No new event scheduled for today?

Options
rafalele
rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
Hi @Brigby

As I can see just now there is no new event scheduled for today, that's right?

Comments

• Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm amazed that it seems nobody check the events schedule so that 2 events are about to end by the same time today.

With the current string of SWW errors, it almost like we are about to witness 2 giant galactic wormholes colliding at the game server in less than an hour ! 

Don't start the game by then or you'll be lost in the server stuck on the leaderboard calculations !

That's the reason why there is no event starting today !
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We anticipate that the coalition event Hour of Revelation will start in just under two hours. My teams are ready to go... if we can get past the SWW mini-game first. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Maybe there is an update coming?
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    An update is coming for Christmas but Winter is only coming ...next year !
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maybe there is an update coming?
    In the past this has been the case. I suspect Hibernum planned for an update release (maybe XLN?!) today and as such, our event schedule is empty. 

I doubt we we will be seeing a patch today (and certainly not a new set) but I remain hopeful. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    They might be having to much fun in NY to deal with us, don't blame them if that is the case, it is a fun place to explore, hey guys don't forget to go to the Intrepid and the MNH while you are there. Two of the best museums I have been to.
  • bk1234
    Options
    Oh, I like the Intrepid. Perhaps they are taking in a matinee of Hamilton. 
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Best way to not have problems while out of the office is just to don't schedule any event for players.
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    With their whale hunting money? I was there at the Intrepid when they opened the space shuttle exhibit. Seriously D3 peoples, if you have the chance take in some of the museums. Just talk to us first.
  • bk1234
    Options
    Also if it's a first trip, MoMA is worth it. 

• MDsupa
    MDsupa Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i think the event calendar was scheduled for NEW expansion with new events today.. but since expansion didn't comes, someone forget to update the events schedule..  (started since last week with that 4hr event)
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    personally i am hoping for the new set to launch around 5 am, and ready for the peace and quiet was worn out keeping up with all those battles.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As others have alluded, this is likely just a result of Hibernum's recurrent event schedule expiring. We can probably assume this is when they thought Ixalan would have released.  Regardless, in the Oktagon announcement, they said the new set would be November.

• bk1234
    Options
    madwren said:
    As others have alluded, this is likely just a result of Hibernum's recurrent event schedule expiring. We can probably assume this is when they thought Ixalan would have released.  Regardless, in the Oktagon announcement, they said the new set would be November.

It doesn't make it ok, though. I could deal with the week off from coalition events. I'm not ok with the lack of communication. We put up with so much -- a lot of people are hanging on to this game based on delayed promises. A simple post to say the event is cancelled this week is the least they can do. 

They've made this game a grindy disaster -- they should at least have to courtesy to tell people who plan their schedules around it that they need not keep checking for content that isn't coming. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They’ll make up for it by starting two events simultaneously....  yikes...
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I remember back in the dark ages my band had one of those antique .com thingies. We was fancy. We paid a web master. He was supposed to update the site every Tuesday. One week he was late. Didn't get it up til Wednesday. Meh, not the end of the world. Small talking to about commitment, and we move on. The following week he didn't get it up til Friday, it was incredibly rushed and a technical nightmare from the back end. Now we're mad. Talking to, blah blah blah. We move on. Next Tuesday comes and goes. Call him nothing. Text him. Nothing. Email. Nothing. Now it's Friday. Still a ghost. Following Thursday he sends me a text saying something to the effect of "omgs so sorry I quit. cuz reasons" not communication after. This is how this game makes me feel on a regular basis. I'm really getting tired of making excuses for this. I don't really care why because they're obviously burying their heads in the sand. This isn't ok 
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Coalition events is the most important part of the game for lot of us. Please tell us what is happening