What if we kept ALL THE CP's?

Beer40
Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Buy a Stark for $100 (or whatever your currency rate). Get a "Bonus 7 CP" per alliance member. Not always, but they're giving out 140 CP most of the time, I'd guess.

But what if they just gave you 140 CP in addition to your HP or ISO?
What if they gave you 120 CP and 1 CP for each of your alliance?

Also, this math:

78,000 ISO = 20,000 HP = 140 CP

Where is the option to buy 140 CP for $100?

I've been wondering this for awhile now and thought I'd put it up for discussion.

Edit: Also, 557 ISO = 143 HP = 1 CP. What if you could buy CP with ISO and HP?

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    So the game needs more Pay to Win?  No thanks.  it's already too easy for people so inclined to pay to win.  

They do need to fix the ISO values for IRL purchases though.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    why would they do that? they make 2000$ for you to get 140 CP right now, they are not going to kill buy clubs
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Also, most people that play don't know anything about buy clubs.  Those guys are paying $100 for just 7cp.  That is where they get us, because 99% of the population of MPQ doesn't know about line.
  • Beer40
    edited October 2017
    Wonko33 said:
    why would they do that? they make 2000$ for you to get 140 CP right now, they are not going to kill buy clubs
    I completely disagree with this, although I'll admit I could be wrong. They're going to get that money anyway, as those people obviously have it to burn on the game. The Whales will all get their 140 CP without buy clubs (and probably more). Rich getting richer and all that... But I think they'd sell more Starks to non-whale players if they put the CP focus on the person actually making the purchase, as opposed to splitting it out with random people.

grunth13 said:
    Also, most people that play don't know anything about buy clubs.  Those guys are paying $100 for just 7cp.  That is where they get us, because 99% of the population of MPQ doesn't know about line.
    Well, they're paying $100 for HP or ISO, with a 7 CP bonus for themselves, but probably 140 CP total. But this is part of what I quoted above. Wouldn't these people, combined with new spenders who don't like that suggested 7 CP/$100 bonus be more likely to really drive up sales if the CP for the buyer was raised? It seems likely, at least to me.

broll said:
    So the game needs more Pay to Win?  No thanks.  it's already too easy for people so inclined to pay to win.  

In a game that is pay to win or can be played that way, the person with the most disposable income towards the game will "win" that battle every time. I'm not sure how this changes that, other than letting people get more for the money they invest? I agree on the ISO values, for sure.

Anyway, its interesting to hear different takes on this. Grunths suggestion about $100/7 CP seems to make a lot of sense unfortunately.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Beer40 said:
    Wonko33 said:
    I completely disagree with this, although I'll admit I could be wrong. They're going to get that money anyway, as those people obviously have it to burn on the game. The Whales will all get their 140 CP without buy clubs (and probably more). Rich getting richer and all that... But I think they'd sell more Starks to non-whale players if they put the CP focus on the person actually making the purchase, as opposed to splitting it out with random people.

grunth13 said:
    Well, they're paying $100 for HP or ISO, with a 7 CP bonus for themselves, but probably 140 CP total. But this is part of what I quoted above. Wouldn't these people, combined with new spenders who don't like that suggested 7 CP/$100 bonus be more likely to really drive up sales if the CP for the buyer was raised? It seems likely, at least to me.

broll said:

In a game that is pay to win or can be played that way, the person with the most disposable income towards the game will "win" that battle every time. I'm not sure how this changes that, other than letting people get more for the money they invest? I agree on the ISO values, for sure.

Anyway, its interesting to hear different takes on this. Grunths suggestion about $100/7 CP seems to make a lot of sense unfortunately.
    You are probably right about increasing sales if given the whole amount, but buy clubs are essentially about 3-600 people.  The rest buy within their alliance for only 7cp.  We have seen guys with 450-550 level rosters that have been essentially bought outside of buy clubs...think about the amount of money that was spent.  If those guys are were getting 140 cp with each 100 dollars, their investment would have been 1/20th.  Also, if you make 550s available to anyone, your whales who spend crazy amounts of money would probably reduce their investment because everyone has it, they get no sense of superiority.  Thats just my 2cents.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    At one point, you could directly buy covers with HP.  This was before 5*.  They said they stopped the practice because they wanted to discourage fast paced whaling.  So, it seems unlikely that your suggestion would be implemented.

In addition, the current game operates under a business model that seems to work for the devs.  Any major change in $ to resources would impact that model; they would only change it if the current model stopped working (or worked less well).

I suppose this is why the FFave tokens are not the deal we all hoped for; it would be too great a departure from current business practice.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Re: buying iso (an insane idea at present), what would be an acceptable amount of iso for the $100 package?
  • Beer40
    Re: buying iso (an insane idea at present), what would be an acceptable amount of iso for the $100 package?
    I think it varies from person to person, but I wouldn't spend $100 on it unless I could take a 5* from 255 to 450 at the minimum. I forgot the exact number that took, but it was between 500,000 and 600,000 ISO.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Beer40 said:

Say the people not paying are pedestrians and the whales have go karts.  You're proposing trading out their go karts for race cars...
    Beer40 said:

This change could reduce whale spending by a factor of 20.  You really think that there would be such an overwhelming swell in sales that the non-whales would make up that difference?  I find that extremely unlikely.  For the average player $100 is a lot of money to throw at a mobile game once, much less likely repeatedly on some cadence like a whale spends.