Primary color not strong color: Normal or Bug ?

D4Ni13
D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I just played a game against Apocalypse with the likes of Carol (champed unboosted), C&D (champed unboosted) & 3* Deadpool (champed & boosted). 

I was expecting the strong color to be red (Deadpool) or black (Carol), but instead, the strong color was purple (Deadpool's second ability). I checked the numbers and it seems that his purple tile damage was boosted to 102, so it was indeed the highest number, therefore the strongest color. 

But I didn't recall this happening in other situations. Is this normal ? I always thought the primary color is the highest number, both when boosted & unboosted. How is it possible to have only 1 color boosted that high and result in a different strong color than the primary one ? 

Did anyone seen this kind of stuff ? Should I report it ? 

Comments

• Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    The order of the abilities does not always coincide with the strongest colour (other examples: 3* Magneto -> blue, Daken -> black, 1* Venom -> green... there's more of them). The only way to be sure is to check the match damage.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Conspiracy theory: I'm sure Daken's strongest colour is set to black so that he'll gather AP for when he's paired with Venom or Moonstone in Dark Avengers PVEs. Remember that he didn't originally have his blue ability, so he was all passive and didn't actually need AP himself.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some of the older characters are like that.  I think it was an old design strategy,

I can't offhand think of any new characters where it's wacky like that.