(Discussion) Only Recent 5*s as essentials so far! Make people spend more or just the most fair way?

Options
2»

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it possible that they have got the latest out of the way, and then they'll flip to the beginning to have OML and Pheonix lined up for during anniversary / mutant week?
    Maybe shift silver Surfer round to after them.

• RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It feels as fair as it can be with a 5* essential node. So far the required 5*s were in tokens with the greatest chance of pulling a 5*. I feel it would have been less fair if a classic 5* was required and it was only available in classic tokens as they are now.

I also don't feel this totally hurts hoarding. Until hours before webbed wonder started i didn't have 5* Daredevil. Minutes before the event started i decided to try and get a cover. I may have beat odds but it took me 5 attempts to get it. Now i can play the 5* essential and i can resume hoarding.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I also don't feel this totally hurts hoarding. Until hours before webbed wonder started i didn't have 5* Daredevil. Minutes before the event started i decided to try and get a cover. I may have beat odds but it took me 5 attempts to get it. Now i can play the 5* essential and i can resume hoarding.
    I had similar results.  I missed out on 5pidey feature and near the end of sub 1 with no Ock it was looking doubtful I'd hit T100 in SCL7 and would miss out on Rouge.  Pulled 10 latest and got 1 5pidey, 2 DD, & 1 Ock.  I may have 10 less to pull when I open my hoard before 5pidey leaves, but I also need  3 fewer 5* covers, so it should balance out.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The problem with this line of reasoning is you can also pull 50 without getting the 5* you wanted ("only" a 7.5% chance to happen, but very well possible)

And you'll need 70 pulls to have a 50/50 chance to get any specific classic 5* (or almost 40 pulls when using BH)
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    Im a relatively newer player (1 year) and i have pulled over the course of that time every 5 star bar phoenix and widow crom classics with ghe exception of devil, ock and spidey. Infact i didnt keep most because i need the space for the growing 4 stars after vaulting. I have pulled 2 hulks, 2 bolts, 4 OML,  2 Thanos, 1 spidey, 3 BSS, 3 strange, 3 Hawkguy, 2 Surfer, 3 Cap, 1 Iron Man, 2 Surfer, 1 DD, 1 Ock, 1 Goblin, 1 Panther and 3 SL covers. I kinda regret not keeping some but hp wasnt flowing and i generally juat get pve progress rewards and placement as extras. Obly recently due to the anniversary have i been grinding hp. What that means to say is that unless your really new or just extremely u lucky its engirely possible to pull all of them and i dont have 100s of cp at a time either. 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not crazy about it since I'm a hoarder and don't have doc oc, Peter or dd, but I'll pull through somehow.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    with xmen teamed anniversary, we should be able to see oml and phx as 5* required ? These 4 havent been easy for me, as no one has more than 4 covers, i wonder how bad that essential will be with championed 5*
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personally, I dont feel its fair. I recently opened 1000cp worth of latest tokens in an attempt to get Silver Surfer from the Cosmic Store. I got 4 Starlord's and that was it. In a system where theres no reliable way to get covers for 5*s, it cant possibly be fair having 5* nodes. 

Did the same thing. Not as much CP because I don't want to burden myself with a 4* that I'd then need to champ, but I opened a bunch of legendaries and got an OML and a Spider Man. That was it.

Soooo....yeah, Daredevil's the only 5* I don't have, so I'm stuffed here.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    rixmith said:
    With Star Lord they did put up the Cosmic store so the odds of pulling one were as good (or poor) as pulling from latest. If they run a weekly store that features the next 3 required 5*'s we'd at least have a chance to acquire a cover before they were essential. Without something like that getting a particular Classic 5* is pretty hopeless.
    If you follow this logically and consider those chosen follow a plan by the devs then it leads to this - The first six 5* Essentials should be Spider-Man, Daredevil & Doc Ock (3 latest) + Star Lord, Silver Surfer & Thanos (Cosmic store). So next one will probably Green Goblin or something...
    Nah, going by D3 logic, the required 5* for the gambit release tourney will be 5* gambit
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
     In a system where theres no reliable way to get covers for 5*s, it cant possibly be fair having 5* nodes. 
    Personally, I can't agree with this enough. If they are not going to add some way of targeting 5*s then this node belongs in Deadpool Daily not regular pve.