Good lord this was a day...

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
I spent a chunk of CP on legendary tokens, the special ones, to hopefully get a Gambit cover. I eventually got one but not before getting five OMLs in a row, getting him to 13 covers.

Not to mention the second anniversary token I opened got my Ant Man to level 300. I also decided to open 100 taco tokens to get a Devil Dino cover (which I did), and maxed out Kamala Khan and 3* Blade in the process.

Maxed out some 2* characters, flipped them and had enough ISO with the taco token results and a level up to take Lockjaw from level 94 to 266 in one go. I'll probably get to champ him tomorrow with the double ISO going on, which would probably make him my fastest 4* champ ever from release.

Got to 918 points in Balance of Power tonight because I would need to use my lunch break to do a run on the awesome new boss fight tomorrow and ended up loving Riri Williams more than before (she's like Cyclops, only more awesomer).

Sure my Hero Point stock has taken a pounding with the dupe Blade and Kamala I've had to roster, as well as the two new Gambits, but on the whole this anniversary is off to a great start!

I love that D3 did a survey on which events and characters we liked best, because this boss has so far been excellent and I look forward to Simulator. Now if only the Rogue and Friends vault could give me that darn Rogue cover, things would be great! (seriously, I've pulled every 4* reward from that vault *except* Rogue)

How're y'all doin'?

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    I was worried about running dry on Hero Points, so I pulled one off my Taco hoards earlier this week. I ended up pulling both 4* covers, a useless Deadpool black (2/5/4), and purple Iceman, making him 4/5/3. I just need to get about 20 Mystique covers and I can champ him.

I've set DP as my sole 4* bonus hero. I plan to pull from the Mes Amis store until I get at least one cover for each 5* character (I don't have any covers for any of the characters), so maybe I'll get lucky with DP. I just wish I had paid attention to the odds when I looked in the store during lunch yesterday. Definitely would have pulled then. Oh well. 

I pulled a green Dino cover with one of my Anniversary tokens, then cracked another Taco hoard and got a red one. He's now 2/4/3, although the green token from the Sim still get him to 3/4/3. I'm hoping to get more from the Anniversary vault too, but not counting on more. Also hoping that with the last 12 Taco tokens I get from this cycle I'll pull the blue 4* Thor cover, which would be her first champ level for the LT. I also pulled two 3lektra covers, which finally let me champ her. 

Probably the best thing so far is getting the green Rogue cover from the Rogue and Friends vault, making her 1/2/2. I had to pull about half the vault, but thrilled to have her best power. 

Ooh, and also enjoying fighting Apocalypse so far. Looking forward to X-23 covers. She's at 5/1/5 for me right now, so if we get all three covers, I'll either spend 120 CP for that last red cover or hope for a Heroes for Hire offer. 

Actually... If she's the 4* required in the following PvE, it should be her red cover as the progression reward. O_o God, I hope I'm right about that. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the past few 5* releases, I never got a cover for any of them for the event.

My second pull gave me a 5* Gambit. I'm satisfied since I expected to be disappointed that I fell for it again.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today was an A+ day. Posted in another thread:

mega ghost said:
    Today has been a solid day! Crash of Titans Latest Legends token got me a Mockingbird cover. A taco token got me 10,000 ISO. Champed my Riri and added her first champ level, and the LT token got me an Iceman cover (also a champ level.) Got my 13th 3* Elektra cover. The daily resupply gave me my 13th War Machine cover. I said "Why not" and decided to pull one Mes Amis token and got 5* Gambit and a bonus hero 5* Hawkeye! Oh, and I reached S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 91! 

Update: Drunk on victory, I decided to take a second pull from the Mes Amis vault and got a 5* Old Man Logan!
    Update #2: Now drunk on victory and beer, I said "Aw HECK" and pulled a third Mes Amis token and got another 5* Old Man Logan. 3 for 3!

Also got some other 4* covers throughout the day, including from champ levels on 3* characters, but I'm drawing a blank on all of them. I know an LT got me a champ level for Medusa, and I got a Wasp from the Anniversary vault (also a champ level.)

• newton999
    newton999 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In

Yesterday, I emptied the Rémy Lebeau Vault. With the LT, I pulled my 10th Phénix Cover, 3/3/4. Helped by my alliance crew, i spent CP hoping to finish her.

After 400 CP, 7 5* pull, 1 Gambit, 3 OML and 3 Phénix. My first 5* covered ! 15 days before 5* land jump !

