4th Anniversary Diary

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
The 4th anniversary of Marvel Puzzle Quest is here. What is something you like/remember/cherish from the past year? Something that sticks out as a positive (lots of room for negative in other threads). Did you champ a favorite character? Take 1st place in an event? Reach a roster milestone? Get lucky with some tokens? Get a match-6?

My favorite thing to happen since the last anniversary is undoubtedly the long-requested, long-awaited arrival of Rogue.

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I finally entered the 4* land around the last anniversary. In fact, looking at gamependium I champed my first 4* (Ant-Man) a year ago tomorrow. I just champed Yondu last night and now the only 4*s I have unchamped are Spider-Gwen (3/5/4), Sandman (1/4/4), Rogue (2/2/3), and Lockjaw (1/2/2). Pretty crazy growth for a year. I'd be lying if I said vaulting didn't help speed up some characters, but BHs and nice ISO hoard are probably what really helped out.

Finally have started my champing my 3*s too. It's a shame I don't get to use them as much anymore, but it still feels good.

I also joined a good alliance this year and didn't realize what I was missing out on spending 3 years in a casual one. Finally got to finish Boss events with them! Great stuff.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Definitely entered 4* land this year, and became really competitive in PvE. I routinely get T10 and T5 finishes. But probably the single best thing that happened for me was getting first place on one of the runnings of DP vs. MPQ. It awarded just the right mix of covers I needed to champ Gwenpool. Had I placed any lower, it wouldn't have worked. 

Another great thing is being able to consistently hit 900 in PvP and getting full season progression. 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Champed my first 3* and many to follow soon 

I feel that the new characters this year have been a big improvement and I’ve liked most of the new events 

dr strange event was my favourite 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Over the past year, I went from two 4* champs (Thorrina and Hulkbuster) to 32 currently, and counting. My 3* Steve is at lv264, with two covers in my queue. I have yet to decide if he will be my first maxchamped 3* - particularly because my Winter Soldier is at 5/3/5 and I'm wondering if I should champ him next - or if those two covers will go to my dupe Steve (at 0/1/1). I'm at that stage of the game where my daily average is 30k-40k iso and more than 20CP. Unfathomable rates just a year ago.

Oh, and this past Monday Surfer became my first 5* champ. Here's to the long, long road from 4* to 5*.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Finally getting to spend all the HP I've been saving since January.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Remembering that double ISO is once per year, which is nowhere near enough to cover my 2mil + debt.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moving in to 4* land with my first champs has been fun (although the iso crunch not so much) and having bonus heroes finish off all 3* as champed (well until Elektra and Gambit). Both of those have opened up a nice flow of CP from PvP.

Also, the boss events have all been pretty great.

My favourite thing though has been the ability to beat Crash of the Titans on a decently regular basis (of course that said, I'm currently stuck on Dino! Graaaahh!)
  • Avalancher
    Avalancher Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I turned in a killer entry for the favorite team contest, then got myself temporarily banned by going off on one of the serial haters here on the forums.

My alliance mate won the contest anyway, and we lived happily ever after.

Oh, and I got Top 1 in the first ever SCL9 Story Event. Great way to start the new year!
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not a specific moment, but since the end of vaulting my dupe pulls have almost stopped completely. I have very few vintage characters uncovered, and new ones are getting covered at about the same rate that they are releasing, so I am not dying for iso all the time. I also love that I am constantly getting LT rewards from various 3* champs, and have max champed 2 so far.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finished champing the 4* tier, minus a few of the newest ones. Even champed Dino this year (Howard still needs a couple covers). Can finally relax and stop stressing about scraping every bit of ISO before covers expire.

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm glad we finally got Cloak & Dagger as a playable character, and even more glad that they're really fun to play.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm looking at my roster slot history, the closest being a week before the third anniversary. I had two 3*s, Spider-Man and Vision, left to champion before making the 4* transition and only one 4* fully covered (Ant-Man.)

As much as I can curse RNG, I feel like I've been exceptionally lucky this past year. I've championed 26 4*s in the space of a year. There have been numerous covers that I've had to sell because there would be no chance in hell that they'd be remotely usable but that's been the luck of the draw.

How covers have landed have meant that the two limited 4* characters are now in a position to be maxed and championed within a couple of months. This past year there was a single Bag-Man PvP event which brought enough cover rewards to be able to finally champion him.

Vaulting happened. Then it ended. I'm happier with finally championing Prof X, 4* Hulk and The Thing this past year over pulling my fiftieth cover for a championed Lockjaw. When vaulting started my Quake was 0/0/1, since it ended she's now 2/5/3.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vaulting ended and it let me continue with MPQ. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    An anniversary token rewarded me 2900 HP, yay!
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    I've been playing less than a year, this game has been awesome overall, frustrating at times, but has become apart of my daily routine: DDQ first thing in the morning, work all day, finish PvE before 8pm end/start time, get first clears as I get the kid ready for bed (who at 2 years old can name like 15 characters), finish PvP if there's one that day, sleep, repeat. 

Have all but six 3* champed, seven 4* champs, only 8 left to roster, all but five 5*rostered and I'm still Loving this game. First mobile game I've played. And will probably be the only game
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been playing less than a year, this game has been awesome overall, frustrating at times, but has become apart of my daily routine: DDQ first thing in the morning, work all day, finish PvE before 8pm end/start time, get first clears as I get the kid ready for bed (who at 2 years old can name like 15 characters), finish PvP if there's one that day, sleep, repeat. 
    I hear you on the it become part of your routine.

I'm so jealous of the 8pm start/end time for PvE.  My options are all abysmal...