Please do not design characters as 5*thanos meal.

CCW1208
CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
I know many players are looking forward to new character. The recent two character, lockjaw and rogue are nice. But their power is really weak in new 4* pvp.

lockjaw yellow: matching friend special tile and jump to the front
rogue yellow, matching green yellow red tiles, jump to the front

I know these ability could be useful in the future. However, when these new 4 stars are release, how many players could build a character more than 5 or 6 covers. The final result is that 5*thanos is laughing . 

Ps. My English is not good, sorry.

Comments

• NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but regardless of coverage, Thano5 is going to be a giant thorn in your side in most PVPs. It's just slightly more noticeable in the new release events.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Normally you can hide the low end character and have him/her/dog not be an issue. Rogue actively suicides..
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    This is too early to have baby characters with no chance to get their health up. Once you add 1 Yellow cover, you are in trouble. Even after 5 yellow covers, Rogue only blocks 25%. It would slow down the game, but maybe player should have the option of wanting the suicide charge to the front.

Also - if AI matches red including a friendly special tile while you play Rogue AND Lockjaw who is in front?
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Kevmcg said:
    Also - if AI matches red including a friendly special tile while you play Rogue AND Lockjaw who is in front?

Resolved left to right, top to bottom as per usual.  So whoever has the tile that activates to the most right bottom will be the one left naked out the front?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don’t train the yellow cover till her pvp event is over
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    That level 515 Lockjaw in the last Hearts of Darkness Ock node is certainly not a "meal" for Thanos...
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP said:
    Pongie said:
    Don’t train the yellow cover till her pvp event is over
    Now I feel bad for those who only got her yellow cover from SHIELD training.. and those who want to beat as many nodes as they want so they roster any powers they could get..
    Or since it's the PVP, just use the loaner so you at least have the other 2?
  • AngryGerman
    AngryGerman Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Kevmcg said:

Resolved left to right, top to bottom as per usual.  So whoever has the tile that activates to the most right bottom will be the one left naked out the front?
    As of patch 134, I believe, it will be the one with the highest hp. 
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Almost every character is a 5* Thanos meal.  Dude's a beast right now.  

That said, maybe we'll see a new kind of power soon.  Maybe something like Peggy's yellow.  When this character's health is greater than X%, opponent's passive powers do not fire.  

Nice counter to some characters dominating the current meta, like Medusa, Blade, Thanos, Panther, etc.  No defense against the original heavy hitters.  
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:
    That level 515 Lockjaw in the last Hearts of Darkness Ock node is certainly not a "meal" for Thanos...
      new release boosted 370 dog caps at 445 with 60,101 hp
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean, new release PVPs are usually quirky in some way because you're forced to use the weak, unleveled loaner. This is just the latest. 
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    I mean, new release PVPs are usually quirky in some way because you're forced to use the weak, unleveled loaner. This is just the latest. 

Yeah, but the point is that this weak, unleveled loaner jumps in front of 5* characters and takes 5* match damage until it dies, triggering Court Death.  This makes Thanos even more annoying to fight against.
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    I got it. 5* Magneto!

"Magneto is determined to protect his fellow mutants. When an enemy fires an AoE power creates a force field that negates x% of the damage. Magneto's allies cannot be stunned"

.... Panthos problem solved. 
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    I think 5* Magneto ought to have a power that says "Magneto uses the power of magnetism to inexplicably hack a bunch of robots' computer systems.  Since his power is clearly capable of literally anything, the entire opposing team loses immediately."

That would solve Panthos.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    You know, I had a surprisingly easy time with the Rogue PvP in SCL8. I used the loaner Rogue and almost always my champed/boosted Carol and Red Hulk. Made it in three climbs, one to 300, one to 650 (I got attacked once at this point), and then past 900 without getting attacked a single time. I only had 10 health packs to start, never had to buy more, and I never even had to shield! I also only encountered a handful of Thanoses (Thani?) and they were all undercovered and weak. When all was said and done I got myself the Rogue cover, and the 'Rogue & Friends' token got me the Rogue cover in the vault! She's now 1/1/1. 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    CCW1208 said:
    I know many players are looking forward to new character. The recent two character, lockjaw and rogue are nice. But their power is really weak in new 4* pvp.

lockjaw yellow: matching friend special tile and jump to the front
    rogue yellow, matching green yellow red tiles, jump to the front

I know these ability could be useful in the future. However, when these new 4 stars are release, how many players could build a character more than 5 or 6 covers. The final result is that 5*thanos is laughing . 

