Roster?

cgrubb80
cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
edited September 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Is is better to have all or most 3*s before I go after 4*?

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, ideally you don't want to skip the 3-star tier.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    If you get a cover for a great 4* like Peggy or Carol then I would try to roster it over a weaker 3* that you probably won't use much.  But yeah, I would focus on getting as many 3*s up and running as possible before moving on to the 4* tier.  If nothing else, the champ rewards from the 2* and 3* tier give enough HP to open up more slots for the better characters.
  • cgrubb80
    edited September 2017
    My alliance is KTwn and the name is Quickshot80 for any advise.  I want to spend the $20 to get three spots.  Going to get 1* juggernaught, 3* captain marvel, and one of the 2* I am lacking.  I have 2 of the 4* token and 95 star points saved.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd hang onto those tokens and command points until you're comfortable opening a 4* (or 5*) that you don't have and will have to roster. Since you're buying HP for roster slots I assume you're not in that position right now.

Second, sell 2* Storm and Ms Marvel (for 65,000 ISO and 125 HP each) and roster them again at level 15. This "farming" of 2*s is a good source of HP that you can use to roster even more characters.

Also, you'll probably want to stop putting ISO into your 5*s, they're REALLY expensive.
  • cgrubb80
    I already mine the 2*s.  I have 7 more days until my storm is up in the over flow area.  This is the way I run with 2*s.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    PVE or PVP, not having the required 3-star is a huge crutch .The game meta has switched to the 4-star tier now, but your 3-stars will still lay that foundation by providing you LTs, HP, Heroics, and of course Iso to keep the machine going. Until you get a nice slew of champed 4s, your 2 and 3-star farms will be your primary source of gain for those resources outside of progression/placement rewards.

I've only hoarded twice to date: the first time, pulling everything but LTs and CP as normal. The second time, I didn't pull anything, not even standards, elites, and heroics. There was a SIGNIFICANT decline in the speed at which I acquired these resources, and it showed me just how quickly those little champ rewards of 50 HP here, 250 iso there, can add up. 

Now that roster-based scaling is no longer a thing as far as PVE is concerned, there isn't really a detriment to just having a 5-star rostered. Pulling 4-stars already didn't really hurt since they start at Lv 70, but now having a Lv 255 something with 1-cover only shouldn't really hurt either. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely get all of your 2s (except Bagman) and 3s rostered as soon as possible because you can then take advantage of Deadpool Daily. That will be a huge source of resources for you early on. And if you play a decent amount of pve you can hit max progression without the required 4* and even get decent placement rewards if you play fairly optimally. Also, Anniversary is around the corner so you may want to try and save up for a spot on your roster for Devil Dino because she's very rare so you probably won't see her again until you've played the game for a year or you get to next year's Anniversary. Just something to think about.
  • cgrubb80
    I sold the DD I had for the needed roster spot.  I also got rid of Howard.  I am looking forward to the anniversary.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    With Webbed Wonder running more frequently you can always get Howard back later. I was in your shoes last year, I got like three or four of Devil Dino last Anniversary but opted to not roster her because I had bigger priorities at the time and very little hp so even though I did want her I just didn't have enough hp anyway.
  • cgrubb80
    Just got another 9 star points to be at 104 now.