Act of Heroism

The text says "Target creature is enabled and gets +2/+2 until the end of turn". But if your creature is disabled by supports (Claustrophobia, Hixus, etc.), as soon as the creature becomes enabled by this spell, the support goes on top of the stack and disables the creature again.

Comments

• HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Same with Vizier of Tumbling Sands. It remains to be seen if this is the intended functionality or not. I can see how it might not be a bug.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Claustrophobia creates a state-based disable of the first creature slot, so enabling the creature would lead to it being immediately disabled again.

Hixus, however, shouldn't be causing that issue
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know it works properly with the desert that disables your own creature.

By wording even with Claustrauphobia you should get one attack then it should be disabled again at end of turn due to the state-based disable.

Hixus should do exactly the same thing but for different reasons, since you attacking will retrigger Hixus.
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Confirming that this still hasn't been fixed in the new release...assuming it is a bug and not intentional.

The text reads "Target creature is enabled then gains +2/+2 and Defender until the beginning of your next turn."
    With Desert's Hold on the board, my 1st creature (the target of this spell) was Enabled, given Defender and +2/+2, and then disabled again by Desert's Hold before casting the next card in my hand.

I could swear I've brought a critter out of Cast Out before with this card.
    I could be wrong though because Cast Out is targeted and Desert's Hold/Claustrophobia/Suppression Bonds are not.

As mentioned above, it still works as expected when I stun my own critter with Survivor's Encampment.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Cast out isn't a constant effect in the way desert's hold, claustrophobia, suppression bonds are.  While those three supports are on the field the first creature slot is unable to act whatsoever.

Think of those as disabling the creature slot rather than the creature.  Therefore, even enabling the creature in the first slot will have no effect on escaping disable as long as it occupies the first slot.

By contrast, cast out isn't disabling the creature slot, but the creature.  This is also the case with many one-turn disable effects.  Same with Hixis.  Therefore the creature can escape the disable state by enabling.