Rewards for Terrors in the Shadows and Nodes of Power need to be changed

Options
Rasalghul
Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
edited September 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I think that the rares that we get at the end of the individual progression and in the top 50 need to be changed from the restricted OGW set to the broader BFZ set.

I can't remember exactly but there are only 10 rares in OGW so if you play in the 2 events, you will get more duplicates after grinding throw the event. 

By chance, I'm still missing 4 of those OGW rares but I end up getting more and more duplicates instead of getting the missing ones. 

So please change one of the event so we get BFZ rares instead. 

It may be a naive request, still it is a nice and I hope easy change for player satisfaction.

Thanks for listening !

Edit: Actually there are 18 OGW rares compared to 42 BFZ rares.

Comments

• Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes. Please do this. 
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options

rewards from legacy events should be done in blocks the ability to pull the rare reward from both sets would be far preferential

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev said:
    You know, it's a crazy idea, but, have they considered awarding Mythics for Legacy events? They're worth less than Standard Mythics now...

This is a very good idea honestly. A great way to breathe life into Legacy events and give a fun chance to completing those collections. I still think that Mythic prizes in Standard should never happen, but can't see why legacy cannot.

• TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I personally see no reason that they shouldn't up the rates of legacy Rares and Mythics from packs, now that they can only be used in legacy. Give us a chance to complete the sets.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Make the rares guaranteed not dupes, if you have all rares then a non-dupe mythic, if you have all mythics then a pat on the head.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    and as shteev pointed out they are worth less plus it helps playes get mythics to be able to compete in training grounds, so less compliants about how unfair tg is. to be honest most of the mythics from the newest set are ehh compared to other blocks
  • Gunmix25
    edited September 2017
    Options
    morgue427 said:
    and as shteev pointed out they are worth less plus it helps playes get mythics to be able to compete in training grounds, so less compliants about how unfair tg is. to be honest most of the mythics from the newest set are ehh compared to other blocks
    No offense, but when has Sheetv ever pointed out anything that wasn't worthless? Lol. 

He does have a point though. The value of mythics are only as good as the player values for his collection and in legacy events. Useless for standard 
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I don't really want to say it, but I'm gonna. Mythics would be such an easy wayto appease us. Plus, I have every single rare from bfz and ogw. Multiples of most. I have 8 mythics from ogw and zero from bfz. I'm never going to buy those packs. I'd literally be flushing my crystals. It would be nice to have a means to acquire those cards and I can almost guarantee it would encourage more participation. I'd even be moderately pleased if they added "chance at mythic" I still play because I might pull a mythic in the prize packs, but I sure don't put much effort in. I don't even try for objectives. I would if a mythic was on the line. Even if it was a monthly mythic reward. Just throw us a bone. 
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't really want to say it, but I'm gonna. Mythics would be such an easy wayto appease us. Plus, I have every single rare from bfz and ogw. Multiples of most. I have 8 mythics from ogw and zero from bfz. I'm never going to buy those packs. I'd literally be flushing my crystals. It would be nice to have a means to acquire those cards and I can almost guarantee it would encourage more participation. I'd even be moderately pleased if they added "chance at mythic" I still play because I might pull a mythic in the prize packs, but I sure don't put much effort in. I don't even try for objectives. I would if a mythic was on the line. Even if it was a monthly mythic reward. Just throw us a bone. 
    "chance at mythic" was available in QB prizes till QB was removed. Though the chances are tiny, one can pull a mythic card as a reward even if one wasn't top1. 
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You cant really use the argument that if we let people collect all of the mythics they will get bored with the new set if we also refuse to let them collect the mythics for older blocks.

The developers have to be aware that end game players pretty much play for those new shiny cards.  The fact that the elusiveness has become 1 every month or so has really ruined the fun of this game for me.

• Gunmix25
    Options
    "chance at mythic" was available in QB prizes till QB was removed. Though the chances are tiny, one can pull a mythic card as a reward even if one wasn't top1. 

QB's "chance at a mythic" created a huge and ever growing power gap. "Tiny" is any understatement. New players would never have had a Chance at ever reaching the top 10.  I know,  because I was one of them.  I tried like crazy though.  Watched the list for months from November 2016 to when QB ended. The same small very elite group of players always scored the top ten. Their powerbase continued to grow whereas newer players would never, ever see such rewards. QB was fun,  but for prizes as a whole for playing, it was a joke. Standard was a much needed blessing.  Now a Standard QB would be some thing. A legacy QB would still deny newer players a chance at completing sets. I like the legacy events idea. Restrictions via objectives makes for better odds for all to get a mythic.  
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I really don't want to see a return to the old QB where a handful of people got Mythics. There needs to be a better way for everyone to get mythics. Elite packs need to come in different flavors.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:

QB's "chance at a mythic" created a huge and ever growing power gap. "Tiny" is any understatement. New players would never have had a Chance at ever reaching the top 10.  I know,  because I was one of them.  I tried like crazy though.  Watched the list for months from November 2016 to when QB ended. The same small very elite group of players always scored the top ten. Their powerbase continued to grow whereas newer players would never, ever see such rewards. QB was fun,  but for prizes as a whole for playing, it was a joke. Standard was a much needed blessing.  Now a Standard QB would be some thing. A legacy QB would still deny newer players a chance at completing sets. I like the legacy events idea. Restrictions via objectives makes for better odds for all to get a mythic.  

Once again you are thinking about this in the wrong way.  Your complaint is you couldn't compete in QB because the rich kept getting richer. 

The solution was to make everyone poorer by removing QB, nerfing prizes for contest, and reducing odds of getting mythics from packs (by giving us less packs per crystal and by removing the rare "or better" feature).

A better solution:  Enable more people to compete by giving more generous drop rates, more affordable exclusive cards, a crafting system that could target cards, etc.  If everyone could ultimately collect the whole set with enough time, effort, and/or money then some people would complete the set quickly, while others would take much longer.  But ultimately everyone would/could get there who wanted to.

Also, you only needed to be in the top 50 to get a guarantee rare in QB which had the potential to get upgraded to a mythic.

• TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah the issue with the austerity was that there was still the gap, it only slowed down it's growth or shrunk it by frustrating some older players into quitting. A better solution in my mind is, better draw rates from a larger draw set. To combat issues of everyone having the same decks make the cards in such a way that there isn't just a handful of strategies that are overpowering, build cards for flexible combos so players can have fun designing decks to fit their playstyle rather than chasing one or two guaranteed win cards that will possibly get nerfed. That is how I recall paper magic being, and I never faced the same deck, rarely ever the same combo, twice from different people.
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quite a few of us acknowledged the power gap and argued that the best solution was to help enthusiastic new players acquire cards as quickly as possible but the crab-bucket mentality won out. There were too many vocal players that wanted to drag the top down instead of lift the bottom up and the result was as predicted.

Those power-players kept their collections and everyone else is finding it harder than ever to catch up. Yes, some of those players quit (with or without fanfare) out of frustration when their shiny new cards disappeared but others are still playing... and we still  face their decks in TG and legacy PVP. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quite a few of us acknowledged the power gap and argued that the best solution was to help enthusiastic new players acquire cards as quickly as possible but the crab-bucket mentality won out. There were too many vocal players that wanted to drag the top down instead of lift the bottom up and the result was as predicted.

We are modern-day Cassandras.

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You need both.

It's meant to be an assymptote.

Steep rise at the start that slows down and almost plateaus. That's how progression works in almost everything that has a long term.

In the long run having a lot of happy new players is far far more important to the future than keeping a few grumpy old porch-sitters mollified.