Story mode scoring compromise

Blindman13
Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Since the addition of the 5* node in SCL 7-9, many complaints suggestions have been registered. This may have been suggested before, but I wanted to put a poll out to see how others thought.

I think it would be great to remove the 3 easy nodes from SCL 7-9 and make the 5* node point value equal to what those nodes are worth in the lower SCLs.  This would resolve multiple issues:
  • If you don't have the 5* you can drop to SCL6, but not lose points for your alliance
  • High level rosters don't have to mind-numbingly clear 3 pointless nodes 
  • The clear rewards for the 3 nodes can be merged with the 5* node to make the later clears worthwhile
What do you think? Is there an obvious downside I'm missing?

Story mode scoring compromise 51 votes

Great idea! They should do this right away!
11%
Blindman13motownjunkieDTrain514TPF AlexisRayElwoodBigMike182 6 votes
Just get rid of the 5* node. I hate everything about it.
3%
grunth13drayviper32 2 votes
I like the easy nodes. It's fun to watch Thanos crush them in a single turn.
13%
Wonko33OrionKannandjrdjrSpidurman27METT-T dependentbchaosspacedwarf 7 votes
I like having the extra node to make progression easier.
25%
wymtimeTiggidaZootSaxpmeady147Kevin61MoosePrimecooperbigdaddySNKAllenshadowyoshiPants1000brollSkadenFrudeeFoxrangel 13 votes
I'm happy with the way things are.
35%
PorkBellykillercoolxKOBALTxGrumpySmurf1002dr tinykittyloveMaskedManGrizz875Stax the Foyerrdvargas1bobby_2613OrionJHawkInchodayathinkstewbaccaKishidadoometteAvalancherLifeofAgony 18 votes
Other
9%
ProfessorGumbyfmftintpheregasreapermortBeer40 5 votes

Comments

• bobby_2613
    bobby_2613 Posts: 83 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    I'm happy with the way things are.
    Pretty sure that no way, they'll give more ISO and 30 XP only for 1 5* node.  So leave it that way.

Edit: Make it 40 XP if you count 3 x easy nodes + 1 x 5* node.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Great idea! They should do this right away!
    Pretty sure that no way, they'll give more ISO and 30 XP only for 1 5* node.  So leave it that way.

Edit: Make it 40 XP if you count 3 x easy nodes + 1 x 5* node.
    Excellent point. I knew there was a downside that I was missing.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Other
    I don't like the 5* node, but I like the easy nodes. So I don't want them to be replaced with the 5* node. However, I realize that some people like the 5* node, so I want it to stay. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Terrible idea.  That would only make the 5* node more critical than it already is.  Very hard NOPE!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other
    Remove the point value on the 5 star node, keep the rewards, all SCL are equal for placement
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    fmftint said:
    Remove the point value on the 5 star node, keep the rewards, all SCL are equal for placement
    Improve the rewards and you have a deal.  Double the CP 2/4/6 and double or triple the ISO, and change the STs to HTs (or at least ETs), otherwise people probably just wouldn't do them and wouldn't care.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other
    I don't mind the concept of the 5* node, but it is way too difficult compared to all the other CL9 nodes.  

Also, since CL1-6 don't have an analog, they cannot place competitively.  I'd suggest removing the point values from the 5* nodes and having two prizes.  Or even if they made it a yellow node that they give you a free weakling 5* if you don't have one at all.  
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVE is finally setup pretty good now. No changes needed.
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Other
    If the issue is "placement", then we're only talking alliance scores, since everybody in the same slice/SCL has the same scoring opportunity.

Expand the alliance cover rewards down... oh, I don't know... 2x? And call it good.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    How about replacing the 2* essential node with 5* one ? At higher SCL, even a max-champed boosted 2* is nothing but a burden anyway. Then switch around the pts-based stuffs a bit so that in higher SCL 3* node gives the same pts as 2* node in lower SCL. 4* node gives the same as 3*, and so on. I probably vote for keep the node rewards as they are. I mean, players should get better rewards from moving up anyway.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    Should they also remove the point value from the 4* node in the first half of each event?  Players might not have that character until they get half way through progression.