Heroes for hire changing or on hiatus?

VoltaicDuke
VoltaicDuke Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
 I bought deadpool from the heroes for hire store but instead of showing the next character, I am getting a grey shield background with the message "check back later for more heroes". Anyone know what is going on?

Comments

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Anniversary 
  • VoltaicDuke
    VoltaicDuke Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Unfortunately the store is completely off.  I got a Thoress cover I could not use and it did not offer me a different color even though she is at 5/2/5
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unfortunately the store is completely off.  I got a Thoress cover I could not use and it did not offer me a different color even though she is at 5/2/5
    I wondered how long it would take for folks to start relying on that feature even though it was never officially announced or explained.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    I would have liked me some Iceman alternative too. I even have the ISO to champ him, but need one different cover than the one on the vine. 

I still hope it will change when the Deadpool changes. The feature is there for sure. I bought Vulture couple of days ago, just before getting the dub on Iceman.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I've got two She Hulks in my queue, one will give me an unusable black cover for Gwenpool, and so I'm waiting for Anniversary to see if they offer me the green that I need so I can finally get her champed. There's a green cover in the taco vault but I doubt that I'll pull it. My other option, well, outside of just throwing 120cp at her which I don't want to do, is to make She Hulk my BH and pull about 40 covers to get to Gwenpool's green which would save 3600hp but it doesn't take me too long to raise hp and I'd rather focus on other 3s that are closer to 223. Decisions, decisions. Kinda leaning towards just going after the 40 She Hulk covers.
  • D4Ni13
    edited October 2017
    shardwick said:
    Yeah I've got two She Hulks in my queue, one will give me an unusable black cover for Gwenpool, and so I'm waiting for Anniversary to see if they offer me the green that I need so I can finally get her champed. There's a green cover in the taco vault but I doubt that I'll pull it. My other option, well, outside of just throwing 120cp at her which I don't want to do, is to make She Hulk my BH and pull about 40 covers to get to Gwenpool's green which would save 3600hp but it doesn't take me too long to raise hp and I'd rather focus on other 3s that are closer to 223. Decisions, decisions. Kinda leaning towards just going after the 40 She Hulk covers.
    I tried the same strategy for Iceman. My Mistique is 206 now, and I BH her for some while now. you'll have to wait some time for those 40 covers unfortunately. If I get the offer for Iceman, I will take it with no regrets. Of course, I wouldn't do the same for Gwenpool. She's good, but not Iceman level. So maybe waiting a bit would be the smart decision. 

Or ultimately, you could follow your heart... :)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    40 sounds like a lot but lately I've been getting quite a few bonus heroes. Got another one tonight, actually. My gut is saying to go the BH route because I'm sitting on like 400k iso and 600ish cp and I'm gonna be spending a crazy stupid amount of cp soon. Hoping to get lucky with some more Vulture covers so I can champ him. So Gwenpool can probably wait a bit. But we shall see. RNGesus always tends to throw a wrench into my plans.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,107 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had an offer for X23 red yesterday but at the time of checking I didn't have the iso to champ her and my cover on the vine was expiring in 28 minutes. However, the offer is still there today even though the vinbe cover is gone (however been made moot by the fact that Apocalypse should net me my final red cover I need + a champ level).
  • D4Ni13
    edited October 2017
    DAZ0273 said:
    I had an offer for X23 red yesterday but at the time of checking I didn't have the iso to champ her and my cover on the vine was expiring in 28 minutes. However, the offer is still there today even though the vinbe cover is gone (however been made moot by the fact that Apocalypse should net me my final red cover I need + a champ level).
    My theory is that the offer only changes (appears or disappears) when the main character is changed. 

So if Deadpool changes into the next hero, the offers would refresh and check conditions. Maybe that's why you still see the offer despite not having the extra cover anymore. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,107 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    My theory is that the offer only changes (appears or disappears) when the main character is changed. 

So if Deadpool changes into the next hero, the offers would refresh and check conditions. Maybe that's why you still see the offer despite not having the extra cover anymore. 

That makes sense. As it is, a combination of timing and circumstance just saved me 3600HP.