MPQ Infographic & Best Team Contest Winners! (10/2/17)

Options
2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,844 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Is there another reason why DD fits well in that third team beyond it being Netflix Defenders? He is the stunner I guess but wouldn’t you otherwise use green for Iron Fist? Wouldn’t Doctor Strange work just as well? I don’t have DD myself.

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    OJSP said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Actually 5/5/3 is my standard Carol build, and I believe it is the most useful most of the time. 5/3/5 is only good in mirror matches or againt the same strong color, which occurs much less often than you buff your strike tiles. 

I mean everybody builds their heroes as they wish, but there is nothing to lol about that build. 
    I wasn't kidding with my post. I was merely explaining why we want 5/5/3 in that team. I am using Carol at 5/5/3 too at the moment with someone who makes CDs and strike tiles. 20k match damage after the CDs resolve is not bad..
    True. Rogue's versus PvP made me change Carol's distribution for the first time since I champed her, after I was defeted by an enemy Carol with her AoE. It was better for this event, because there where a lot of Carols and C&Ds. But other than that, never seen any reason to not have 5 in yellow. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    OJSP said:
    Daiches said:
    Lol at Carol at 5/5/3. 
    Need to buff those protect tiles..
    Actually 5/5/3 is my standard Carol build, and I believe it is the most useful most of the time. 5/3/5 is only good in mirror matches or againt the same strong color, which occurs much less often than you buff your strike tiles. 

I mean everybody builds their heroes as they wish, but there is nothing to lol about that build. 
    Exactly my build. Even a single buff ends the match in a few turns. I value that the most. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The odd thing is they credit 3spidey pink as the most valuable power. It helps lay the defense, but defense doesn't win matches!

Presumably because it "fires" more often than the rest of them.

Definitely curious how these stats were compiled, though.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Alsmir said:
    Is that a joke?

How were the winners determined? Random draw? Amount of money spent on MPQ?
    As one of the winners I want to guarantee, that its surely not the amount of money spent on MPQ.

I have spent in my 1336 days of playing the amount of nearly 6 euros (thats a little bit more of 5 $).
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bonny2712 said:
    Alsmir said:
    Is that a joke?

As one of the winners I want to guarantee, that its surely not the amount of money spent on MPQ.

I have spent in my 1336 days of playing the amount of nearly 6 euros (thats a little bit more of 5 $).

You might want to point out that whoever made that banner quoted wrong builds for your team.

Your original post has Medusa 5/4/4 and Peggy 3/5/5 which makes much more sense than what is on the banner (Medusa 3/5/5 and Peggy 5/3/5)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    aa25 said:
    Bonny2712 said:
    Alsmir said:
    Is that a joke?

You might want to point out that whoever made that banner quoted wrong builds for your team.

Your original post has Medusa 5/4/4 and Peggy 3/5/5 which makes much more sense than what is on the banner (Medusa 3/5/5 and Peggy 5/3/5)
    Oh, I see it the first time now. Did not recognise it before. Vigilantly eyes you have.....
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Wow...that Spidey/Switch/Carol team is pretty weak.  I could feast upon that with way more 2 3* + 1 4* combo teams.  The Blade/Medusa/Peggy team is good but the last team 4* Fist/Cage/5*DD is only so-so.  I would love to see their criteria for determining the best team.  My guess is they really over-valued protect tiles from the teams they picked.  This could be from the fact that they ran AI simulations and the AI isn't able to utilize powers and strategies effectively like players, making protect tiles far more valuable.    
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    We all know you can crush that Spider-man/Switch/Carol team with your stupid Panthos or HE/Coulson. Obviously the contest was about finding sinergies beyond what the meta dictates. In most of alliances there's always at least that one guy transitioning to four star land for whom the ideas thrown in the contest should be helpful. Having said that, aesthetocyst's cascade kings should be one of the winners!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    ...My guess is they really over-valued protect tiles from the teams they picked...    
    That would make a lot of sense...especially, as two of the three teams have powers which ignore protect tiles on top of protect tile generation.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sigh.

Firstly, nothing about the contest suggest The Best teams (as in, most effective) were asked for or picked. The contest thread was a request to show them your best team, with no specific definition of best. There was a line in there about the best combination in all of MPQ, but best not defined. Nor is the selection criteria given.

In the graphic their referred to as 'powerful' teams, and some of the favorites.

Secondly, so long as the defense is all run by the simplistic and arbitrary AI, there is no defense in MPQ, short of cheating and leveling all your characters to 800.

Speaking on, in that regard, the Capt. SpideyWitch team is actually pretty great. It's a lineup the AI can't screw up in some comical fashion.

Run the team, it's great on offense. If you were a 3* player and happened to have those champs it would serve you well. If you're 4* and beyond, of course it wouldn't be your choice, and be a speed bump if spotted in the wild.
    The win percentages they tout do boggle the mind, though. And the "best power", and the battle time stats.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So, I tried the Capt. SpideyWitch team and it's actually pretty great. prioritize yellow and resolve witch's CD tile as often as possible. Pretty soon, you have some monstrous protect tiles.  That pretty much gives you immunity to destroy the opposing team with Carol black and Switch purple.

I tried a variation on this team in combined arms. replaced spidey with bullseye and it was equally great. granted, i only climbed to 575 but i had a surprising number of defense wins.  oh, and my bullseye was only lvl 15...