an unusable 4* cover. I still have quite a few intro event tokens from before vaults were introduced, but I'm starting to think some of those Heroic events will never be run again.

I mostly hoard because I abhor wasting covers. So when I don't need Iso to champ a 4* asap I just save up everything until needed. When I the need for Iso arises I can always open standards, I open Elites and Heroics when when a new 3* enters tokens to get that character champed. LTs and CP I use when I have no new 4* to champ and I feel like opening some tokens. Most vaults I would only consider opening tokens if there is at least one useable 4* cover, Tacos the same.

This week I went kinda overboard on CP openings, and now I have the Iso to champ only one 4* (before Anniv. double Iso) and 4 different covers in queue (Sandman, Vulture, 4* Fist and Kate Bishop) so that is less than ideal. Positive thing is that after this I am in a position where I don't need a lot of covers for a while so I can build up my resources a bit and take my time to see what is wisest moving forward.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    I only hoard if the characters currently on special aren't ones I like.  For example hoarding while Gamora, Ms Marvel and Rocket were still at 3X pull rate was crazy nuts IMO.  I want them as high as possible.  So I have to throw a card or two away, I will never get the 3X pull rate again.

Now that Blade, Riri, Medusa and all the premium types are starting to fall off the 3X boat I am starting to question if/when I should start hoarding to avoid pulling so many dog characters (literal and figurative).

Pulls do not happen in isolation if you save them till YOU are ready you have no guarantee what you will be getting is better.  Or you could wait another 6 months waiting for another good batch of characters.

Playing it safe has 2 sides.  There is no guarantee that all new characters will be even better than the old ones. (that is actually a terrible idea)