Any Chance We Could Change the 5* Node into a 2 Clear Node?

Options
BlackWidower
BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2017 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
SCL8 was perfect for me.  It was right at the right difficulty for someone that has more than 3'4 of the 4* champed,

I like the idea of the 5 St* node, but it's frankly exhausting.
It's a definite morale breaker and time thief and I am thinking of moving down to SCL - because that's where I will have more time to be able to clear.  
A complete clear and and an initial clear end up being sometimes up to four hours in a row of PVE and that is too much.
 And that's taking into account PVP.

If the node was brought down to two clears (you can make it SLIGHTLY harder), it wouldn't be as much of a burden as having to clears these monsters seven times!.

It might bring the people back to SCL 9 who are actually supposed to be there (not me yet) and those to SCL8, instead of all downgrading to SCL7 (or even to six) in order to not have to grind so long.

I suddenly see why all these people like two day events.

I think this would be the best of both worlds - a nice compromise.

Comments

• SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree with this. I didn't think the new node would make the grind last so much longer, especially since at levels 7 and 8 there are a lot of 4* tier- players and transitioners who don't have many covers of the 5*. Also, the 4th match gives only 250 ISO as reward- it's not really worth it.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options

As far as I'm concerned, they might as weel turn it into a one-off boss fight at the maximum difficulty, or have it replace the 3 easy missions that has everyone go through the motions every day.

The one thing noone's been clamoring for is 6/7 more fights per day.

• BlackWidower
    Options
    I agree with this. I didn't think the new node would make the grind last so much longer, especially since at levels 7 and 8 there are a lot of 4* tier- players and transitioners who don't have many covers of the 5*. Also, the 4th match gives only 250 ISO as reward- it's not really worth it.
    one of them, it's the fifth or sixth, I forget, gives you a standard token... a standard token... seriously.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    one of them, it's the fifth or sixth, I forget, gives you a standard token... a standard token... seriously.
    Yeah but the first one is the event token, and the second is the CP. Much better than the days where you got your reward randomly; including a very large chance to get a 25 ISO consolation prize, even when you had real rewards left.
  • BlackWidower
    Options
    Yeah but the first one is the event token, and the second is the CP. Much better than the days where you got your reward randomly; including a very large chance to get a 25 ISO consolation prize, even when you had real rewards left.
    That's very true, and yes, they give the good prizes first.  Yes, that's very good.
    It was sort of a joke having gone through that hell 6 times to get a standard token.

My problem is just having to do this node 7 times.  I am not sure it belongs in SC7, but if it wasn't everyone would be there.

I know you're not forced to do it or anything, but every time they bring out a new character (which is often) your alliance will have certain expectations from you to finish these for placement.

This just adds a lot of time onto your clears.  As much as I want to I can't just leave it alone, I found it hard to not do a 7th clear yesterday.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like the ideas of making this a 2 clear node and then a red check mark.  Right now this should be a bonus node.  I would also consider moving this node to the starter map and make it 6 clears max for the whole event and the 6th node give a cover of that particular 5*.  This would make it 6 clears per event instead of 6-7 per sub.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are the nodes really that hard?  The first set (StarLord) It took me a few tries to find a working combo, but then they were pretty easy.  A bit grindy, but nothing to phone home about.

The second set (Spider-Man) was harder to find a combo that worked, but once I did, I sped through the first 4 clears like a fat-man at an all-you-can-eat wing-fest.**

The 5-star nodes do a great job of not conforming to the same old strategies.  Remember when Wave nodes first started?  The forums were awash with "THIS IS TOO HARD!  FIX IT!"  How about when symbiotes were first announced?  The forums were full of "It's impossible to win when there a symbiote feeding Carnage red AP!!!!!" 

Everytime the Devs do something to upset the meta, the forums go ape.  Instead of whinging about how hard it is, try different characters besides your 1 high level 5* or a Medusa/CaptMarvel combo.  There are 100+ characters with different abilities.  Try using some of the lesser ones or a strategy that doesn't revolve around high-speed nukes.  And god forbid people actually have to plan out their strategies or select team-ups and/or power-ups with reason and thought behind them instead of just taking whatever is randomly assigned.

Oh, and for the record, my Starlord is level 255 with 5 covers and my spiderman is level 255 with 4.  They're both awful and basically just meat shields and I was able to grind out all 6 clears in each sub I played (I missed Sunday because I was hungover and didn't play)

**I am that fat guy at a wing-fest.

• SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The 5* nodes shouldn't exist in SCL7- the level most used by those transitioning to a 4* roster. Even if some do have 5*, they only have few covers and not worth leveling. And that standard token is ridiculous. At SCL 6 and higher, all standard tokens should just be replaced with ISO.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just did the latest one with IM40 and Riri.

Sure, you have to -have- the 5*, but that'll only matter a lot for the new ones. Presumably nearly anyone who opens legendary tokens has 1 silver surfer at this point.

The 5* nodes shouldn't exist in SCL7- the level most used by those transitioning to a 4* roster. Even if some do have 5*, they only have few covers and not worth leveling. And that standard token is ridiculous. At SCL 6 and higher, all standard tokens should just be replaced with ISO.
    Presumably by this logic the 4* required node shouldn't exist at SCL, what, 5 or lower, and the 3* required node shouldn't exist in SCL1?

Not sure what your point is, this is the same kind of gating that has always existed in MPQ. Having a larger (and higher level) roster unlocks (either hard-unlock or soft-unlock) more rewards.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    Are the nodes really that hard?  The first set (StarLord) It took me a few tries to find a working combo, but then they were pretty easy.  A bit grindy, but nothing to phone home about.

The second set (Spider-Man) was harder to find a combo that worked, but once I did, I sped through the first 4 clears like a fat-man at an all-you-can-eat wing-fest.**

The 5-star nodes do a great job of not conforming to the same old strategies.  Remember when Wave nodes first started?  The forums were awash with "THIS IS TOO HARD!  FIX IT!"  How about when symbiotes were first announced?  The forums were full of "It's impossible to win when there a symbiote feeding Carnage red AP!!!!!" 

Everytime the Devs do something to upset the meta, the forums go ape.  Instead of whinging about how hard it is, try different characters besides your 1 high level 5* or a Medusa/CaptMarvel combo.  There are 100+ characters with different abilities.  Try using some of the lesser ones or a strategy that doesn't revolve around high-speed nukes.  And god forbid people actually have to plan out their strategies or select team-ups and/or power-ups with reason and thought behind them instead of just taking whatever is randomly assigned.

Oh, and for the record, my Starlord is level 255 with 5 covers and my spiderman is level 255 with 4.  They're both awful and basically just meat shields and I was able to grind out all 6 clears in each sub I played (I missed Sunday because I was hungover and didn't play)

**I am that fat guy at a wing-fest.

For me the 5* node is about quality of life not difficulty.  If you are going for placement in CL9 you are now doing 7 more nodes per sub, on a node that is more of a grind than before.  D3 is also going to a win based system in PVP which means more grinding of matches then ever before.  I prefer CL9 for the 3CP and the better rewards, I would personally like to see this node be 6 clears for a red check mark for an even rather than 6 got a green check mark per sub.  The Devs adjusted scaling per CL for quality of life for its players, and now are increasing the required amount of time to play for placement.  This feels counter intuitive to me.