Webbed Wonder 5* Essential

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Monday we have a Webbed Wonder event starting.  It will be exciting!  With witty writing!  And reward Rogue and Friends tokens!

But, barring a somewhat-unlikely forum update on a Sunday, there will be no way to know before joining, who the 5* essential will be.

Who will be first unto the breach?  Who will bravely scout ahead and join SCL 7/8/9 blindly?

We anxiously await your report.

Comments

• ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    pls be DD
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Event up. No 5* essential listed.  
    @Brigby will we only find out tomorrow morning at 7am EST when the event starts? 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since I'm a s4 player this will have no effect on me, my alliance mates will tell me who's the 5* essential. But, I'm definitely disappointed by the lack of communication on this one so far. I am mostly on the forums to get all this kind of information early. Even the new DDQ hasn't been updated, and that started yesterday......
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby

Could the event rule section of the in game preview not be adjusted to include the 5* - the 2*,3* and 4* essentials are lists as Powered Up This Event - doesn't seem beyond the whit of man to adjust some language and make it clear these are the essential characters and include the 5* character - sort of thing really that should have been done as part of the launch not leave us requesting info or having to make a blind guess ahead of joining s1

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:
    Even the new DDQ hasn't been updated, and that started yesterday......
    I use https://mpq.gamependium.com/ for that.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the info!  The Reverse alpha first name theory is apparently not valid....
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    bluewolf said:
    Thanks for the info!  The Reverse alpha first name theory is apparently not valid....
    Unless they skipped Norman and did Matt Murdock :)

Looking likely that it's just the latest 5* now though. Hawkeye next then?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    thisone said:
    bluewolf said:

Except Hawkeye isn’t a Latest. 

Im pretty sure they are just doing release order but started 4th from the end because they need forum rage to spark activity. 

EDIT:  On second thought I bet I know why. They are probably going to have an anniversary boss event that releases the new 5* that starts after Webbed Wonder. The next event following will then feature that new 5* that almost no one has.  After that it will probably cycle back around to SS. 
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    thisone said:
    bluewolf said:

Im pretty sure they are just doing release order but started 4th from the end because they need forum rage to spark activity. 

EDIT:  On second thought I bet I know why. They are probably going to have an anniversary boss event that releases the new 5* that starts after Webbed Wonder. The next event following will then feature that new 5* that almost no one has.  After that it will probably cycle back around to SS. 
    The latest 5* released that hasn't been used, not a latest legend.

You're probably right, imagine round 8 rewards Gambit though..
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone said:
    broll said:
    thisone said:
    bluewolf said:

The latest 5* released that hasn't been used, not a latest legend.

You're probably right, imagine round 8 rewards Gambit though..
    Maybe, earlier Boss events did give the 5*, but I feel like a lot of the more recent ones have been just giving a token to their solo store.  The later seems more likely but we'll see.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Don't worry @Brigby we figured this out. For the future can this please be added to the preview information?  Just sucks that this communication has not been rolled out for this since it is now a major part of SL 7/8/9. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Don't worry Brigby we figured this out. For the future can this please be added to the preview information?  Just sucks that this communication has not been rolled out for this since it is now a major part of SL 7/8/9. 
    Apologies for the lack of info this time around. This was unfortunately at the same time as when I was preparing for, and traveling to, New York Comic Con, so I wasn't able to add the details to the Sneak Peek. If it's possible, in the future, I'll try to request this information ahead of time, so travel preparations don't cause conflict.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby, is the current 110 level boost to the 5 star essential character (Silver Surfer) intended?