2500 color mastery

Options
Dave808
Dave808 Posts: 55 Match Maker
So what happens when you hit 2500? New tier? Nothing? I Google searched  but couldn't find any info. 

Comments

• Caeman
    Caeman Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    I don't think it's possible to reach 2500. The kick in the head is that the original experience level past platinum was 1000 points... then players lost their platinum status after reaching 1000 points, were back at bronze level and had no way of gaining any extra experience. Rather than add any other level, they bumped up the experience ceiling 150%. Once more people start reaching 2500, D3 will probably bump the ceiling to 5000.
  • Dave808
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lol w.t.f?! That's absolutely ridiculous. Though not a big surprise now that I think about it. It's what I should have expected from D3. Seriously though, that's a joke. Oookayyy... Guess I won't be going for that anymore. 
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

You hit platinum at 250. I have 1696/1726/1648/1736/1828 with 1281/1444 cards mastered. Color mastery as a mechanic is dead after platinum.

• Dave808
    Options
    So lame. Why even have the 2500 after platinum? Why not just lock it at platinum then if there's no point?
    Also, error something went wrong. All. Dam. Day. Over and over again. Now the game won't even open. This game has become such a broken p.o.s
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It was pushed up to 2500 when one of my teammates hit the previous max and was put back in Bronze. When it becomes possible, I assume that is what will happen again. 
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Fiddler Out of curiosity, why are you trying to master cards beyond the platinum limit? I thought getting to 250 was a horrible grind, but your numbers are insane!
  • ElimGarak
    ElimGarak Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    @Fiddler Your numbers can't be right ... I have 1175 mastered cards and I am at around 900 in each color. Did you count the previous levels ... Seriously, what 100 cards would make up for the missing 4000 mastery points? Do you have like all the masterpieces?
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@ElimGarak Have you ever broken down your card collection on a spreadsheet and calculated your points? I could be higher than what is shown in your profile. Back when the Terror in the Shadows first came out I could not play the first few cycles because my mastery points were blocking me. The solution was to dock each color category 500 points, but they never put it back.

@tfg76 I like collecting, and since you can't collect the cards I collect mastery points. Plus its a way to grind out runes and catch a glimpse of how each card works.