2 scheduled events has gone missing: the previous weekend legacy event and today's TotP:white

Options
blacklotus
blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
hi brigby,

2 scheduled events has gone missing so far: the previous weekend's legacy event and today's TotP:white.

Is this a bug or the new austerity measures to cut the already bare-bones contents of mtgpq even further?

Comments

• majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Probably an oversight of the new dev team.

right @Brigby ?
  • blacklotus
    Options
    Hopefully D3 realises that without legacy events, our non-standard cards are now totally useless except in Training Grounds. If this is the new events trend, I foresee many players to stop spending any cash on this game totally. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's possible that the old team simply had a bunch of scheduled dates--you know, like setting recurring appointments on a calendar--and that those have simply expired. 

Thus, neither a bug, nor austerity..simply the result of  Hibernum leaving.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the delay, as we've been getting everything prepared for our trip to NYCC.

@madwren is correct in that Hibernum had scheduled events in advanced. I would speculate that the missing events simply experienced a brief hiccup during the transition to the new event schedule that Oktagon is now handling.
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the delay, as we've been getting everything prepared for our trip to NYCC.

@madwren is correct in that Hibernum had scheduled events in advanced. I would speculate that the missing events simply experienced a brief hiccup during the transition to the new event schedule that Oktagon is now handling.

So Octagon has now taken over scheduling. Very interesting. Would be great if there was something to share there - e.g. are some of the rescheduling (like EO on Sunday) a deliberate effort that changes event scheduling in general? I´m sure everyone is very interested to hear about a "new event schedule" as well as the promised "returning events" from the press release.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby is scheduled to  put out his sneak peak: October announcement soon.
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It would be good to get some clarity on what the event schedule will be going forward. With all the strangeness in the last week, it's hard to know what was intentional and what wasn't.
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    majincob said:
    @Brigby is scheduled to  put out his sneak peak: October announcement soon.
    Yes, tomorrow afternoon @Brigby will inform us that HoR has already started and that RotDP will start on Friday. I can't be the only one who thinks this sneak peek should be released on Mondays instead of Wednesdays. 

It was originally meant to replace the 24 hr in-game notice about upcoming coalition events. It's not a very good substitute.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Advertising taking precedence over everything else. As I predicted in this thread.
  • blacklotus
    Options
    shteev said:
    Brigby said:
    Advertising taking precedence over everything else. As I predicted in this thread.
    hopefully d3 realise Marketing 101 lesson #1: Bad news travel faster than Good news. One disgruntled and angry customer will destroy your reputation faster than 100 silent satisfied customers.