Which 5* will be required in PVE

Options
Hi Guys,

Is there a way to tell which 5* will be required for the next PVE, if I have the 5* covered then I choose Slice 8 because it has better reward, if it's a 5* i dont have rostered then I tend to choose Slice 7.

Right now Hearts Of Darkness is coming up and I dont have a way to check this beforehand.

Comments

• gigatilburg29
    gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options
    Is this something that can be added to the Event Rules section along with the information which charecters are buffed for a particular event? @Brigby
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My theory is by name. In reverse order.

Peter Quill.
    Peter Parker.
    Otto Octavius.

Norman Osborn, I expect to be next. Let's see :/

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I am not looking forward to when a new character event comes round, and its one of Silver Surfer, Black Bolt or Daredevil, who I dont currently have rostered. 

I have absolute sympathy for anyone who doesn't have Doc Oc. 
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OJSP said:
    thisone said:
    It's interesting. But that means Black Suit Spider-Man is skipped. Also, in the game, some of the covers are named differently, so it wasn't too obvious what the pattern is.
    Yeah, they may alternate the Spidey's. Too small a pattern to know definitively. I guessed they just skipped BSS, and Stephen Strange as they were older 5s.

The order they entered the game was Starlord, Ock then Peter? I was considering that as well. Probably just random but I live in hope :)

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Poo... i don't have Doc. And I won't open the hoard to get 1 cover as Gambit is next 5*. But it's Rogue release event.... Poo....
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thisone said:

Peter Quill.
    Peter Parker.
    Otto Octavius.

Geez, I hope there is a pattern we can use to predict it.  Won't help with getting the character, but planning iso use would be nice.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's in part to punish hoarders. You should pretty much assure 1 cover for each 5* with release from the specific store. At 10% chance it's still doable to get one without hurting the hoard.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thisone said:

Peter Quill.
    Peter Parker.
    Otto Octavius.

My theory is that the whole point of essential characters is to pressure us players to roster everyone.  So they are starting with the least-rostered 5*s.  SL was disappointment at release and many people skipped him to start post HE hoards.  So he was the first and the cosmic tokens were a path for people to roster him since he is out of latest tokens. 

Then parker and OC.  Next might well be daredevil.