Prof X vs Sandman vs 3* Farm

Options
rainkingucd
rainkingucd Posts: 1,287 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2017 in Roster and Level Help
With the anniversary nearly upon us, I'm trying to figure out how to best use resources.  I'm a 4* player, with no desire on 5*.  I've 43 champed 4*, Gwenpool, Miles, IW, Venom, and Venom cover maxed but unleveled.  

On the Vine:
1 Prof X 
3 Sandman
1 3* Iron Man

I've got 200K ISO, and 3 2* that I can sell for 195K ISO.  

Do I invest the ISO on Sandman, hoping for a rework?  Or the Professor, as I like him more anyway (I've got a dupe for the Winfinite team if need be, but rarely use it anymore).  My 3* farm is kicked off, and IM40 is fully covered, with one on the vine, so could invest there too.

Or, invest nowhere, and save up for some other reason.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd champ Sandman. You have 3 covers on the vine vs. 1 for Prof X, and quite frankly Prof X is pretty limited in his utility.

(This is assuming your IM40 is a dupe, otherwise champ him - he beats out both the other two.)
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,287 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks @Dormammu.  Yes, IM40 is a dupe.  My other one is at 266 already.

I got a Mockingbird as BH today.  Bringing her up to 10 covers.  And Vulture at 10 covers.  and Lockjaw at 10 covers.  All I prefer to Sandman; I just hate seeing covers go to waste.  

But, with Anniversary nearly upon us, I think I'll spend my 600 CP in all likelihood, and I imagine I'll end up with at least one of those 3 fully covered, and preferable to champ vs Sandman.  

So I guess I've talked myself into 3K ISO for Sandman, and champing someone preferable.  
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pro X is the only 4* I'm probably never going to champ.  I like him too much in Charlie's Angels to level him fully.  However, it's not like there isn't just as good thug killer teams like anything with IM40, Doctor Strange, or just overpowering them with 5* and 4*s.

Definitely champ Sandman.  Riri was pretty iffy, but she's close to top tier after the rework.  Agent Venom got better too, although he's still mostly a power-up character.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Don't know if you've executed on a decision, but even though you don't have a cover on the vine, it's looking like Gwenpool will be pretty useful in the Apocalypse event (even though she's not boosted). 

Board management is going to be a big part of the event, and she's very good at that. Just keep your Sploits list handy and you'll get lots of use out of it. 

Between the other characters you mentioned, I would also champ Sandman, although you might have to wait awhile for a rework.