More HP than I know what to do with

Richyyy
Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
The title pretty much says it all. I was just wondering what people feel the best use for excess HP is? I tend to concentrate more on PvE because PvP was always so dispiriting, which means I don't even use that much of it on shields. The occasional 1000HP for a roster slot when a new character is released barely makes a dent. I often buy the 100HP daily deal tokens, but now that I have virtually every 4* champed there are rarely any specific covers I need to chase in the vaults.

So what do you do with it all? Heroic 40-packs? Event 40-packs? Emptying a vault when a new character comes out just to make sure you get that one extra cover? Is there some other option I'm missing? It just seems like while everyone wants CP and needs iso, once you've been playing a while the game's throwing more HP at you than you could possibly need.

Comments

• stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    I usually buy the 5* character token vaults. I buy anything every day that is 100hp.... unless you have everyone max champed  can always use covers...  or hoard until the anniversary if they do better vaults...  If you buy a 40 pack make sure you wait for the off season ones.. like the recent bff.. normally 11200,  those are only 10k.. 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Most of my surplus goes to PvP shielding, but I generate excess beyond that.  I used to save that up until I could get a 10-pack and spend it on vaults with covers I wanted.  Now my 3*s are beginning to approach max champ, so the excess is mostly going to creating dupes of those as they pass 260.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    I'm at 16k hp.
    i use them like ddq tokens - if I have ~300 and I see something useful in the vault, I spend them.
    sub ddq vault and tokens with hfh and hp.

i don't buy any 100hp daily tokens, that seems quite expensive for a 2*, and that's from someone who regularly buys covers with cp. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buy roster slots for 3* dupes.
    That's 40k and change right there.
    Believe me, you WILL feel the HP crunch again if you play the long game.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    I spent a long time doing daily deals, then started holding out so I could dump on some new character PVP packs, and now that I've started rostering 3* dupes I'm holding on for that. I'll probably roster more 3*s than 4*s between now and year end, so earning enough HP to keep up with new character releases doesn't mean as much as it used to.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell said:
    i don't buy any 100hp daily tokens, that seems quite expensive for a 2*, and that's from someone who regularly buys covers with cp. 
    On average, though, it's also a 3* cover for 400 hp, plus bonus heroes, minus (if you can call it that) the chance that you might get a 4* instead.
  • ammenell
    random 3*s are everywhere and the chance for a 4* is... yeah, I rather like to wait for a good hfh store.
    another option I forgot - my first 3*s have reached level 250, I'm going to need a LOT to roster those dupes. 
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    More farming of 2*s or even 3*s.

I may also spend up to 200 HP per day on opening tokens.  But I never go overboard because might need HPs for slots.
  • ammenell
    byc said:
    More farming of 2*s or even 3*s.
    i get the same for an elite token.
    i don't know if the chances are lower, but with a running 2* farm and every 3* except Electra champed i don't really process that - i have a habit of going through my queue and just mindlessly tapping champ levels away on autopilot.

there may be a theoretical chance it's more efficient to spend that daily 100hp for a 4*, and it may be significantly more expensive to buy a hfh cover for 3600, but I prefer that feeling of immediate return...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right now I suggest you save it until the Anniversary celebrations. There tends to be special offers that are quite good.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Richyyy
    You could donate it to me. I've got some characters in my Pending Rewards I wouldn't mind recruiting :p 
    /joke
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    300 HPs go to every PvP event for shields

Some go to the daily deals, usually when my 2* farm heroes are getting close to 144, so I can sell them and apply that ISO to a 4* that needs it.

Roster slots

Any excess after that I try to save for vaults that have new character covers.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Save for special event vaults.  I gutted the Defenders vault 1.5 times, I should have enough to do similar with the Anniversary vaults coming up.

And yeah, roster spots for the 3* dupes.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Buy roster slots for 3* dupes.
    That's 40k and change right there.
    Believe me, you WILL feel the HP crunch again if you play the long game.
    Yeah, this. I've started buying slots every time I hit 1k HP, to eliminate the temptation for frivolous vault pulls that might leave me without enough slots. Once your first 3* hits max, it's a waterfall of them.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    3600hp spent on heroic dailies yields 2.6 4*s and 9 3*s, along with 24.4 2*s. 

It also takes 36 days to do it.

And its all RNG.

Vaults are more costly because they offer specific covers, presenting more value to those that need those covers.

You also have to save up 3600hp and wait for a vault that helps.

I'll stick with the dailies!
    Yeah I've bought a few (3, maybe?) HfH deals so far, all for characters at 5/5/1 or 5/5/2. The targeted buy is worth it, when it's worth it. 

My HP income is net positive anyhow, so I generally end up with 3000+ HP without making large spends now and again.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    @Richyyy
    You could donate it to me. I've got some characters in my Pending Rewards I wouldn't mind recruiting :p 
    /joke
    Talk your devs into setting up a system where you can swap me something in return, and then we can talk ;).

Thanks for the replies, people. I admit I hadn't really considered needing HP for slots for 3* duplicates, because I've only hit 266 with one of them so far and with the 2* farm it's unnecessary (the new version fills the slot left by selling the previous one). Given that as a consideration I won't go totally crazy and just spend it all.

And yes, I was always planning on waiting to see if the anniversary threw up anything worth using it on.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Roster spots, daily deals, and the occasional pvp shield.

Currently at 13k, and waiting for those anniversery vaults.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    save it for the anniversary vaults / tokens, they are usually pretty great.

also roster slots have over 150 and wish I had more

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,795 Chairperson of the Boards
    106k saved since the death of cakes. Planning on blowing 70k if the anniversary vault is any thing like last years.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pvp shields and roster spots mainly. I come out neutral on the shields and have all 4s, except Rogue, rostered so I rarely buy roster spots though I am starting to build a dupe set of 2s. My 3s are a bit far off from needing to start any dupes. I was offered a targeted cover for Mordo in h2h but I passed on it. Then they took that feature away from me. Then I pulled the Mordo cover that I needed from a heroic. Now my only 4* in a 5/5/2 spot is Gwenpool. I like her a lot so I would buy her if they offered me that elusive green pew pew pew cover. Hint hint hint hint hint. I actually have my 183rd She Hulk cover in my queue which would give me Gwenpool's black but am waiting to see if they update h2h for Anniversary.

Sooo outside of that it just keeps adding up though I will probably buy some packs for Anniversary.