Ps. My English is not good, sorry.
    It happens that Rogue's green is one of the best abilties in game, even at one cover. 

As for Thanos, he is one of the best characters in the game. What do you expect ? 

And I don't know what is this fuss all about. Not wanting to brag, but I went from 0 to 900 from one single go in CL8 (I just wanted the Rogue cover). Used the loaner (so I would have green - my Rogue was 0/1/1), Carol and C&D. She effectively took the hits for my boosted heroes, and because she was the loaner, I would just have a fresh copy next game. Needed under 5 health packs for the entire climb. 
  • D4Ni13
    OJSP said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    It happens that Rogue's green is one of the best abilties in game, even at one cover. 

As for Thanos, he is one of the best characters in the game. What do you expect ? 

And I don't know what is this fuss all about. Not wanting to brag, but I went from 0 to 900 from one single go in CL8 (I just wanted the Rogue cover). Used the loaner (so I would have green - my Rogue was 0/1/1), Carol and C&D. She effectively took the hits for my boosted heroes, and because she was the loaner, I would just have a fresh copy next game. Needed under 5 health packs for the entire climb. 
    Your MMR protected you from being seen by championed Thanos and Panther until you break 825+. Lucky you lol.
    Maybe, but what I'm saying is that the loaner Rogue is pretty decent, because of her green and because she acts like a meat shield. What is different from a versus event where you don't have the featured character & you are forced to use the loaner ? 

I don't own all the 3* so ocassionally it happens to have to play with the loaner. I had harder time with multiple old characters in those events than with Rogue. 

And the fact that your Rogue is a 'meal' for Thanos, the viceversa should apply too. 
  • D4Ni13
    edited October 2017
    OJSP said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Maybe, but what I'm saying is that the loaner Rogue is pretty decent, because of her green and because she acts like a meat shield. What is different from a versus event where you don't have the featured character & you are forced to use the loaner ? 

I don't own all the 3* so ocassionally it happens to have to play with the loaner. I had harder time with multiple old characters in those events than with Rogue. 

And the fact that your Rogue is a 'meal' for Thanos, the viceversa should apply too. 
    Yeah, but that's not what this thread is talking about is it? the OP specifically mentioned Rogue is bad against Thanos if she has a Yellow cover.

What do you mean viceversa? that we can beat the opponent's Rogue with Thanos? that's different. we can target any loaners with Thanos. If we have a weak Rogue with a yellow cover, any cascades for the opponent that resulted in accidental red yellow green matches will hit Rogue. With other loaners, we can hide them at the back if we bring other characters with higher match damage.
    Yes, but... why would you keep a loaner safe ? I mean if we're talking about Thanos, it means we have good enough heroes to fight with. We wouldn't use the powers of a loaner, unless it is an utility power like Rogue's green and 5AP is affordable before she is killed. 

What I meant with viceversa is that if the loaner is a weak point for you, it has to be for the opponent as well... so you're theoretically even at advantages/disadvantages. 

I always use loaners as meat shield. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    D4Ni13 said:

Yeah, but that's not what this thread is talking about is it? the OP specifically mentioned Rogue is bad against Thanos if she has a Yellow cover.

What do you mean viceversa? that we can beat the opponent's Rogue with Thanos? that's different. we can target any loaners with Thanos. If we have a weak Rogue with a yellow cover, any cascades for the opponent that resulted in accidental red yellow green matches will hit Rogue. With other loaners, we can hide them at the back if we bring other characters with higher match damage.

I am having more success playing with my lvl 90 1/2/0 Rogue than the loaner. I know the loaner dies every match but doesn't require health packs, but i could use my own Rogue's red power many times to get more AP and hit harder because she doesn't move to the front at all.

Yep I ran my 2/1/0 Rogue the whole way in PVP with Carol Rulk.
    Never had to use a pack on her because she didn't tank a thing.
    Fun.
  • D4Ni13
    edited October 2017
    OJSP said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    I always use loaners as meat shield. 
    Then you'd get hit by Court Death a lot..
    Ok, I finally get where you're going to. I don't attract a lot of Thanos teams (have lower roster and I didn't raised my 5* over the boosted 4* levels), so I don't have that problem. I usually encounter undercovered Thanos teams and I feast on them. I see the problem now... 

So a solution may be to bring on a stunner, to stun Thanos just before your loner dies ? so Courth Death won't trigger ?