Definitely not random

Options
I have a win rate of about 90% since a year.
Now I have lost 5 matches out of 7.
????
And the first match I lost was against a spell deck with one creature - which can not receive damage.
And my destroy cards did not show up in the first 40 (!) cards - only damage cards.
It is like saying "hey you will lose - resistance is futile".
Needless to say that also the other lost matches were because of one card from the opponent where my counter did not show up.

It really feels like cheating.

Comments

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's time like these when I really wish people could export their logs. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No, I would say that is pretty random, sometimes things just align themselves in a way where you are screwed, like drawing 4 of the same support destroyer in a row at the begining, it sucks, but it happens because of the randomness.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

That's why you need to include cycling cards, even if you're not planning on cycling.  You can swish them away to dig deeper more quickly.

• sutoLkcalB
    sutoLkcalB Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I fear it may really be randomness - but playing against a program (AI if you want) always gives you the feeling something is wrong.  
    Especially this high rate of losses and then always with the same pattern ....

And adding cycling cards makes you again more dependent on enough mana. 
    In my case my Bomat Courier did the job (sometimes I killed it myself - hey my damage cards were worthless ...); so every time 6 new cards - that is why I had the chance to find out that so many cards were not the destroy cards I needed.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I fear it may really be randomness - but playing against a program (AI if you want) always gives you the feeling something is wrong.  
    Especially this high rate of losses and then always with the same pattern ....

And adding cycling cards makes you again more dependent on enough mana. 
    In my case my Bomat Courier did the job (sometimes I killed it myself - hey my damage cards were worthless ...); so every time 6 new cards - that is why I had the chance to find out that so many cards were not the destroy cards I needed.

When I'm having issues, it's usually my deck + PW choice.  Hint: Splash Blue on every node if you can.

From the sounds of it, you must be using Koth or something.  Don't bring him to PvP.  Use Saheeli instead.

• Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Steeme saiid: When I'm having issues, it's usually my deck + PW choice.  Hint: Splash Blue on every node if you can.

From the sounds of it, you must be using Koth or something.  Don't bring him to PvP.  Use Saheeli instead.

I tend to splash white on every node, mostly for the better creatures/cast out/farm-revenge.
    I really need to buy Tezz2 and Saheeli. :(

To the topic, I've had matches where I draw multiple cards a turn and they are the same two to three cards. It is an unfortunate random, especially when trying to find a specific card. But that's life in the big city, and the generator is just doing it's job the best it can.
  • Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just played a cycling deck and it wasn't until turn 15 that I got a specific card. I didn't count how many I drew, but I'm willing to bet it was above 35. Thing is.. that's bound to happen eventually. I don't keep track of how many times I play a cycling deck and that DOESN'T happen because we only remember the bad RNG. If you've been playing over a year, count yourself lucky that hasn't happened already. XP
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The Mets has shifted. You're not the only one taking random losses. Time to adjust the decks for a less creature heavy environment. You'll adjust quick enough 
  • sutoLkcalB
    sutoLkcalB Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    In my case it was the red-white Ajani PW.
    My decks tend to be on the defensive side - done by spells and supports (the latter help against non-targetable creatures). My creatures are then my offense - seldom do I use creatures to block anything.  
    And I also prefer to use two-colored PW.

The issue are the secondary goals of the events.
    If you have to kill "at least 3 creatures of your opponent" - and you get opponents with good combo decks and only one creature in - you need to wait for the creatures to appear to get them killed - but then it is already too late because the combos are triggering...

So the real bad luck for me was the assignment of my opponents deck.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    this game is way too easy at the moment
    I love triggering AI and leaving straight 5 match just to watch it ignoring it and going for loyalty 3 match
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ^^that drives me nuts. I don't understand why they don't fix that. Is the AI too hard for most people? 
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They actually unfixed it a while back, deliberately made it dumber. Who knows why.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They actually unfixed it a while back, deliberately made it dumber. Who knows why.
    Because people complain loud when they lose. 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Refers to every koth thread. 
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Koth reeeeeeee! 
  • Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I once lost to a cycling deck because of bad draws. It was funny.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lagartha said:
    I just played a cycling deck and it wasn't until turn 15 that I got a specific card. I didn't count how many I drew, but I'm willing to bet it was above 35. Thing is.. that's bound to happen eventually. I don't keep track of how many times I play a cycling deck and that DOESN'T happen because we only remember the bad RNG. If you've been playing over a year, count yourself lucky that hasn't happened already. XP

As someone who plays the same (or similar) cycling decks very frequently, I've definitely had those occasions where NP is buried at card 30 or lower. It's always surprising (and a bit frustrating), but it happens.  It's likely the same with other cards, but I don't notice them as much because I'm not specifically digging for them.