Heart of Darkness (2017-09-28 to 2017-10-02)

Alfje17
Alfje17 Posts: 3,530 Chairperson of the Boards

Hearts of Darkness (with thanks to rainkingucd for use of the format)

Length of Event: 4 days
Sub-Events? Yes
Alliance Rewards in Sub-Events? Yes
Number of Sub-Events: 3 Length of Sub-Events: 24 or 48 hours
Main Bracket Size: 1000 Sub Bracket Size: 1000
Unique Reward(s): None

Other Notes:
  • There are Main nodes to open up the sub-events. These nodes are one time only nodes.
  • Enemy Types (Main): Hand Goons, Maggia Goons
  • Sub-Event 1: Unholy Alliance
    • Length: 48 hours
    • Sub-Event Nodes: 10 Total. 7 Regular (repeatable), including 2 Wave nodes; 3 Essential (repeatable)
    • Enemy Types: Maggia Goons, The Hood, Hand Goons
    • Unholy Alliance (4 waves)
      Kishu - Kishu - Shinobi
      Teisatsu - Konran - Teisatsu - Teisatsu - Konran
      Shinobi - Shinobi - Shinobi
      Kishu - Konran - Shinobi
    • Hand in Hand (2 waves)
      Shinobi - Muscle - Shinobi - Hitman
      Maggia Don - Thug - Kishu - Thug - Thug
    • 3* Essential (2 waves)
      Maggia Don - Teisatsu - Teisatsu
      Muscle - Maggia Don - Muscle
  • Sub-Event 2: Dark Design
    • Length: 24 hours
    • Sub-Event Nodes: 10 Total. 7 Regular (repeatable), including 2 Wave nodes; 3 Essential (repeatable)
    • Enemy Types: Hand Goons, Hammer Goons, Maggia Goons, The Hood
    • Ninjas and Hired Guns (4 waves)
      Assassin - Pyro - Grenadier
      Teisatsu - Kishu - Teisatsu
      Soldier - Shinobi - Kishu - Shinobi - Commander
      Muscle - Maggia Don - Thug
    • The Unimaginable Power (3 waves)
      The Hood  - Shinobi - Grenadier
      Soldier - Soldier - Assassin - Kishu - Shinobi - Thug - Hitman
      The Hood  - Muscle - Maggia Don
    • 3* Essential (4 waves)
      Maggia Don - Teisatsu - Teisatsu
      Konran - Soldier - Soldier
      Grenadier - Pyro - Lieutenant
      Hitman - Assassin - Spy
  • Sub-Event 3: Spirits of Vengenance
    • Length: 24 hours
    • Enemy Types: Hammer Goons, Bullseye (3*), Kingpin, Elektra, SHIELD Goons, Daken (2*), Cyclops (3*), Beast, Deadpool (3*), Colossus, Psylocke, Magneto (3*), Jean Grey (4*), Storm (2*), Hand Goons, Maggia Goons, Ghost Rider, Doctor Octopus, Daken (3*), Sentry, Loki, Mystique, Ares, Cyclops (4*), Professor X, Venom (1*), Ragnarok, Moonstone
    • Family Business (3 waves)
      Daken  - Cyclops  - Beast 
      Deadpool  - Colossus  - Psylocke 
      Magneto  - Jean Grey  - Storm 
    • The Rider Awakens (3 waves)
      Ghost Rider  - Doc Ock  - Daken 
      Sentry  - Loki  - Magneto  
      Mystique  - Bullseye  - Ares 
    • 3* Essential (3 waves)
      Teisatsu - Thug - Soldier
      Shinobi - Lieutenant - Hitman
      Konran - Pyro - Maggia Don

This Event:

Doctor Octopus
Mockingbird
 The Hood
 Storm

Previous Runs:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67453/hearts-of-darkness-2017-09-07-to-2017-09-11

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/65892/hearts-of-darkness-2017-06-26-to-2017-06-29

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/64743/pve-hearts-of-darkness-2017-05-19-to-2017-05-22

2017-04-06 - Hearts of Darkness - New Character Release Event - Cloak & Dagger Classic

2017-01-23 - Hearts of Darkness
2016-12-01 - Hearts of Darkness - New Character Release Event - Inhuman Queen
2016-09-19 - Hearts of Darkness
2016-07-28 - Hearts of Darkness - New Character Release Event - Janet van Dyne
2016-05-12 - Hearts of Darkness
2016-02-15 - Hearts of Darkness
2015-11-26 - Hearts of Darkness - New Character Release Event - Johnny Blaze

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having The Hood as a featured character in this, of all events, feels really weird.
  • SupermanTampa
    SupermanTampa Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Need some help. I've been in the Top 5 every night before going to bed at 11pm EST. And every morning when I wake up, I'm below the Top 100. How is this possible? Also, there are people that are almost 20k above me in points. I don't understand how people are getting that many points? At this rate, I have about a zero chance of getting a Rogue Cover when the event ends.

Thank you.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Need some help. I've been in the Top 5 every night before going to bed at 11pm EST. And every morning when I wake up, I'm below the Top 100. How is this possible? Also, there are people that are almost 20k above me in points. I don't understand how people are getting that many points? At this rate, I have about a zero chance of getting a Rogue Cover when the event ends.

Thank you.
    You don't say which time slice you are playing in.  The best way to play is this:  as soon as the sub opens, clear all normal nodes 4 times. (Waves just twice).  You want the timer bar to start, basically.  Then you wait until approximately 1- 1/2 hours before the sub ends and clear 3 more times. In HoD, there is a loaner node that you can clear more times for rewards.  I am ignoring nuances such as optimal clear order.

If you are, say, clearing 6x (green checks) and not trying to time your clears for optimal points, then you are basically jackrabbiting most players, or clearing early.  Even just 6 clears is often enough for T100 in a new release, if you play as I said.  Clearing early gives you less points as the recharge still has a while to go.

You also don't mention what SCL you chose and whether you have Doc Ock.  That would hurt you if you don't.
  • SupermanTampa
    SupermanTampa Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I choose SCL 7 and my time splice it supposed to end tomorrow (10.2.2017) at 0600 I believe.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are clearing before bed, that is pretty early for the slice (probably 7-8 hours), so that's what's happening. In the future you either need to pick a slice that allows you to play somewhat optimally (within 1-2 hours at worst) around the flip, or just ignore placement altogether.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,530 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    If you are clearing before bed, that is pretty early for the slice (probably 7-8 hours), so that's what's happening. In the future you either need to pick a slice that allows you to play somewhat optimally (within 1-2 hours at worst) around the flip, or just ignore placement altogether.

Indeed, choose a slice where you can do 4 clears as early as possible, but most importantly one where you can do your last clears just before the end.

I always take the last slice as it starts at 7AM for me, I can do most clears in the morning (breakfast, commute and if I'm lucky some time at work) then do rest of the 4 clears on my way back, get up at 6AM and do the last 2-3 clears before the slice ends at 7AM.

Having said that, possessing Doc Ock's Cunning scheme is a huge help this time!