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,108 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Remy Lebau vault ended up trolling me. It had an Iceman green which I really wanted, so I tried pulling 10 at a time and of course after 3 pulls had completely failed to get it. So now I have to decide whether that cover is worth another 1800HP.

The Fans Favourite landed me a Panther black (puts him at 3/0/0), XFW green (champ level) and a Nick Fury yellow which as I got a purple to 13 cover him yesterday now means he wants to be champed! But X23 is hoping for a green and red cover also and she wants champing also! I guess there is double iso...

Maybe my Mes Ami token will be nice to me.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Nice to hear you're having a great time. That is what anniversary should be about :smiley:

My highlight for today is getting the green Rogue cover from the vault (1/2/2 now). I am very excited for her, and did all I could to get as many covers as possible. I also started a mini-hoard since she entered the game (planning to open when both her & Gambit would hit the packs). This ensures me 13 pulls from classics and 6 from latest at this moment, which is really great considering the short time I had for it. By the time the anniversary is over, it should be looking even better. 

I also champed X-Force Wolverine today spending 300k to level him, and already bounced 50k ISO back from today's fights. 

I'm #1 in my alliance against Apocalypse and I'm loving it. 

So things are going well here too :)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,108 Chairperson of the Boards
    50k iso a day! That gives me some hope for Nick (although do I actually wanna champ Fury?!?!??)
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    So-so for me.  I splurged on some sale purchases to beef up my hp in preparation for anniversary.  I bought the remy vault and half the anniversary.  The anniversary take was nice - I got all the hp prizes, which is like a 30% rebate.  My Devil Dino is now fully covered with one more in queue for a champ LT, which I'll hopefully get to sometime after anniversary but before expiration.  I don't hoard, so I'm just working with the cp I got from the last event plus champ rewards from all those purchased covers.  I've opened 5 Mes Ami tokens, no 5* from those.  I've also opened 1 Fav Favorite and I think 7 Latests - one Daredevil yellow.

I've got four Mockingbird covers, the first expiring in 5 days, so she's top priority for my Iso.  After that, depends on how generous the Anniversary really is.  Double Iso is nice, but considering there's only the boss PvE and one PvP ATM, I'm not exactly flush with it.  I've got covers for four more characters that I'll probably have to sell, but no big loss on those - 1 miles, 1 wasp, 2 sandman, and a kate.  I don't care much for the first three, and I've got a kate coming whenever I put another champ level on Hawkguy.

With boss rewards and the vault my 3* Gambit's at 6 covers.  Like Elektra and Starlord before him, I fully anticipate using him never by choice.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty well over here. I spent a good chunk of CP on Gamibt Tokens, which got OML to 13 covers, Phoenix to 11, and 8 Gambits (unfortunately 0/4/4 at the moment). Only one wasted cover out of all the 4* and 5* characters.

I also did a 40-pack and a few singletons on the Anniversary vault. Got all the Fan Favorite and HP prizes, 5 of 9 Dinos, and one of the other 4*s. Figured that I did well enough that I should reset the vault. Though I am only two deep at the moment on Vault #2.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was amazed at how much I had to do last night, it was fun. I sat down to play for a little bit, get the first clear of the Apocalypse event, and all the sudden it was three hours later!

-Apocalypse
    -DDQ
    -Finish up Webbed Wonder with some clears
    -Wups, some more Apocalypse is available
    -Hit Combined Arms a few times.
    -Oh wow, Class of 17 started... boosted Riri - wee!
    -They're doing an anniversary SHIELD sim? Let me clear some seed teams
    -Combined Arms is fun, lets do a few more of those
    -Oh man, who hit me in Class of 17? RETALIATION
    -These anniversary season rewards are nice, lets do some more SHIELD sim
    -Oh ****, it's 2 hours past my bedtime
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, today I pulled a 13th Pheonix cover, I got Vulture up to 13 covers (and then promptly got two more covers for him, so he's next on the champ list!) and managed to champ Lockjaw.

It's being a fun anniversary so far =)
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    The anniversary kicked off with a bang yesterday. Noticed the odds in the Mes Amis store and the first 10 pulls were the best I've ever had. 2 OML, 2 Phoenix, 2 Gambit, BH Black Bolt and the 4* were Riri (champ level), Red Hulk (welcome to the team!), Nova black (useful) and Moon Knight (welcome to the team!).

That's 7 5* out of 10 pulls, even with the 25% odds this was just pure RNGesus bliss. 

Glad to hear y'all had some lucky draws as well.