S.H.I.E.L.D Training/Rogue event

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
With this event coming to a close soon and the paygate node at the end, I am curious on how many in the brackets got 7000/cleared the last node. Since each bracket is 1000 people, and we cannot use names here, might get a lot of duplicate info, but still curious on this. Please comment below to see how many did clear this whole event. 

Comments

• The rockett
    In my bracket, I am "10th" and 6 people did full clears on this event. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 players. Different bracket than yours.
  • In mine, i am 16th and only 1 did full clear
  • Serrated
    Serrated Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    I'm 35th in mine. 3 finished it, maybe the same as daiches' - initials A, T, M at the top. (not trying to call anyone out, nor identify anyone; just to provide enough info to distinguish.) 
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    As of right now none in my bracket.  One of the few that has 6000pts is a 4* player who somehow has a 5/5/2 Rogue and must be hacked off.

Edit:  is actually a 3* player 
  • Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    I'm 48th in my bracket with 2 completed.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    7th in mine with 6000 Points. Two guys have 7000, 15 have 6000. Started pretty early after the event launched...
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I'm in same bracket as above, I ended up with a 0/1/4 rogue , I'm in 54 place 5k points
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was going to check, but the event disappeared.  I was 47th in mine, missed last two Rogue nodes for obvious reasons.
  • The rockett
    Wow. Yes the event just disappeared. By the people I talked to in my ally and some other friends it looks like 20-30 might have made it through the whole event. 
  • bluewolf
    Bowgentle said:
    Yep it just disappeared, while we're still getting Rogue Vault tokens for PVE, which might have helped some to get another Rogue cover for one more node.

Another bizarre decision in an increasingly long line of increasingly more bizarre decisions lately.
    Right.  More bizarre from their own business standpoint. People who got all earnable tokens from the events, but missed Rogue from the vault, could have decided to spend to get the cover to get farther in the mini event.  I mean, you could still spend, but the urgency has disappeared along with the event.

Along with once again not offering Howard in tokens during Webbed Wonder, it's a missed business earning opportunity.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I'm surprised they didint run it until at least end of anniversary 
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I last looked at the leader board yesterday, maybe 20 hours ago, and I was the fourth player to get 6000.  No one had hit 7000.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Yep it just disappeared, while we're still getting Rogue Vault tokens for PVE, which might have helped some to get another Rogue cover for one more node.

Another bizarre decision in an increasingly long line of increasingly more bizarre decisions lately.
    Right.  More bizarre from their own business standpoint. People who got all earnable tokens from the events, but missed Rogue from the vault, could have decided to spend to get the cover to get farther in the mini event.  I mean, you could still spend, but the urgency has disappeared along with the event.

Along with once again not offering Howard in tokens during Webbed Wonder, it's a missed business earning opportunity.
    I don't read the stories anymore because I've seen them enough...but a story with a "limited character" that doesn't offer the character...that's just dumb. There's no nice or PC way to say it.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,583 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beer40 said:
    bluewolf said:
    Bowgentle said:

I don't read the stories anymore because I've seen them enough...but a story with a "limited character" that doesn't offer the character...that's just dumb. There's no nice or PC way to say it.

I'll point out they did give you the free cover at the end, so they certainly offered it.  They just didn't give a vault with him in it, instead they gave you a vault with the featured 4* in it.  Actually, I'm pretty sure that's been the case for other iterations of the event.

Setting up a special event where you had to whale the character did seem odd to me, but a single LT is hardly an award to agonize over.

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    GrimSkald said:
    Beer40 said:
    bluewolf said:
    Bowgentle said:

I'll point out they did give you the free cover at the end, so they certainly offered it.  They just didn't give a vault with him in it, instead they gave you a vault with the featured 4* in it.  Actually, I'm pretty sure that's been the case for other iterations of the event.

Setting up a special event where you had to whale the character did seem odd to me, but a single LT is hardly an award to agonize over.

Fair enough, I haven't made it to the end and got some bad info that it was Rogue at the end, not Howard. So I was wrong and now get to be the dumb one  :/
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beer40 said:
    GrimSkald said:
    Beer40 said:
    bluewolf said:
    Bowgentle said:

Fair enough, I haven't made it to the end and got some bad info that it was Rogue at the end, not Howard. So I was wrong and now get to be the dumb one  :/
    I had heard that too, but I definitely got a Howard cover, not Rogue.
  • bluewolf
    edited October 2017
    I, of course, understand that the Howard cover is a free random cover that you win in-game.  And Rogue is not awarded.  And that it makes sense to offer the featured character in the vault vs Howard.  Because anything else would require extra programming time.  (The cover you see in the vault under the Legendary token auto-populates based on the event rules/essentials.  The other two 4's are random in a standard vault.)

And I wouldn't care much if I didn't have a worthless purple Howard for my 2/5/5 build, while knowing my options are:  1.  Spend 120CP to allow me to champ him (no way, he's not worth it to give up 5* pulls)  2.  Wait several months to once again play the entire event for a 33% chance at a green cover. 

This is my 2nd or 3rd time getting a worthless cover.

My belief is that Howard interest spikes every time this event runs, and the fact that you can't decide to spend some $ or HP to work on him seems like a bad business decision.  Maybe they think the resources involved to make covers available would not be worth the sales return, but it is still frustrating.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    I don't think this is considered a "Howard Event" it is just running the event that features him, much like they run the event featuring Ghost Rider, Wolverine and Daredevil but none of them get special stores during the event or level bumps.  They just rotate the events and shove whoever's turn it is into the event.

I think they have a once a year real Howard the Duck event with a vault with 3 cards in it to allow you to vainly try to pull the card you need LOL.  These other events allow you to buff up your duck because otherwise you'd never get anywhere with him.