MPQ Infographic & Best Team Contest Winners! (10/2/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

A little over a month ago, we announced our Show Us Your Best Team contest, asking players to submit the best Marvel trio they could come up with. The community response was amazing, with submissions ranging from useful and analytical to comical and entertaining. Thank you so much to each and every one of you that participated!

With MPQ's 4th Anniversary upon us, we wanted to finally reveal the winners of that contest. It was not an easy choice, as there were so many good submissions, but the three finalists we chose had not just strength in their team, but also creativity and versatility. With that said, we want to congratulate @Brigadierbleu, @Bonny2712, and @Khartmann for their contest-winning submissions!

In addition to viewing our finalists' team combinations in the below infographic, please be sure to visit the contest thread listed above to see all the great submissions that other participants have sent in!

*Click to view location of the larger image on our blog*

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    The infographic is wrong on Carol's champ level. It says 166 when it should say 270. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Ducky said:
    The infographic is wrong on Carol's champ level. It says 166 when it should say 270. 
    Fixed!
  • jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigadierbleu, huh? @Brigby needs to work on a more discreet pseudonym  :D:D

• Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    95% winning percentage?  Sound we we better "fix" these characters or does that only apply to usage percentage?

A 4 minute fight will get you destroyed in PvP north of 900, good advice!
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby

Out of curiosity, how are "Win percentage" and "Battle time" evaluated ? Are they based on AI-controlled matched with pre-selected or random-selected opponents ? If it is the case, I feel like this is an unfair number to present the strength of the team since many solid teams are not controlled well by the AI due to how AI choose to fire powers, prioritize AP collection, etc.

Note: I am not saying these three are bad teams. I just want to say that those two numbers don't seem to indicate anything.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Player's Choice" legendary store huh?  Sounds like some hoarders are gonna be really happy about this.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lol at Carol at 5/5/3. And the team compositions.
    Where these drawn out of a hat at random from all submissions?
    And where did the win % and Av. Match time come from?
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The word set-up should be set up.  Set-up is a noun, not a verb.  Also, the word amount should be number.

Also the second sentence is a mess.  Consider rewriting it?  "In a special contest, we enlisted the d3 go! community to help find some awesome teams. Check out our favorites!" would fit, and sound less stilted.

Really, what kind of editing are you guys working with?
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We all know the real best team that can dismantle all of those teams..... Hahaha
  • carrion_pigeons
    Options
    We all know the real best team that can dismantle all of those teams..... Hahaha
    Does it have Bag-Man in it?  Because Bag-Man isn't as good as you might imagine.
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Those are some truly stinky teams. Even if Spiderman was the mandatory 3* hero in a pvp, the last people I would pair him with are SW and carol.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These teams really make me worry about the coming "Player's Choice" tokens...
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That Carol/Wanda/Spidey team is so bizarre.   I mean, it works I guess because Carol is awesome, but those 2 are about the 2,591st best pair to run with Carol.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Player's Choice" legendary store huh?  Sounds like some hoarders are gonna be really happy about this.
    As someone who doesn't normally hoard but has been in case Anniversary was interesting, I feel I'm going to be torn between Player's Choice and waiting part of a month for Rogue/Gambit/Nightcrawler...
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Orion said:
    That Carol/Wanda/Spidey team is so bizarre.   I mean, it works I guess because Carol is awesome, but those 2 are about the 2,591st best pair to run with Carol.
    Hey, don't knock it. It has a lot of synergy, and some players don't have all the things. 

The odd thing is they credit 3spidey pink as the most valuable power. It helps lay the defense, but defense doesn't win matches!

It does if you can match damage them to death because everything is hitting you for 1 damage, lol. 
  • carrion_pigeons
    Options
    Ducky said:
    Orion said:
    Hey, don't knock it. It has a lot of synergy, and some players don't have all the things. 

The odd thing is they credit 3spidey pink as the most valuable power. It helps lay the defense, but defense doesn't win matches!

It does if you can match damage them to death because everything is hitting you for 1 damage, lol. 
    Oh, so that's the secret to winning.  Protect tiles!  I've wondered.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    aa25 said:
    @Brigby

Out of curiosity, how are "Win percentage" and "Battle time" evaluated ? Are they based on AI-controlled matched with pre-selected or random-selected opponents ? If it is the case, I feel like this is an unfair number to present the strength of the team since many solid teams are not controlled well by the AI due to how AI choose to fire powers, prioritize AP collection, etc.

Note: I am not saying these three are bad teams. I just want to say that those two numbers don't seem to indicate anything.
    Exactly what I was wondering. Those stats seem... kinda random?
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is that a joke?

How were the winners determined? Random draw? Amount of money spent on MPQ?