Some non-US users seeing store prices in USD, particularly bad if local currency also uses $ sign

Options
TheZeusBear
TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
I've purchased many many times assortment of bundles, including VIP and have always been given the correct amount displayed. In Canadian dollars. Usually around 130-140$ for me for Stark's is what I've paid. 
I didn't purchase for a while and after everyone (off line/forums) talking about individual sales that pop up random,  checked once in a while to see if I'd get offered some sort of sale.

Saw that I had been offered 25,000 hp for $99.99
Jumped on that and purchased without a second thought since I believed it was some sort of incentive to purchase again. It worked!

Checked my credit card last night to see I've been charged the usual $131+ Canadian. 

All prices displayed to me are in American dollars which is horribly misleading. Was changed without any notification. I'm Canadian, my billing address is in Canada, and since day 1 of playing, have always been displayed the correct currency.  I wouldn't have purchased at that price, especially since I knew anniversary sales were upcoming. 

Is this a bug? A bad business practice to make people buy thinking they have a sale? Or... What? Will submit a ticket later today. 

Side note. Still haven't had anniversary sale offered to me despite being prompted in game it's available. 

[Mod edit: revised subject line for clarity. -Dayv]

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Have you logged into the US app store recently?
  • TheZeusBear
    Options
    I don't know how to do that so probably not. 
  • TheZeusBear
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Checked other mobile games. Prices are still the same as before which would be in CAD. Only mpq is changed. 

//Edit

Got an email back, saying to contact the store because they determine this sort of pricing...

Every other app has normal prices in Canadian dollars. Mpq is the only exception. How would the store have control of what's dictated in game? 

@Brigby Can I get ticket escalated since I doubt they'll reply on weekend and if this isn't resolved, I won't be purchasing for sale event. If it's fixed, I can go ahead and buy more. 
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    mexus said:
    While the distinction between SEK and $ is big enough to not confuse me, I can see how it's confusing if you change the currency from dollar ($) to another dollar ($) and it should be an issue looking in to.
    This would be an issue for me because I'm in AUD with a 20% difference in price. Can anyone tell me what the correct sale amounts should be to know if I have the sale or not?
  • TheZeusBear
    Options
    mexus said:
    While the distinction between SEK and $ is big enough to not confuse me, I can see how it's confusing if you change the currency from dollar ($) to another dollar ($) and it should be an issue looking in to.
    This would be an issue for me because I'm in AUD with a 20% difference in price. Can anyone tell me what the correct sale amounts should be to know if I have the sale or not?
    It should be 30% and if you have the sale, the original price is crossed out and it will say ---- hp free. 

Cs got back to me. Said thanks for reporting and I doubt I'll get any compensation. No more buying on either account anymore or renewing VIP it looks like.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Options
    It should be 30% and if you have the sale, the original price is crossed out and it will say ---- hp free. 

So $159.99 AUD for 20,000 26,000, red sub heading 6000 free is the correct price for sale? Because if it is, I'm getting seriously ripped based on Mexus' post up there with 32k for about $99 USD (~$125 AUD), or even worse it is actually $160USD for 26k I'm paying close to double.
  • TheZeusBear
    Options

So $159.99 AUD for 20,000 26,000, red sub heading 6000 free is the correct price for sale? Because if it is, I'm getting seriously ripped based on Mexus' post up there with 32k for about $99 USD (~$125 AUD), or even worse it is actually $160USD for 26k I'm paying close to double.
    Prices are different per person. That's in there FAQ already but not really the issue at hand, haha. Sucks, but it's been that way for a while.
  • TheZeusBear
    Options
    How do I get this issue resolved? Cs basically said thanks for the report and closed it.... Last msg from them.was on Friday when I reopened it. 
  • TheZeusBear
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Going to lose out on sale. At least with Mexus posting screenshot, I'm not the only one. 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How do I get this issue resolved? Cs basically said thanks for the report and closed it.... Last msg from them.was on Friday when I reopened it. 
    Hasn't @Brigby reached out to you yet? (Or @Tombstone , for that matter).

Weird currency shenanigans like this seems confusing at best, but more like a bug. Especially when looking at @mexus 's screenshot and taking into account the same currency sign...
  • TheZeusBear
    Options
    Nope, no one has reached out to me. Pmed Brigby yesterday in case he overlooked this thread but haven't heard back. 
    Cs was replying to another one of my tickets but ignoring this one... Asked them if my ticket kept getting bumped down whenever other ticket was being responded to, they said my issue has been escalated. Waiting on a reply back.
  • TheZeusBear
    Options
    Weird. My topic title was changed? 

Sale pretty much over. There go my Starks.
  • TheZeusBear
    Options
    September 28th to now, still waiting for help.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Weird. My topic title was changed? 
    Yeah, I changed it to make it a little more clear exactly what problem is being seen.  I added a note to your original post mentioning this, but I probably could have commented in the thread as well.

Whenever possible, it's best for a bug/problem report to be very specific, and also include key words that might help people searching for an existing thread.

I also dropped a PM to a couple people at Demiurge asking them to look at this, but I have no idea how soon they'll be able to respond.

(I'm just a community volunteer -- I have no idea how soon this will be corrected.)
  • TheZeusBear
    Options
    Thanks, Dayv.

They said my ticket has been escalated but haven't gotten anything since regarding either of my tickets. 
    People in alliance and buy clubs I'm in are getting responded within the same day for cover swaps and glitched buys. I don't know if I'm getting the run-around. It's been 7 days.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks, Dayv.

They said my ticket has been escalated but haven't gotten anything since regarding either of my tickets. 
    People in alliance and buy clubs I'm in are getting responded within the same day for cover swaps and glitched buys. I don't know if I'm getting the run-around. It's been 7 days.
    Cover swaps and glitched buys have an established set of policies to follow.  This one might be waiting for a higher level answer.  Just a guess.
  • TheZeusBear
    Options
    They told me twice it is an issue with the play store and not on their end and I should contact them instead. Both messages are identical.

If I get a refund from the play store, wouldn't my account be banned since it's technically a charge back of some sort?
  • TheZeusBear
    Options
    Thank you mods, especially Brigby for contacting CS on my behalf to further investigate 

Issue has been resolved, and have received compensation.

Have made several purchases while this was ongoing. Still in American funds but I'm aware of that now so that's a non-issue for me because I know what I'm getting at what rate.

Thanks CS and mods of these forums. 
    Hopefully a fix comes soon!