Gamora's Deadly Strike is no longer keyed to its original target

CrookedKnight
CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
Like the topic says. The countdown tile is dealing damage to whichever enemy is targeted at the end of the turn, instead of the one she hit with the active power, and stays on the board after downing an enemy.

Comments

• SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Yes. Yes it is. I'll take what you're having for the next two weeks thanks. 
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes. Yes it is. I'll take what you're having for the next two weeks thanks. 
    Interesting. This is on a Pixel phone running Android 8.0, for comparison's sake.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought that might be happening, but it goes by so fast, it was hard to tell for sure.
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    I happened to kill an enemy with the initial power damage, when the next goon popped to the front he took match damage and 920+ CD damage, which killed him, happily for me. 
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    ive had it happen where it stayed on the field attacking who ever was in front as well as attacking the target the skill was used on originally.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this happening in a wave mission, by chance?
  • TPF Alexis
    Pretty sure I've seen it happen in regular Missions, too.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems fine to me when I was using it just now. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gamora seemed to be behaving correctly for me in regular missions.  The power is broken in wave missions though, as documented in this thread:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65993/4-gamora-red-functioning-erroneously-in-wave-missions-devs-aware/p1?new=1

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    It sounds like it might break in regular missions when her initial red attack downs the target, and then it still creates a countdown despite the intended target no longer being valid?

Can any of the people reporting this confirm?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Dayv said:
    It sounds like it might break in regular missions when her initial red attack downs the target, and then it still creates a countdown despite the intended target no longer being valid?

Can any of the people reporting this confirm?
    I've never seen that happen in regular missions.
  • TPF Alexis
    It was working right in the regular Missions this evening, the couple of times that I fired it early enough that I wasn't downing the last Opponent with it.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Ok I was able to replicate this several times in Enemy of the State.

In a wave mission with 4 or more enemies remaining in the current wave, fire Deadly Strike so that it kills the current target.

The new enemy rotates in, and the Deadly Strike CD tile is placed and is not removed. Further, it is no longer 'tied' to any particular enemy character, and simply damages the enemy in front until it expires, or until the current wave ends, at which point it is removed as though its target was killed.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I have seen the same as what Jaedenkaal describes.  
    When you select the countdown tile it tells you which enemy it is targeting. While in this condition, it will say that it is targeting the front enemy. and if you cycle through enemies, the description changes to always show the front enemy.
    I could swear that I've seen the same thing on non-wave missions, but reading the above posts makes me doubt my memory, so I will have to pay closer attention.
  • TPF Alexis
    It has been behaving correctly every time I've paid attention to it in non-wave nodes.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Ok, just tried multiple times in the Hell’s Kitchen sub, and every time it worked as it should, so I does look to be tied to wave missions only.